Today, we’re going to explore some of the most valuable Artificial Intelligence statistics for 2023.
Let’s get started.
Key Artificial Intelligence Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- The AI industry value is projected to increase by 13x during the course of the next 8 years
- More than 50% of US citizens use voice assistance for information purposes
- AI is growing at a CAGR of approximately 40% globally
- The artificial intelligence market is predicted to grow by 38% in 2023
- Almost 100 million people will be working in the AI sector by 2025
- AI is used in disease prevention to discover previously unknown virus strains
- Google’s deep machine learning technology is thought to be up to 99% accurate
AI Technology Statistics 2023
AI Benefits Statistics
- The major benefits of chatbots are 24 hour service (64%), instant responses to inquires (55%), and answers to simple questions (55%).
- If you’re working in a company that has more than 250 employees, it’s less likely that your company will enjoy these benefits; mid market companies usually don’t deploy chatbots.
AI Usage Statistics
- When it comes to usage, 51% use voice assistants in the car, 6% in public, and 1.3% at work.
- AI usage statistics show that in 2030, about 26.1% of China’s GDP will come from AI.
- 69% reported reduced operational costs due to chatbot usage.
- Despite these gains, chatbots don’t come without challenges, with 48% reporting customer frustration and churn due to chatbot usage.
- Voice based search usage statistics show that 62% check the time, and 74% check the weather.
- Voice search statistics worldwide show that the usage of voice assistants increased by 7% worldwide as of March 2020.
- The restrictions and lockdowns caused by the pandemic resulted in a 70% increase in the use of laptops and smartphones, which consequently affected the usage of personal voice assistants.
AI Market Statistics
- In comparison, the use of marketing automation is forecast to increase by 104 percent, and the adoption of a partner relationship management system at 95 percent.
- The global AI market is predicted to snowball in the next few years, reaching a $190.61 billion market value in 2025.
- The wearable AI market size is predicted to reach $180 billion by 2025.
- By 2030, China will be the world leader in AI technology, with 26.1% of the global market share.
- 71% of marketers find AI could be useful for personalization.
- 80% of marketers in 2020 already had chatbots as part of their customer experience strategy.
- 48% of marketing leaders agree that digital andmobiletechnologies have caused the most significant difference in how their customers and prospects interact with them.
- 48% of marketing leaders agree that digital and 51% of eCommerce players have implemented automation technologies across sales, marketing, and customer service teams to ensure a seamless user experience for customers.
- When asked which technologies most improve customer experience, 34% of sales and marketing leaders believe AI is the biggest game.
- As a part of their marketing efforts, 47% of the more advanced enterprises have applied an AI strategy to their mobile apps; additionally, 84% use a personalized strategy.
- Only 17% of email marketers planned on using artificial intelligence in 2018.
- 87% of AI adopters said that they were using, or at least considering using, AI for sales forecasts and to improve their email marketing.
- In 2019, statistics predicted the market size would grow by 154% and continue growing by at least 120% annually.
- Artificial intelligence software market growth forecast worldwide 2019.
- StatisticsDuring the forecast period of 2017 2025, the NLP market will likely grow 14x larger.
- To enjoy the artificial intelligence market’s predicted influx of $997.77 billion in 2028 and to adapt to life alongside machines, companies will need to get with the programming.
- In 2021, business analysts estimated that the Key Statistics The U.S. artificial intelligence market size value in 2020 wasSources PR Newswire, GlobeNewsWireAI Adoption.
- During the forecast period of 2017 2025, the NLP market will likely grow 14x larger.
- The AI market will grow to a $190 billion industry by 2025, according to research firm Markets and Markets.
- Global spending on cognitive and AI systems will reach $57.6 billion in 2021, according to market research firm IDC.
- 80% of sales and marketing leaders say they already usechatbot softwarein their customer experience or plan to do so by 2020.
- 80% of B2B marketing executives predict AI will revolutionize their industry by 2020.
- 64% of B2B marketers consider AI valuable for their sales and marketing strategy.
- 63% of B2B marketers are not using AI in their tech stack.
- Only 13% of B2B marketers are very confident with their knowledge of AI, while 55% are somewhat confident, and 33% are not at all confident.
- Top performing companies are more than twice as likely as their peers to be using AI for marketing (28% vs. 12%).
- 71% of B2B marketers are interested in using AI for personalization.
- 63% of B2B marketers are interested in using AI to identify trends.
- 59% of B2B marketers expect AI to help identify prospective customers.
- 53% of B2B marketers expect AI to improve marketing effectiveness in driving revenue.
- #2 61% of marketers say artificial intelligence is the most important aspect of their data strategy.
- Research from Callcredit shows that 96% of senior marketers waste an average of five hours and 36 minutes every week trying to improve their data analysis processes.
- This compares to just 10% in 2012 , revealing a new marketing channel where consumers can be reached while they’re on the road.
- 87% of current AI adopters said they were using or considering using AI for sales forecasting and for improving e.
- This number will reach 7 billion by 2020, according to IHS Markit, which shows where the latest emerging consumer market lies.
- Amazon Alexa accounted for 62% of the worldwide digital assistant market share in 2017, as per Alexa sales statistics.
- Other intelligent assistants, such as Bixby, Cortana, and Siri, were responsible for 13% of the market share.
- Also, in the same year, Amazon led the smart speaker sales with a 67% market share, which indicates that the smart speaker fever among US consumers is in full swing.
- Nevertheless, it’s still noticeably higher than Google’s expected smart speaker market share (32%).
- That said, Amazon had a market share of 36.6%, whereas Google had only 12.3% of the pie — a huge 40% drop in its smart speaker sales from 2018.
- And, as Google spiraled downwards, Chinese brands such as Alibaba and Baidu reached new highs, accounting for 13.6% and 13.1% of the market pie, respectively.
- Nevertheless, Amazon Echo Dot remained the most used smart speaker of 2018 with a 31.4% market share as revealed by smart speaker statistics.
- 71% of customers expect companies to communicate in real time, which explains the increasing popularity of using AI conversational marketing solutions to engage with customers and prospects.
- In the coming years, marketers anticipate using 50% more customer data sources than they did in 2019, which makes it even more challenging to make sense of all that information.
- A study found that AI enables marketers to increase sales (52%), increase customer retention (51%), and succeed at new product launches (49%).
- 21% of sales leaders rely on AI powered applications, and most of them share these applications with their marketing departments.
- Email marketing revenue was up 41 percent in organizations using AI.
- AI chatbots and assistants are used in sales and marketing departments in 16% of organizations.
- According to MarketsandMarkets, the global use of AI in the social media market is projected to grow from USD 0.6 billion in 2018 to USD 2.2 billion by 2023 at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 28.3% during the forecast period.
- Leading marketers are 56% more likely to strongly agree that decisions based on data are superior to those based on intuition and experience.
- Statistics on chatbot marketing show that 56% of people would rather message than call customer service.
- If you’re working in a company that has more than 250 employees, it’s less likely that your company will enjoy these benefits; mid market companies usually don’t deploy chatbots.
- The forecast for the AI market’s compound annual growth rate from 2020 to 2027 is 33.2%.
- 79% of survey respondents agree that AI adoption in marketing and sales has helped increase business revenue.
- 28% of top performing organizations use AI for marketing.
- 64% of large organizations leverage the power of AI to automate specific marketing related activities–a significant 20% increase from the previous year’s number.
- AI models that companies have adopted since the pandemic have misperformed, especially in marketing and sales (32%), product and/or service development (21%), and service operations (19%).
- Semrush reports the following AI statistics 80% of marketers in 2020 already had chatbots as part of their customer experience strategy.
- 48% of marketing leaders cite AI as making the most significant different in how customers interact with them.
- 64% of B2B marketers consider AI to be valuable in their marketing strategy.
- If you consider that 90.63% of content doesn’t get traffic from Google , you will quickly realize that SEO is essential for a successful digital marketing campaign.
- Statistics on voice search growth show that 91% of brands are heavily investing in the voice market.
- Namely, based on the latest statistics, the voice shopping market is estimated to reach $40 billion by 2022.
- According to the latest research reports, the market is estimated to reach $27.1 billion by 2026, growing at a compound annual growth rate of 16.8% from 2021 to 2026.
- Amazon Echo and Alexa dominate the US market with a stunning 70% market share.
- While the latest statistics show that the two have a combined market share of 70%, many analysts predict this trend will continue in the following year.
- Amazon has the biggest smart speaker market share with 28.3% in the Q4 of 2020.
- When it comes to Apple, the company has a market share of 7.8%, while 12.6% is reserved for other brands.
AI Sales Assistant Software Statistics
- Researchers who used AI software could detect a plagiarized source code with 87% accuracy.
- Artificial intelligence software market growth forecast worldwide 2019.
- 80% of sales and marketing leaders say they already usechatbot softwarein their customer experience or plan to do so by 2020.
- Gartner predictsAI software will reach $62 billion in 2022 alone, an increase of 21.3% from 2021.
- Sub par performance failure to adequately understand human input (47%).
AI Sales Assistant Adoption Statistics
- Statistics show that 61 percent of workers say that their adoption of AI within the workplace has led to a boost in productivity.
- In comparison, the use of marketing automation is forecast to increase by 104 percent, and the adoption of a partner relationship management system at 95 percent.
- According to AI stats in 2020, nearly 30% of AI adoption in manufacturing goes to maintenance.
- ) Forrester has forecasted a few of the major AI adoption statistics, saying that cognitive technologies like AI will also create a few jobs; however, even with that addition, automation will replace a net of 7% of US jobs by 2025.
- 76% of CEOs are most concerned with the potential for bias and lack of transparency when it comes to AI adoption.
- According to 19 percent of respondents, AI adoption decreased costs in their function by less than 10 percent, 13 percent said costs declined by between 10 and 19 percent, and two percent said costs decreased by more than 20 percent.
- Juniper Research reports that the adoption of chatbots in the retail, banking, and healthcare sectors will result in business cost savings of $11 billion annually by 2023, up from an estimated $6 billion in 2018.
- Falling behind AI adoption is one of the major concerns among 12% of CX leaders and 11% of mainstream companies in 2020.
- 79% of survey respondents agree that AI adoption in marketing and sales has helped increase business revenue.
- According to sales leaders, AI adoption in sales was expected to grow by 155% in 2020.
- We are rapidly approaching 2020—the year now infamously predicted by comScore to mark 50% voice search adoption.
AI Sales Assistant Latest Statistics
- According to a study by Gartner, 37% of businesses did so in 2019.
- In 2015, just ten percent of organizations reported that they either already used artificial intelligence technology or would be doing so in the near future.
- Fast forward to 2019 and that number rose to 37 percent, which means that more than one in three organizations are either using artificial intelligence or have plans to do so.
- This represents an impressive 270 percent growth in just four years.
- This figure is projected to reach $641.3 billion by 2028—a more than tenfold increase in just eight years and with a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 36.1 percent.
- Artificial intelligence statistics from a recent survey show that more than nine in ten.
- Not only are many businesses investing in artificial intelligence, but the survey results also show that nearly all of them are also increasing their investment.
- In fact, only 39.7 percent of them say they’re using data as an asset, and just one in five claim to have a data culture within the company.
- In fact, employees are so pleased with how AI has assisted them in their work that more than twothirds of them want more AI based technology to be introduced at the workplace.
- The latest artificial intelligence statistics show that as of 2019, 62 percent of consumers say they are willing to use AI to improve their experience.
- That’s an uptick from 59 percent in 2018.
- Just over half of them say they trust companies to use the data collected from AI in a way that’s beneficial to consumers, while only over one third say companies are transparent enough about the way they’re using AI.
- The latest statistics show that by 2021, as many as 15 percent of customer service interactions worldwide will be fully powered by AI.
- That’s a whopping 400 percent increase from as recently as 2017.
- In fact, nearly one in four of customer service organizations currently use AI.
- For instance, 71 percent of consumers expect to be able to communicate with businesses in real.
- In 2018, 21 percent of sales teams were using artificial intelligence.
- This figure is set to soar by 155 percent in two years.
- By 2020, 54 percent of them are expected to be using the technology.
- Seven out of ten high performing salesmen expect better intelligence forecasting, while 66 percent expect improved opportunity insights and better lead prioritization.
- According to the latest artificial intelligence facts and statistics, 44 percent of firms using AI report a reduction in business costs in departments where AI is implemented.
- The biggest cost savings have come from manufacturing operations 37 percent of companies saw manufacturing costs decrease by up to ten percent following AI implementation.
- This is followed by the risk and supply chain departments, both of which saw costs fall by 31 percent.
- Service operations and product and service development teams also saw substantial increases in revenue at 31 percent.
- It also marks an increase of 4.75 billion from the 3.25 billion digital voice assistants worldwide in 2019, and a whopping 146 percent increase in just four years.
- It’s estimated that in the United States alone, there are over 110 million users of virtual assistants, with devices like smartphones and smart speakers proving to be particularly popular.
- As it stands, 43 percent of owners of voice assisted devices aged between 45 and 60 in the US currently use it to purchase items online.
- More than three out of four companies say that it is important that results obtained from AI are “fair, safe, and reliable”.
- Even more of them place emphasis on understanding its algorithm—that is, they want to understand how the technology arrived at its conclusion and be able to explain it.
- The number of businesses adopting artificial intelligence grew by 270 percent in four years.
- 91 percent of leading businesses have ongoing investments in artificial intelligence.
- 61 percent of employees say AI helps to improve their work productivity.
- 62 percent of consumers are willing to submit data to AI to have better experiences with businesses.
- 15 percent of all customer service interactions globally are expected to be fully powered by AI by 2021.
- 44 percent of organizations have reported cost savings as a result of AI implementation.
- The number of AI powered voice assistants is forecast to reach 8 billion by 2023—a 146 percent increase from 2019’s 3.25 billion.
- The forecasted AI annual growth rate between 2020 and 2027 is 33.2%.
- By 2030, AI will lead to an estimated $15.7 trillion, or 26% increase in global GDP.
- The $15.7 trillion GDP estimated by 2030 will likely come from increased profitability (40%) and consumption (60%).
- A whopping 93% of automation technologists feel little prepared for upcoming challenges regarding smart machine technologies.
- The top three most significant challenges companies face when considering the implementation of AI are staff skills (56%), the fear of the unknown (42%), and finding a starting point (26%).
- 20% of businesses say automating tasks such as invoicing and contract validation is the second most crucial use of AI.
- 80% of retail executives expect their retail companies to adopt AI powered intelligent automation by 2027.
- Only 7% of companies don’t use AI but are looking into it.
- 86% of CEOs say AI is mainstream technology in their office in 2021.
- 48% of companies use data analysis, machine learning, or AI tools to address data quality issues.
- In 2020, 39% of large organizations planned to invest in AI technology.
- 75% of executives fear going out of business within five years if they don’t scale AI.
- Marketing and sales departments prioritize AI technology and machine learning for their success more than any other department (40%).
- 54% of executives say that implementing AI in their workplace has increased productivity.
- 79% of executives think AI will make their jobs simple and more efficient.
- The supply chain management industry saw the most considerable cost decrease (44%).
- In 2019, nearly 40% of the U.S. population used voice search.
- Also, in 2019, 45% of households in the U.S. owned a smart speaker, and 26% were planning to purchase one soon.
- 52% of people are confident that cyber security is not a threat when sharing personal information online because of robust AI technologies.
- 38% of people expect technology to eliminate jobs at their workplace over the next three years, while 13% expect automation to eliminate a significant number of positions.
- It’s forecasted that there will be a total workforce reduction of 16% in the U.S. by 2030 due to arising AI technology.
- 63% of CEOs predict that AI will positively impact job openings as the internet did when it first became available.
- In 2020, it was predicted that AI would eliminate 1.8 million jobs and create 2.3 million new jobs.
- 43% of manufacturers have added data scientists/data quality analysts in their workforces, and 35% want to do the same within five years.
- 40% of businesses say that customer experience is their top motivator for using artificial intelligence.
- In 2020,chatbotsresponded to 85% of customer service interactions.
- In 2020, Only 27% of consumers think that AI can deliver equal or better customer service than humans.
- On the other hand, 43% of people think AI will harm customer satisfaction and cause more complaints.
- 16% of European countries think automation through AI, and other technologies can help reduce the impact of COVID.
- Out of the 147 predictions Kurzweil made, 87% were correct to the year.
- AI can increase business productivity by 40%.
- Already 77% of the devices we use feature one form of AI or another.
- AI technology can enhance business productivity by up to 40%.
- AI will enable people to use their time efficiently, which will increase their productivity by 40%.
- Businesses with more than 100,000 employees are more likely to have a strategy that implements AI.
- 47% of established organizations have a defined AI strategy for mobile.
- 41% of consumers believe artificial intelligence will improve their lives in some way.
- Only 33% of consumers think they’re already using AI platforms.
- This is one of the more interesting AI facts; only 33% think that they use technology that features artificial intelligence.
- In reality, 77% use an AI.
- 84% of global business organizations believe that AI will give them a competitive advantage.
- 84% of business organizations will adopt AI because it gives them a competitive advantage over their rivals.
- That is the conclusion, according to a 2017 artificial intelligence Statista study.
- 17% of in company respondents and 21% of agencies planned to innovate with AI in 2018.
- 97% of mobile users are already using AI.
- According to a study by IDAP, only 2% of iPhone owners have never used Siri, and only 4% of Android owners have never leveraged the power of OK Google.
- 40% of people use the voice search function at least once every day.
- 30% of web browsing and searches were done without a screen by the end of 2020.
- A 2017 Pew Research study showed that 46% of Americans use digital assistants to interact with their smartphones.
- Voice assistants are present on a diverse range of devices, so 42% of users have the tech on their smartphones, 14% of them use it on a computer or tablet, while 8% of them use it on a standalone device such as Amazon Echo or Google Home.
- Google’s Machine Learning Program is 89% accurate.
- With 89% accuracy, Google’s deep learning program is 15% more effective than pathologists.
- Customers will give up on a search after 90 seconds, according to research conducted by Netflix, supported by other artificial intelligence statistics from 2017.
- 36% of executives say that their primary goal for incorporating AI is to optimize internal business operations.
- 20% of C suite uses machine learning.
- A paper by McKinsey shows that 20% of C level executives across ten countries consider machine learning to be a core part of their business.
- Intelligent robots could replace 30% of the human workforce globally by 2030.
- According to AI technology statistics, robotics could replace about 800 million jobs, making about 30% of occupations extinct.
- 52% of experts believe that as much as automation will displace people from their careers, they will still innovate more jobs.
- About 250 million cars were predicted to have an Internet connection by the end of 2020.
- Experts predicted that internet enabled vehicles will reach 250 million by the end of 2020.
- Machine and asset maintenance in manufacturing takes 29% of AI automation.
- AI implementation in consumer packaged goods has led to a 20% reduction in forecast errors.
- 70% of manufacturers still haven’t adopted digital operating systems.
- However, 30% of companies using this digital innovation say that it has generated value in terms of relationships between customers and suppliers.
- Automation could free up 10% of nursing activities by 2030.
- AI in medicine statistics show that humans will still do 90% of nursing activities by 2030.
- In 2021, 73% of retailers planned to introduce AI to optimize their pricing.
- 75% of companies plan to use AI systems to eliminate fraud.
- Money lost to fraudsters was predicted to reach $35 billion by 2020.
- AI will grow at a CAGR of 35.9% by 2025.
- With machine learning, Amazon reduced its “click to ship” time to 15 minutes, a 225% decrease.
- With Kiva, the average clickto ship time is 15 minutes, which is a 225% improvement from where it was.
- Statista conducted an online survey of 1,028 respondents in 2017 and found that 61% of them were planning to use AI for sales forecasting.
- 85% of customers’ relationships with business enterprises will be managed without human involvement.
- 67% of people expect to use messaging apps to talk to a business, which makes chatbots quite significant.
- 38% of consumers on a global level prefer to use chatbots.
- A survey of 5,000 consumers across six countries found that 38% rated their overall perception of chatbots as positive.
- 11% had a negative perception, while 51% gave a neutral statement.
- Forecasts predicted that drivers of AI, such as Natural Language Processing , computer vision, and machine learning, to reach nearly $23 billion in growth by Q4 of 2020.
- According to AI growth statistics, the industry will grow from $5 billion in 2015 to about $125 billion in 2025.
- AI will contribute to 26% of China’s Gross Domestic Product in 2030.
- The technology contribution to other global economies will be North America 14.5%, followed closely by the United Arab Emirates with 13.5%.
- 27% of executives say that their organization plans to invest in AI cybersecurity safeguards.
- 40% of digital transformations and 100% of initiatives based on the internet of things will be supported by AI.
- 72% of execs believe that AI will be the most significant business advantage of the future.
- AI will increase labor productivity and optimize business efficiency by 67%, automate communication by 70%, and improve data analytics by 59%, according to AI predictions 46.
- AI will automate 16% of American jobs.
- Machine learning is predicted to grow by 48% in the automotive industry.
- With this, the compound annual growth could increase by 48.3%.
- 15% of enterprises are using AI, and 31% of them say that it is their agenda for the next 12 months.
- So by 2020, according to these AI stats, there are chances that the brands offering a customer centric experience will see more success, revenue, and profit.
- AI statistics predicted financial services companies to spend $11 billion on artificial intelligence in 2020.
- Unsurprisingly, 57% expect to miss their quotas this year.
- Of the remaining teams, 34% supplement predictions based on intuition with data.
- Only 16% rely on gut feeling alone.
- Conversely, underperforming sales teams are 1.7 times more likely to forecast on intuition.
- This is despite 85% of those who do saying it makes them more effective in their job.
- And it’s paying off, with high performing teams between 2.3 times and 2.7 times more likely than their underperforming peers to have hired more inside sales staff.
- Currently, only 49% of businesses say they have fully integrated systems.
- High performing sales teams are 2.1 times more likely than underperformers to have these systems in place.
- Only 17% of sales teams rate their single view of customer capabilities as outstanding.
- It’s estimated that U.S. companies spend more than $70 billion annually on sales training.
- Over the next three years, sales teams at all performance levels anticipate that guided selling and coaching capabilities will grow by 98%.
- You can expect global artificial intelligence to expand at a CAGR of 40.2% from 2021 to 2028.seems like it won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
- Statista, Statista, We ForumHow Businesses Adopt Artificial IntelligenceAI Adoption in BusinessA whopping 83% of companies share that using AI in their business strategies is a top priority.
- estate1.70%28.20%Water, sewage and waste management0.60%62.60%Agriculture, forestry and fishing1.10%18.70%Electricity and gas supply0.40%31.80%Mining.
- experience57%34%Retaining customers31%29%Interacting with customers48%28%Recommender systems27%27%Detecting fraud46%27%Reducing customer.
- churn22%26%Acquiring new customers34%26%Increasing customer loyalty40%20%Increasing long term customer engagement44%19%Building brand awareness31%14%Other1%15%Key Statistics.
- A whopping 83% of companies share that using AI in their business strategies is a top priority.
- Tech companies investing in AI Share of questions answered correctly by selected digital assistants as of 2019, by category Type of questionGoogle AssistantSiriAlexaLocal93%89%85%Commerce92%68%71%Navigation98%86%72%Information96%76%93%Command86%93%69%.
- Employment shares and the estimated proportion of jobs at potential high risk of automation by early 2030s for all UK industry sectors IndustryEmployment share of total jobs (%).
- churn22%26%Acquiring new customers34%26%Increasing customer loyalty40%20%Increasing long term customer engagement44%19%Building brand.
- 26% 40% 20% 44% 19% 31% 14% 1% 15%.
- According to Google Trends, interest in chatbots has increased almost 5 times over the period of 10 years.
- Prevalence of chatbots ~50% of large companies are considering more investment in chatbots.
- In most surveys, at least 30% of consumers are enthusiastic about chatbots.
- This is likely to be driven by desire for 24/7 service and the user experience can be improved by providing an option to transfer to a live agent.
- 54% of customers report companies need to transform how they engage with them.
- Positive feedbacks from customers 61% of respondents said that they accept chatbots to answer their questions as long as the answers are correct and 2% even prefer chatbots to live agents.
- 27% of consumers weren’t sure if the last customer support interaction they had was with a real person or a chatbot .
- When how they would rate their experiences with intelligent assistant or chatbot technology was asked to customers by Aspect , the results were Friendliness (65%).
- Uncertain exposure to a new privacy, security, legal, regulatory frontier (45%) Shortage of skilled developers (44%).
- ( NMSC Chatbots will be able to reach 90% success rate in customer interactions by 2022.
- ( The Financial Brand 43% of digital banking users in the US prefer to use a live chat or chatbot to address issues.
- 58% of candidates were comfortable interacting with AI and recruitment chatbots in the early stages of the application process.
- 66% – were comfortable with AI and chatbots taking care of interview scheduling and preparation.
- AIMultiple informs ~1M businesses including 55% of Fortune 500 every month.
- Only 23% of businesses have incorporated AI into processes and product/service offerings today.
- The largest companies are the most likely to have an AI strategy, but only half have one.
- 47% of digitally mature organizations say they have a defined AI strategy.
- 63% of businesses say pressure to reduce costs will require them to use AI.
- 54% of executives say AI solutions implemented in their businesses have already increased productivity.
- 61% of business executives with an innovation strategy say they are using AI to identify opportunities in data that would otherwise be missed.
- 83% of businesses say AI is a strategic priority for their businesses today.
- 61% of business professionals point to machine learning and AI as their company’s most significant data initiative for next year.
- 27% of executives say their organization plans to invest this year in cybersecurity safeguards that use AI and machine learning.
- 95% of business execs who indicated that they are skilled at using big data to solve business problems or generate insights also use AI technologies.
- IDC predicts 40% of digital transformation initiatives will use AI services by 2019.
- IDC forecasts 90% of new enterprise apps will use AI by 2025.
- PwC predicts up to 38% of U.S. jobs could be at high risk of automation by the early 2030s, higher than Germany (35%), the UK (30%) and Japan (21%).
- Forrester predicts cognitive technologies such as robots, AI, machine learning, and automation will replace 16% of U.S. jobs by 2025.
- Forrester predicts cognitive technologies such as robots, AI, machine learning, and automation will create 9% of new U.S. jobs by 2025.
- The impact of AI technologies on business will boost labor productivity by up to 40%, according to Accenture.
- 84% of businesses say AI will enable them to obtain or sustain a competitive advantage.
- 75% of businesses say AI will allow them to move into new businesses and ventures.
- 80% of business and tech leaders say AI boosts productivity and creates jobs.
- 72% of business decision makers say AI can enable humans to concentrate on meaningful work.
- 51% of executives say their primary goal for AI is to enhance the features, functions, and performance of their products.
- 36% of executives say their primary goal for AI is to optimize internal business operations.
- 36% of executives say their primary goal for AI is to free up workers to be more creative by automating tasks.
- 79% of executives worldwide say artificial intelligence will make their job easier and more efficient.
- 59% of executives say big data at their company would be improved through the use of AI.
- 77% of CEOs say AI and automation will increase vulnerability and disruption to the way they do business.
- Gartner predicts that through 2022, 85% of AI projects will deliver erroneous outcomes due to bias in data, algorithms, or the teams responsible for managing them.
- 47% of executives say an obstacle to AI initiatives is that it’s hard to integrate cognitive projects with existing processes and systems.
- 40% of executives say an obstacle to AI initiatives is that technologies and expertise are too expensive.
- 37% of executives say an obstacle to AI initiatives is that managers don’t understand cognitive technologies and how they work.
- 93% of automation technologists feel unprepared or only partially prepared to tackle the challenges associated with smart machine technologies.
- 72% of businesses in the technology, media, and telecommunications industry expect AI to have a significant impact on product offerings in the next five years.
- Juniper predicts the success rate of bot interactions in the healthcare sector will move to over 75% in 2022.
- In the banking sector, Juniper forecasts the success rate of bot interactions to reach over 90% in 2022.
- Gartner predicts data gathered from users in cloud based neural networks will power 40% of mobile interactions between virtual personal assistants and people by 2020.
- 46% of U.S. adults use digital voice assistants to interact with smartphones and other devices, according to Pew Research Center.
- 55% of U.S. adults use digital voice assistants to interact with devices without using their hands.
- 72% of business execs say they use digital assistants to help make their lives easier.
- Gartner predicts that by 2020, 30% of all B2B companies will employ AI to augment at least one of their primary sales processes.
- A Harvard Business Review study found that companies using AI for sales were able to increase their leads by more than 50%, reduce call time by 6070%, and realize cost reductions of 40.
- Marketers say the top obstacle to integrating AI is applying it in their current role and workflow (33%).
- Marketers say the top success story they are seeing with AI is getting a better understanding of the customer (31%).
- Servion Global Solutions predicts AI will power 95% of all customer interactions by 2025, including live telephone and online conversations.
- Gartner predicts that by 2020, customers will manage 85% of their relationship with the enterprise without interacting with a human.
- 78% of brands say they have already implemented or are planning to implement artificial intelligence and virtual reality by 2020 to better serve customers.
- Only 27% of global consumers say AI can deliver the same or better service than humans.
- However, 38% say AI will soon improve customer service.
- 73% of global consumers say they are open to businesses using AI if it makes life easier.
- 43% of millennials would pay a premium for a hybrid human bot customer service channel.
- By automating the non selling activities that don’t produce revenue, sales reps are empowered to spend 95%+ of their time on the selling activities that do produce revenue.
- #3 80% of business and tech leaders say AI already boosts productivity Source.
- According to Creative Strategies, only 2% of iPhone users have never used Siri and just 4% of Android users have never used Google Assistant.
- By 2020, 30% of companies worldwide will be using AI in at least one of their sales processes.
- #18 20% of the CSuite is already using machine learning #19 The three most in demand skills on Monster.com are machine learning , deep learning and natural language processing.
- According to Salesforce’s 2016 Connected Customer report, companies will need accurate prediction models to anticipate the needs of buyers – or risk losing them to another brand.
- #22 Business execs are turning to AI to cut out repetitive tasks such as paperwork (82%), scheduling (79%) and timesheets (78%).
- #24 61% of companies with an innovation strategy are using AI to identify new opportunities Source.
- According to Pega, only 33% of consumers think they’re using AI powered technology while 77% are already using AI platforms.
- With machine learning, Amazon has reduced the time between users clicking the buy button and their items being shipped to just 15 minutes on average – a 225% reduction, according to Wolfstat.
- By 2019, 40% of digital transformation initiatives – and 100% of IoT initiatives – will be supported by AI capabilities Source.
- According to Statista, 61% of companies using AI are already using the technology – or plan to use it – for sales forecasting.
- #36 80% of businesses plan to adopt AI as a customer service solution by 2020.
- #46 45% of end users prefer chatbots as the primary mode of communication for customer service inquiries.
- Only 20% of executives feel their data science teams are ready for AI, while 19% have no data science team at all.
- This 33% statistic has doubled since 2018, when only 16% of American consumers were concerned about privacy from smart speakers, and increased from 23% in 2019.
- Of course, Google Assistant had its own slice of the pie with 25%.
- Despite the growing popularity of Alexa worldwide, Google is expected to lead the pack with 43%.
- Owners of smart speakers saw a 40% increase during 2018, as revealed by smart speaker statistics.
- To be specific, almost 70% of US smart speaker owners will use an Echo this year and will practically live with Alexa.
- The number is expected to drop to 68.2% by 2021.
- According to Amazon Alexa statistics, 2018 was indeed a busy year for Alexa.
- As of February 2018, 24% of Americans aged 18–29 years own an Amazon Echo smart speaker, whereas only 10% of total device owners are 55to 64year.
- The percentage just gets bigger when you look at the overall smart speaker ownership rate for the 18–29 age group.
- At the beginning of 2019, 34% of 18to 29year olds owned a smart speaker.
- A 2018 survey conducted on over a thousand of Alexa and Google Home users in the US revealed that only 53% of women use their smart devices multiple times a day.
- Men showed more behavioral changes as 65% of them admitted that the devices changed their daily routines.
- Moreover, 33% of these male users said that smart devices changed their behavior “a lot.”.
- 34% of Americans who earn $75,000 or more each year reported that they have a smart speaker at home.
- This number drops to 15% when you look at the ownership rate among those with an annual household income below $30,000.
- According to Gartner, 63% of Digital Marketing leaders are struggling with personalization, yet only 17% implement AI or machine learning across their department.
- 47% of B2C consumers say brands could better align their engagement activities with their preferences and 56% of consumers expect each interaction with a brand or vendor to be tailored.
- Some respondents ascribe 20 percent or more of their organizations’ earnings before interest and taxes to artificial intelligence.
- Ten percent said their revenue increased by more than ten percent, 26 percent said it increased by six to ten percent, and 43 percent said it increased by less than five percent.
- Gartner forecasts that 30% of all B2B companies will use AI for at least one of their primary sales processes by 2020.
- Over the next two years, sales leaders anticipate their use of AI to increase by 155%.Sales leaders predicted AI to become mainstream by 2020 and 54% saw themselves adopting these technologies.
- According to the Email Marketing and Marketing Automation Excellence 2018 report prepared by Smart Insights and Get response, this could be the result of digital skills in this area.
- Marketing automation is used by 53% of B2B organizations today, and 37% plan to implement it, according to the eConsultancy report.
- According to Forrester, 70% of enterprises expect to implement artificial intelligence in the next 12 months.
- 56% of companies say conversational bots are driving disruption in their industry, and 43% say their competitors are already using the technology.
- It is projected that 75 90% of queries will be handled by bots by 2022.
- According to Allegis 2017 survey, 58% of candidates expressed comfort with interacting with AI and recruitment chatbots during the early stages of the application process.
- 60 % were comfortable with chatbots or AI being used to schedule interviews.
- In retail, 34% of customers would be comfortable interacting with a chatbot instead of contacting live support.
- When business executives were asked what AI powered solutions they saw having the most impact on their business, virtual assistants (31%), analytics (29%) and automated communications like emails and chatbots (28%).
- Chatbots are used in 53% of companies’ IT departments, 23% in their administrative departments, and 20% in their customer service departments.
- 48% of sales people never follow up with a prospect.
- 25% of sales people make a second contact and stop.
- 12% of sales people only make three contacts and stop only 10% of sales people make more than three contacts.
- 2% of sales are made on the first contact.
- 3% of sales are made on the second contact.
- 5% of sales are made on the third contact 10% of sales are made on the fourth contact.
- 80% of sales are made on the fifth to twelth contactsource.
- Business authors Chip Heath and Dan Heath provide this interesting statistic that all salespeople should note 63% of listeners remember stories while 5% remember statistics.
- According to Impact Communications, 70% of people make purchasing decisions to solve problems while 30% make purchasing decisions to gain something.
- In a recent study, over 55% of sales reps said that budget was among the top reasons why stronger opportunities in sales fall apart.
- According to Sales Insights, almost 60% of sales reps report asking for barely one referral each month.
- Experts predict 90% of customer interaction in banks will be automated by 2022.
- Customers like chatbots; more than half of internet users are satisfied with them and around 60% of millennials already use them regularly to purchase basic goods.
- Chatbots can cut operational costs by up to 30%.
- 85% of customer interaction will be handled without human agents by 2021.
- 50% of businesses plan to spend more on chatbots than on mobile apps.
- 64% of internet users say 24 hour service is the best feature of chatbots.
- 37% of people use a customer service bot to get a quick answer in an emergency.
- Today, 27% of consumers are interested in artificial intelligence support tools.
- Chatbots can answer 80% of standard questions.
- In 2017, 34% of consumers preferred to communicate with artificial intelligence in an online retail situation.
- 67% of customers used chatbots in the past year.
- As many as 64% of internet users see roundthe clock support as the biggest benefit, according to the newest chatbot industry statistics provided by Drift.
- 37% of people use a customer service bot to get a quick answer in emergencies.
- Among customers who use chatbots, 37% use them for getting answers in case of an emergency.
- It’s also interesting to note that 35% use chatbots to resolve problem and the same percentage do so to get detailed answers or explanations.
- 55% of people who use chatbots would expect them to provide instant responses and answers to simple questions.
- As we’d expect, the US is home to the largest portion of the world’s chatbot users (36%), followed by India (11%).
- Germany came in third place (4%).
- The United Kingdom (3%) and Brazil (2%).
- It’s estimated that nearly a quarter of the world’s population was using chatbots by the end of 2019.
- More than 28% of real estate business now use chatbots.
- Interest in chatbots increased by 160% in 2018.
- 53% of service organizations are going to use chatbots within the next 18 months.
- A growth rate of 136% was predicted for 2019, proving that chatbots will have an even bigger role in the near future.
- Consumers have certain expectations when it comes to AI, but according to the latest research, most say chatbots have positively affected their user experience 46% of users would prefer to communicate with a live person instead of chatbot.
- However, 40% of consumers are fine with both; they don’t care if they get help from a real human or chatbot, as long as they get help, according to HubSpot chatbot statistics.
- 64% of agents who use chatbots are free to spend their time solving more difficult and complex problems.
- With the help of AI chatbots, 64% of agents can work on resolving complex problems.
- In comparison, only 50% of agents without chatbots have the same luxury.
- 16% of Americans have used channels like Alexa or Google Home chatbot for shopping.
- After all, nearly 16% of Americans own smart speakers.
- Chatbot customer service trends for next year predict that around 15% of people will use Amazon Alexa, while 16% plan to use some other type of voice.
- With the assistance of chatbots, this expense could be reduced by 30%.
- Bank systems will automate up to 90% of customer interactions using chatbots by 2022.
- Almost 40% of major companies with more than 500 people are going to implement at least one intelligent assistant or AI based chat robot in 2019.
- By the end of 2020, 80% of entrepreneurs will use chatbots.
- 85% of customer interactions will be handled without human agents by 2021.
- Chatbot statistics in this Gartner report predict that 85% of customer interactions will be managed without humans by 2021.
- According to Juniper’s research, the introduction of chatbots will save 2.5 billion customer service hours over the coming years.
- The customer service cost reduction across the retail, banking, and healthcare sectors is estimated to amount to $11 billion annually by 2023.
- It seems nearly 40% of companies that have between one and 10 employees use chatbots, making them the most.
- Only 0.5% of B2B companies use chatbots.
- As many as 99.5% of these companies didn’t deploy chatbots in 2018.
- Approximately 40% of people of all ages prefer to use chatbots when shopping online.
- Of shoppers aged 3044, 49.30% say they prefer using chatbots as their communication channel when shopping online, and around 44% of shoppers aged 45 60 use the same channel.
- More than half of millennials tried out chatbots in 2018, according to chatbot use statistics by Forbes.
- Around 61% of baby boomers expect an instant response from chatbots.
- 27% of adults in America have used chatbots for shopping at least once in their life.
- What’s more, nearly 13% of shoppers are now buying more expensive items using chatbots.
- 48.78% of female shoppers like chatbots and use them as a channel of communication when buying online.
- Nearly 50% of female shoppers like to use chatbots while shopping, while only 36.81% of men do the same.
- According to chatbot engagement statistics, 41.67% of men prefer using email over chatbots when purchasing online.
- 47.92% of men use chatbots if they can’t find answers to simple questions.
- 63% of consumers think businesses should be on Messenger.
- According to Messenger chatbot statistics, the number of chatbots increased in 2018 by 100,000 users.
- In its first six months, BlueBot helped more than 500,000 customers, according to Facebook messenger bot stats.
- This represents a 26% increase in global GDP for the same period.
- The retail industry is expected to experience significant growth, with 80% of business executives claiming that their businesses will adopt AI technology between 2020 to 2027.
- 55% – users who cite hands free device interaction as the main reason for using voice assistants.
- 22% – users who say they prefer to speak to voice assistants than type.
- 26% – users who say they use voice assistants as a way to remotely connect with other systems.
- 39% – users who say voice assistants respond to their commands accurately.
- 75% – senior IT executives from different countries who agree that adopted AI technology will enhance network security.
- 52% of executives say AI tools have boosted productivity.
- 48% of respondents handle data quality issues by using data analysis, machine learning, or AI tools.
- 25% of business executives state that adopting AI technology has fully enabled their business processes.
- 50% of business executives said that using AI has helped them achieve their cost savings goal.
- 53% of businesses have innovated their products and services using AI technology.
- 54% of company executives agree that AI plays a significant role in improving the decision.
- 67% of US based companies agree that adopting AI technology has helped them create better customer experiences.
- 86% of executives claim that AI is going to be a “mainstream technology” at their companies in 2021.
- 39% of large organizations planned to invest in AI and/or machine learning tools in 2020 compared to 28% of mainstream companies.
- 39% of large organizations planned to invest in AI and machine learning in 2020 compared to 26% of mainstream organizations and 28% of CX leaders.
- AI based strategies have helped enterprises generate at least 20% Earnings Before Interest and Taxes or EBIT.
- 10% of US jobs can be lost from the use of automation.
- 40% of SMBs have not invested in any emerging tactics to advance their digital transformation.
- 28% of mainstream organizations and 25% of CX leaders planned to prioritize targeting and personalization in 2020.
- 29% of large organizations utilize AI and bots to drive campaigns and experiences; meanwhile, only 12% of SMBs do the same.
- 27% of consumers around the world say AI can deliver better customer service than human agents.
- 73% of global consumers are open to the use of AI by businesses, provided they make life easier.
- 38% of consumers say AI will boost customer service.
- 95% of customer service interactions will be powered by AI by 2025.
- 72% of decision makers say AI will be the business advantage of the future.
- 51% of executives say their AI goal is to enhance the functions, features, and performance of their products.
- 63% of global consumers believe that AI can help resolve complex problems in modern society.
- 59% of executives say AI can improve big data use in their organizations.
- Using AI in personalizing and segmenting customer communications helps increases click through rates by 14% on average.
- 16% of CX leaders are reluctant to migrate to cloud based services–the same thing goes for 15% of large organizations and 14% of SMBs.
- 4% of businesses are held back from adopting AI technology by legal concerns, risks, or compliance issues.
- 47% of SMBs and large organizations agree that an inadequate budget is a major obstacle in adopting digitization; 30% of CX leaders think the same.
- 46% of respondents feel threatened AI potentially causing disruption in their business operations.
- 23% of businesses do not recognize the need for AI.
- 18% of respondents believe that the lack of skilled individuals holds companies back from adopting AI.
- 8% of businesses cite technical infrastructure challenges as one of the main reasons behind not adopting AI technology, Source.
- 50% of global employees will need reskilling by 2030.
- 16% of US jobs may be replaced by technologies like machine learning, AI, robots, and automation by 2025.
- 36 million Americans whose jobs have high exposure to automation can have 70% of their tasks done by robots by 2030.
- 61% of high performing companies have increased their investment in AI and machine learning technology.
- AI will power 95% of customer interactions by 2025.
- 86% of CEOs report that AI is considered mainstream technology in their office as of 2021.
- 91.5% of leading businesses invest in AI on an ongoing basis.
- Gartner also tells usthat customer satisfaction is expected to grow by 25% by 2023 in organization that use AI.
- Forbes reports that 50% of enterprises plan to spend more on AI and machine learning in 2021 and 20% report significant increases to their budgets.
- According to Tech Jury 40% of adults use voice assistants to search on a daily basis.
- 50% of all searches were the result of a voice search in 2020.
- 43% choose digital voice assistants because they are faster than type search.
- Forbes tells us that 76% of enterprises surveyed in Algorithmia’s 2021 report plan to prioritize AI and machine learning initiatives over other IT goals in 2021.
- 83% of organizations have increased their AI and machine learning budgets YOY since 2019.
- Semrush revealed that 38% of employees expect their job to be automated by 2023.
- 13% expect AI to eliminate positions entirely in their industry.
- They show the following Other 22% Technology 17% Financial Services 15% Healthcare 9% Education 8% Government/Public Sector 6% Telecomm 5% Manufacturing.
- 4% Retail 4% Media 3% Energy 3% Defense/Security 3%.
- AI spend in the retail industry is expected to reach $20.05 billion by 2026, a compounded annual growth rate of 39% since 2019.
- 80% of retail executives expect their companies to adopt AI powered intelligent automation by 2027.
- Juniper Researchreports a growth of 230% in machine learning spending between 2019 and 2023.
- Asurvey by Forresterrevealed that 89% found chatbots to be useful or very useful for personalizing customer interactions.
- 63% preferred to speak with a chatbot over a human,according to G2 Crowd.
- 47% finding that significant IT involvement is needed to personalize experiences with chatbots.
- According to Semrush, the forecasted annual growth rate of AI between 2020 and 2027 is 33.2%.
- Gartner predicts that 50% of knowledge workers will use a virtual assistant by 2025.
- 40% of businesses say that customer experience is their top motivator for using artificial intelligence.
- 85% of customer service interactions were responded to by chatbots.
- 51% of ecommerce companies use AI to provide a seamless experience.
- 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020, per comScore.
- About 30% of all searches will be done without a screen by 2020, per Gartner.
- 13% of all households in the United States owned a smart speaker in 2017, per OC&C Strategy Consultants.
- That number is predicted to rise to 55% by 2022.
- There will be an estimated 21.4 million smart speakers in the US by 2020, per Activate.
- Oneinsix Americans (16%).
- As of January 2018, there were an estimated one billion voice searches per month, per Alpine.
- 52% of people keep their voice activated speakers in their living rooms, per Google.
- 25% keep them in their bedrooms, while 22% keep them in their kitchens.
- 35.6 million Americans used a voiceactivated assistant device at least once a month in 2017, per eMarketer—a yearover year increase of 128.9 percent.
- 72% of people who own voice activated speakers say that their devices are used as part of their daily routines, per Google.
- Mobile voicerelated searches are 3X more likely to be localbased than text related searches, per Search Engine Watch.
- 65 percent of people who own an Amazon Echo or Google Home can’t imagine to going back to the days before they had a smart speaker, per GeoMarketing.
- 41% of people who own a voice activated speaker say it feels like talking to a friend or another person, per Google.
- 35.8% of millennials use voice enabled digital assistants at least once a month, per eMarketer; this compared to just 10.1% of baby boomers.
- The number of millennials who use voice enabled digital assistants will climb to 39.3% in 2019, per eMarketer.
- 25% of individuals ages 16 24 use voice search on mobile, per Global Web Index.
- Individuals ages 26 35 represent the highest percentage of smart home device owners, per Walker Sands.
- 70.6% of Americans who used a voice enabled speaker at least once a month in 2017 used an Amazon Echo, per eMarketer.
- Voice search accounts for 25% of searches conducted on Windows 10 taskbar, per Purna Virji of Microsoft.
- Amazon and Google account for 94% of all smart speakers in use, per Strategy Analytics.
- 82 percent of Amazon Echo smart speaker owners subscribe to Amazon Prime, per GeoMarketing.
- While the Apple HomePod understands 99.4 percent of all queries, it only answers 52.3 percent correctly, putting it behind Amazon Echo (64%), Google Home (81%), and Harman Kardon Invoke (57%).
- They’re predicted to reach $40 billion by 2022.
- 22% of U.S. smart speaker owners have purchased something using their devices, per Edison Research.
- 5% of consumers use voice shopping, but that number could reach 50% by 2022, per MoffettNathanson.
- Grocery shopping accounted for 20% of voice shopping in 2017, per OC&C Strategy Consultants.
- This compared to clothes shopping, which accounted for just 8%.
- 52% of voice activated speaker owners would like to receive information about deals, sales, and promotions from brands, per Google.
- 39% would like to receive options to find business information.
- One in five consumers (19%).
- Siri and Google Assistant are the most popular digital assistants, with 36% of users each.
- 68% of voice assistants users agree personal assistants make their lives easier.
- Around 46% of voice search users search for local businesses each day.
- 24% of Americans aged 18–29 own a smart speaker.
- Around 63% of US adults use a voice.
- Of that number, 53% use a voice assistant on their phone, 24% on a TV or TV remote, 23% in a car, and only 9% on a household appliance.
- Interestingly, only 21% of those who use a personal assistant use it on their computer.
- Only 51% of smartphone voice users make a voice request for their devices to play music.
- Mobile voice search statistics reveal that 40% of smartphone voice users check the time at least once a week, and 21% use voice commands to receive reminders.
- Additionally, 58% of them check the weather, 47% set the alarm, and 46% use a personal voice assistant to make a phone call.
- 56% of people who use a voice assistant keep the assistant turned on all the time.
- In fact, the latest voice technology trends show that 46% of smart speaker owners have used a voice operated personal assistant on their smartphone a lot more since they got a smart speaker.
- 62% of smartphone users in the US use their voice assistants when driving.
- Additionally, 38% of smartphone owners use a voice assistant when relaxing at home, 26% when doing chores around the house, and 24% use it while cooking to find recipes.
- Namely, even though 94% of users claim that technology is easy to use and improves the quality of life, 49% of respondents say they often don’t know where to begin accomplishing a task.
- According to Statista, the latest research projects that there will be 8.4 billion voice operated devices in use by 2024.
- Voice assistant statistics for 2021 show that Siri and Google Assistant are both used by 36% of the participants in a Microsoft survey.
- In addition, other popular digital assistants include Amazon Alexa with 25% and Microsoft Cortana with 19% of users, while only 1% of respondents reported using other digital assistants.
- 24% of adult Americans own a smart speaker.
- According to the latest voice search statistics for 2021, this percentage equals around 60 million people.
- Of that number, 47% of Americans use one speaker, 24% own two, and 29% have three or more smart speakers.
- 66% of surveyed smart speaker nonowners are bothered that voice enabled smart speakers are always listening.
- Additionally, 65% of survey participants say that they don’t own a smart speaker because they are worried hackers may use the devices to access their personal information.
- At the same time, voice search trends for 2021 show that 58% don’t trust the companies that make smart speakers to keep their information secure, while 46% worry that the government may use smart speakers to listen to their private conversations.
- In a typical week, 85% of smart speaker owners ask their devices to play music for them.
- Additionally, 42% of surveyed participants ask the device to receive a reminder at least once a week, while 32% use their smart speakers to make a phone call.
- Lastly, 65% of survey participants use their smart speakers to set the alarm.
- In other words, 34.4% of the adult US population owns a smart speaker.
- The latest statistics show that this presents a 32% increase compared to January 2019.
- Moreover, it’s also an 85% increase compared to January 2018.
- UK voice search statistics for 2021 shows at least 10% of UK homes have a smart speaker.
- Even though 44% of smart speaker owners in the UK have used their devices to make a purchase at least once, only 16% of them use smart speakers regularly for online shopping.
- It’s followed by Google with 22.6%, Baidu with 11.3%, Alibaba with 10.8%, and Xiaomi with 6.5%.
- Approximately 25.9% of Australian households have a smart home.
- Furthermore, since the country follows the modern day voice trends, the newest voice statistics for Australia reveal that approximately 57% of Australians use voice search.
- 68% of users think that voice operated personal assistants have made their life easier.
- Not only that, but 65% of surveyed Americans also think that voice operated personal assistant technology has significantly improved in the past few years.
- Perhaps that’s the reason why 41% of them wouldn’t want to go back to a life without voice.
- Based on the latest voice search trends, 45% of consumers said they would prefer if their favorite apps had voice assistant features.
- On the other hand, 30.1% of users said they weren’t sure if they wanted to use voice to navigate through apps, 17.8% reported “I don’t think so,” while 7.1% said, “definitely not.”.
- According to the latest voice search statistics, security is the main concern for 42% of voice shoppers in the US.
- Apart from security, 31% of consumers are worried they might order a wrong brand or an item, while 26% are concerned about ordering duplicate items by accident.
- Moreover, 75% of voice search results that rank well in desktop search will appear in the top three for voice search queries.
- Additionally, the newest voice technology trends show that 76% of smart speaker owners use their devices to search for a local business at least once a week.
- Of those who use voice search to look for local businesses, 27% follow up on their search and visit the website.
- Additionally, out of those who use voice to find information online, 55% search for local businesses.
- Amazon Echo demographics reveal a 24% ownership rate for Americans aged between 18 and 29.
- For example, the ownership rate among adults aged between 30 and 44 is around 20%.
- Additionally, it’s estimated that around 14% of Americans aged between 45 and 54 own an Echo.
- Approximately 34% of smart speaker owners are 18 to 29 years of age.
- Additionally, statistics on voice search show that 29% of smart speaker owners are aged 30 to 44, 26.2% are aged 45 to 60, and 20.1% of survey participants aged 60 or older use a smart speaker.
- Interestingly, while seniors are less likely to own a smart speaker, those aged 60 or older who already own a smart speaker are more likely to use it daily than those aged 30 or younger.
- Around 20% of Americans aged 18 and older use personal assistants on their smartphones several times a day.
- Namely, in 2019, 19% of surveyed users reported using a personal assistant on their smartphone once a day, 17% nearly every day, and only 17% at least once a week.
- For comparison purposes, in 2020, 21% reported using a voice operated smartphone assistant nearly every day, while 22% reported using it at least once a week.
- 80.5% of respondents aged 18 to 29 have used a voice assistant on their smartphone at least once.
- In addition, 74.7% of smartphone owners aged 30 to 44 and 68.8% of those aged 45 to 60 have used a digital assistant.
- Lastly, even 60.5% of seniors aged 60 or older have reported using a voice assistant at least once.
- 47% of car owners aged between 22 and 31 would pay a premium for voice services in their vehicles.
- Namely, 28% of consumers said they were satisfied with car voice assistants and would use them again.
- Additionally, 59% reported satisfactory experience, but the assistants were a tad complex and sometimes incapable of interpreting speech.
- Based on the latest data available, around 50% of searches are voice searches.
- Furthermore, approximately 70% of consumers prefer conducting general search queries via voice rather than typing.
- What percentage of searches will be voice searches by 2022?.
- When we take a look at all the data, it indicates that the percentage of voice searches will increase by 50% to 60%.
1. The artificial intelligence industry value is projected to increase by 13x during the course of the next 8 years
(Globe News Wire)
The market value of the global AI market is set to increase from $387 billion in 2022 to an astounding $1,394 billion by the end of 2029.
This means that it’s going to be expanding at a compound annual growth rate of a little over 20% during the forecasted period.
Additionally, China is set to have 26.1% of the global AI market share, making it the biggest market in the world.
2. There are more than 4 billion voice assistants currently in use
Voice assistants, such as Siri and Google Assistant, are the best examples of how AI could seamlessly merge with everyday life and make things easier for people around the globe.
Artificial intelligence statistics even show that voice assistants that are equipped with NLP technology could outnumber the human race by 2024 with an astounding 8.4 billion devices.
However, chatbots and other forms of AI currently in use still have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to natural language processing before they become a staple among users.
According to Pew Research Center, up to 46% of US adults use virtual assistants every single day. Statistics predict that up to 40% of mobile interactions between virtual assistants and people will be powered by cloud-based neural networks.
3. The NLP (natural language processing) market share is set to increase to more than $43 billion by 2023
Natural language processing (NLP) technology is used to help computers translate human language into actual information they’re able to understand. This is achieved by manipulating data.
Currently, thousands of leading businesses are attempting to bridge the gap between machine intelligence and human languages.
4. Google uses global AI technology to process almost 7 billion search queries every single day
Nowadays, searching and organizing big data sets is made possible thanks to AI technology.
AI technology takes over in the event of conventional big data storing and collecting methods failing. This mainstream technology processes billion of search queries that search engines receive on a daily level.
5. WhatsApp produces more than 100 billion AI-processed texts every single day
One of the most popular messaging apps in the world, WhatsApp, uses AI technology to process more than 100 billion texts between users every single day.
The app was officially launched back in November 2009 for iOS, but it was released for Android users as well in August 2010, accumulating more than 2 billion monthly active users around the globe to this day.
6. More than 50% of US citizens use voice assistance for information purposes
(National Public Media)
Voice search uses speech recognition AI software to help users search the Internet. Currently, there are more than 110 million digital voice assistants used in the United States.
Beginning in early 2020, AI-powered voice assistants became the main source of information for up to 51% of American citizens, showing just how powerful and useful voice search is. It has since continued growing at an amazing rate.
Artificial Intelligence Growth Statistics 2023
7. The number of companies using AI grew by 270% from 2015 to 2019
Back in 2015, only around 10% of companies were using or planning to start using AI technology in the near future.
By 2019, this number had grown to 37% of leading businesses. Up to 36% of executives stated that the primary goal of implementing AI technology was to optimize internal business operations.
8. Artificial intelligence is growing at a CAGR of approximately 40% globally
(Grand View Research)
Global AI market statistics show that this technology is growing at a 40% CAGR, which is significant. Additionally, statistics show that this growth is highly unlikely to slow down in the near future.
Moreover, global AI implementation among businesses is predicted to expand at a 38% CAGR between the years 2022 and 2030.
9. 4 in 10 businesses have plans to begin using AI
Statistics show that 4 out of 10 companies plan on implementing AI. AI statistics show that back in 2020, up to 39% of large corporations had plans to invest in this technology.
10. The wearable AI market is set to reach $180 billion by the year 2025
(Global Market Insights)
Wearable AI refers to technology that has the ability to learn its wearers’ speaking patterns and vitals, which it then uses to generate warning signals, as well as assess the mood and tone of what’s being said.
Popular examples include Fitbits and Apple Watches, which are helping boost the global wearable AI market value. The market is set to reach $180 billion by 2025.
11. AI services revenue is set to increase by more than 6x in the next 5 years
Back in 2020, an astounding $19.4 billion in revenue was accumulated by AI services. In 2022, this market is expected to grow to $62.5 billion, which is significant.
Moreover, AI statistics indicate that by 2025 the AI industry is going to reach $126 billion in annual revenue.
Global AI Market Statistics 2023
12. The artificial intelligence market is predicted to grow by 38% in 2023
AI statistics show that the market is going to grow by an amazing 38% in the following year, 2023. Artificial intelligence facts show that the market was projected to grow by 47% between 2021 and 2022.
The near-future forecast is certainly bright when taking into consideration this recent upwards trajectory, as data scientists are predicting continued growth of at least 26% every year until 2025.
13. In the next decade, AI tech can increase revenue by more than $15 trillion
AI statistics and estimations suggest that AI technology is capable of generating up to $15.7 trillion in market revenue by the end of 2030.
This means that it would boost the GDP (gross domestic product) of local economies around the world by an additional 26%.
14. Business analysts estimated the worth of the US AI market at almost $22 billion in 2021
Data analytics show that as the dependency on human intelligence continues to decrease, the US AI market is going to be worth approximately $299 billion by 2026.
Between 2021 and 2028, the compound annual growth rate is predicted to exceed 40%, with dependency on human intelligence decreasing by up to 15x in the past decade.
15. Almost 100 million people will be working in the AI sector by 2025
Statistics have shown that the AI industry will need further manpower due to the ever-increasing projections related to it.
Approximately 97 million people will be required to fill in the job demands of the growing industry by the end of 2025.
How Businesses Adopt AI
16. 4 in 5 businesses consider AI to be their top priority in their business strategy
Statistics on business’s future indicate that one of the top priorities in any company’s business strategy seems to be AI.
This is particularly true for the retail industry. Retail executives expect AI adoption to take place by 2027. Overall, there is widespread adoption of AI happening across a variety of industries.
The two most common ways businesses adopt AI are by using chatbots and automated emails for everyday business communication.
17. Around 80% of executives in the retail industry expect their business to start using AI automation by 2025
AI adoption is set to take place across all industries and business sectors sooner or later. Artificial intelligence stats show that the great majority of business leaders expect their businesses to adopt AI technologies by 2025.
18. AI is expected to improve employee productivity by an astounding 40%
Interesting AI statistics show that AI has the potential to boost the productivity of employees by approximately 40% until the year 2035, which is significant.
The collaboration between AI systems, AI tools, and employees is certain to give businesses a competitive advantage in the following years, especially when it comes to marketing and sales departments.
19. 17 out of 20 CEOs claimed that artificial intelligence would be the main technology used in their company back in 2021
The majority of CEOs and other top-level business executives agree that having AI software and AI systems will be beneficial to their business.
The impact of AI technologies on business will not only boost productivity but also give AI startups the competitive advantage needed to move into new business ventures.
AI Usage Statistics 2023
20. Artificial intelligence is used in disease prevention to discover previously unknown virus strains
Prior to the still ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, AI and machine learning were used to report an outbreak of an unknown type of pneumonia, showing fascinating AI capabilities.
21. Certain smartwatches use AI to time each hand-washing session in order to maximize cleanliness
Wearable AI tech has certainly been on the rise in the past decade, with many analysts predicting that it’s only going to continue growing.
Since certain smartwatches use an AI system to time hand-washing, experts say that this kind of wearable tech can even be used to aid the healthcare’s mission to create and healthier environment and world.
22. More than 20% of adults in the United States own a smart speaker
Some of the most popular smart speaker examples include the HomePod by Apple and the Amazon Echo.
These speakers use speech recognition software to provide their users with things such as weather forecasts, but they can also be used to make emergency phone calls or play music.
Machine Learning Statistics 2023
23. Almost half of all businesses use some form of data analysis, machine learning, or AI
Statistics show that nearly half of all businesses currently use some form of AI and machine learning for their day-to-day operations.
Common uses of AI and machine learning include maintaining data accuracy, as up to 48% of businesses use AI tools for data analysis.
24. 57% of companies use machine learning and artificial intelligence to improve customer experience as of 2021
The most common AI usage is probably customer satisfaction. Providing and maintaining a stellar customer experience can make or break any business nowadays.
That’s exactly why many businesses are choosing AI for their customer service interactions while carefully crafting their customer experience strategy.
25. Google’s deep machine learning technology is thought to be up to 99% accurate
(Google AI Blog)
Statistics show that Google’s deep ML technology is almost 100% accurate, as it has been shown to be even more effective at detecting metastatic breast cancer when compared to human pathologists.
26. Machine learning allows Oxford University’s artificial intelligence system to read lips at a 93% level of accuracy
Smart machine technologies are even being used to read lips at an insane accuracy level.
Oxford University’s AI system has been reported to be around 93% accurate at reading lips, which is more accurate than any human lip reader.
AI Predictions and Challenges 2023
27. Elon Musk warned that AI could overtake humans by 2025
Advanced AI may become sentient in the next 5-10 years, according to global market players.
With the power of computer science, we can see AI, ML, and deep learning emerging as modern solutions that will certainly replace traditional methods in the upcoming years.
Currently, there are three types of AI on the market, including ANI (artificial narrow intelligence), AGI (artificial general intelligence), and ASI (artificial super intelligence).
28. The primary concern among AI skeptics is lost jobs
AI replacing jobs is certainly the biggest problem people have with this technology.
Other implications seem to be more ethical, as people worry that computers will be able to fully integrate with conscious thought.
29. 4 in 10 business executives think that AI is extremely expensive
(Harvard Business Review)
Many top-level executives and marketing leaders believe that AI is too expensive to implement into their business strategy (up to 40%).
In 2021, global spending on AI strategy and systems reached an astounding $57.6 billion, according to market research.
30. 3 out of 4 CEOs are worried about the limited transparency in the artificial intelligence market
Skewed biases and the lack of transparency seem to be the biggest concern for approximately 76% of CEOs, according to a 2017 survey.
Up to 47% of organizations stated that they had a defined AI strategy and 63% of businesses stated that the need to reduce costs will force them to use AI, leaving people wondering just how many jobs could AI replace in the future.
AI in Sales, Marketing, and Customer Care 2023
31. Sales and marketing departments prioritize machine learning and artificial intelligence for market revenue success 40% more than other departments
Sales and marketing leaders stated that their departments relied heavily on process automation in order to increase their market revenue share.
Additionally, they stated that AI technology represented the perfect solution for overworked and burnout customer service representatives.
32. 4 in 10 marketing specialists think that AI email marketing improves revenue
A total of 41.29% of marketers stated that AI was a crucial component of their marketing strategy.
They further claimed that the use of AI email marketing helped them significantly improve revenue.
33. Artificial intelligence algorithms increase the number of leads by as much as 50%
(Harvard Business Review)
AI-powered intelligent automation and algorithms could help businesses increase the number of leads, statistics have shown. AI algorithms reveal data on which products have generated the highest profit margins.
This offers invaluable insight into the purchasing habits of any client. The most recent data shows that AI helped the sales industry by increasing leads and reducing call times by 60%, which resulted in overall cost reductions of up to 60%.
34. 4 out of 5 marketers predicted that AI would change the way marketing works by 2020
A large number (80%) of marketers around the world believe that AI technology is not just a trend, but instead a revolution that will completely change the way all industries work, not just marketing.
This has already been proven to be true for logistics, sales, retail, and many other industries.
Artificial Intelligence and Employment Statistics 2023
35. Storage and transportation workers face the biggest risk of job automation
When it comes to job loss due to AI technology, the industries facing the most uncertainty are wholesale, retail, transportation, and storage. Many people are concerned that the growing AI industry will result in a job crisis in the following years.
Moreover, a lot of people even began wondering whether they should switch career paths in order to avoid becoming obsolete once automation full takes hold of their current job roles.
36. AI and ML are set to replace 16% of all jobs within the US in less than a decade across all industries
Though this might sound scary, it is more than likely that plenty of new jobs will arise from the AI tech growth, as there will be more people needed in this space.
For a net loss of around 7%, the AI market will generate 9% of new jobs in the United States alone, meaning that it will more than make up for this loss.
Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Market Statistics
- According to Markets Insider’s research in 2019, the global natural language processing market is expected to be worth $35 billion by 2025 with a record a 22% CAGR in the 2020.
Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Latest Statistics
- Latest news Improving unsupervised sentencepair comparison Method that captures advantages of crossencoding and bi encoding improves on predecessors by as much as 5%.
- According to various industry estimates only about 20% of data collected is structured data.
- The remaining 80% is unstructured data—the majority of which is unstructured text data that’s unusable for traditional methods.
- The Tech Responsible for 50% decreases in call duration.
- Natural Language Understanding promotes a 50% reduction in call duration.
- Natural Language Understanding encourages a 20% increase in contact centre productivity levels.
- Wolfram NLU has interpreted many billions of queries in Wolfram|Alpha and in well developed domains, the success rate for understanding web queries is now in excess of 95%.
- Top 50% of accepted papers, clear accept.
- Industry analysts also see significant growth potential in NLU and NLP Analysts estimate >20% CAGR in the 2020.
How Can These Artificial Intelligence Statistics Help You?
AI is certainly a hot topic for corporations and businesses around the globe. Its capabilities are helping businesses better manage their operations, approach real-time engagement with customers, and ensure continuity at all times.
AI technology is advancing each day, as companies find new ways to expand and innovate their business strategies.
It plays a huge role in day-to-day activities, not only for businesses but also for regular people. Almost every single person on Earth carries a mobile phone with built-in AI features, such as a voice assistant.
It’s no surprise that more and more businesses are investing in AI technology to avoid losing competitive advantage in the market. Regardless of how people view it, AI is definitely not going away any time soon.