Best Social Media Management Tools, Apps and Software 2023
We’re reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here’s the truth:
New social media management tools are launched all the time. You’ll find plenty of them with a quick Google search.
So how do you find the best social media management tools, apps and software for your business and why is it necessary?
Small businesses can do BIG things with social media: Reach 1,000s of potential customers, drive traffic to websites, and keep in touch with existing customers.
According to Marketing Insider Group, businesses can increase their revenue by 24% when they use social media to generate leads
This is the ultimate guide to the best social media management apps that are easy to use, integrate with 100s of your favorite platforms and apps.
Most of these social media management software tools come with free trials and affordable plans. SocialBee, Sprout Social, Crowdfire, Tailwind, and Zoho Social are great examples.
In this guide, you’ll discover:
- What the best social media management tools are
- What a social media management tool really is
- What to consider when choosing social media management software
- How to avoid wasting money on a fancy social media tool
- The benefits of using a social media management app to manage accounts, schedule posts, engage your audience, and grow your business
- And lots more…
If you’re ready, let’s dive right in.
What Are The Best Social Media Management Tools?
Here are my picks for the best social media management tools for 2022.
Right after this list, I’ll walk you through an in-depth review of each social media management software.
- Sprout Social
- Edgar (MeetEdgar)
- Content Studio
- Zoho Social
- Sked Social
Alright, let’s dive right in. Here’s a breakdown of the 23+ best social media management tools of 2022:
Best social media management tool for entrepreneurs
SocialBee offers social media management solutions and training for small businesses, entrepreneurs, and service providers.
It automatically creates a social post each time new articles are posted.
With SocialBee, it’s easy to manage all your social channels.
You can customize posts for different platforms, like adding hashtags for Instagram, cutting text into 140 characters for Twitter, and more.
You can even bulk upload a series of posts at a time, making it even more convenient.
- Schedule social media content based on categories
- Publish content to multiple platforms from one place
- Upload your content in different formats, quickly
- Shorten URLs and use UTM settings for any links you want to share on your social profiles
- Collaborate with your team at a deeper level
- An intuitive and really nice user interface
- You can save hashtags and reuse them automatically
- It’s easy to create several customizable workspaces
- SocialBee posts to social networks quickly (no delays)
- You can republish content on connected profiles as many times as you want
- There’s no built-in Pinterest integration (you have to integrate it via the Hootsuite free plan)
- The dashboard looks a bit dated (it can be improved)
SocialBee has 3 standard plans with flexible pricing to meet your needs.
- Bootstrap ($19/month): A plan for solopreneurs, get 5 social accounts, 1 user per workspace, 10,000 posts per account, and more.
- Accelerate ($39/month): Startups and small business can create 10 social accounts, 1 user per workspace, 250,000 posts per account, etc.
- Pro ($79/month): 25 social accounts, 3 users per workspace, unlimited posts per account, and most ideal for freelancers and agencies.
Best social media management software for ease of use
Crowdfire allows you to simplify the rigorous process of managing social media marketing.
With this handy tool, you can discover, schedule content, and and manage all your social accounts from one place.
The free version lets you test out the core functionality of the platform, but it’s a very limited version.
To get the full benefits of Crowdfire, you should purchase the paid plan.
There are several different options for different types of businesses, and you can try out a free trial version to see if it’s right for your business.
- Discover content ideas based on your topics of interest
- Publish content from your own blogs to your social profiles
- Schedule all your posts in advance (and publish them at the best times)
- Customize your posts for all social profiles
- Share posts you like on social media with the Chrome extension
- An excellent post scheduling tool (it shows you when to post to drive the best engagement)
- It’s easy to use and learn (lots of learning resources)
- Track your followings accurately
- The hashtag manager is very nice
- Linking social media accounts can be complicated (it can be easier)
- Pinterest isn’t available in the free version
- The overlay for the Chrome extension is laggy when linking social accounts
Crowdfire offers 4 plans with flexible pricing:
- FREE ($0/forever): Try Crowdfire for yourself with 3 linked accounts, 4 supported social accounts, 10 scheduled posts per account, etc.
- PLUS ($9.99/month or $7.48/month billed annually): Ideal for solopreneurs and small businesses. 5 supported accounts linked, 5 supported social accounts, 100 scheduled posts per account, and more.
- PREMIUM ($49.99/month or $37.48/month billed annually): 10 accounts linked, 5 supported social accounts, custom posting schedule, and more.
- VIP ($99.99/month or $74.98/month billed annually): This is perfect for agencies and established businesses. Up to 800 scheduled posts per account, 25 accounts linked, and all the features the software offers.
3. Sprout Social
Best overall social media management tool
Sprout Social provides a powerful solution for social media management. It’s an all-in-one social media management platform for your organization.
It also gives you an instant preview of your post so you can see how it will look before you publish it.
Sprout Social syncs perfectly with the major social media networks, especially Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.
However, it does not provide a preview for Pinterest Rich Pins. It’s not a bad tool to manage your social accounts, but it needs a bit of work.
- Social media management and listening tools
- Integrates with your favorite apps
- Deliver unmatched customer service from within the app
- Social amplification tools to get your content seen and shared
- Start selling with social commerce tools
- An intuitive and clean content publishing calendar
- It has a robust and downloadable analytics and reports
- Easily create a dashboard for social listening
- Quickly schedule posts across platforms in bulk or one at a time at optimal times
- Ability to duplicate, edit, and repost content
- Support can sometimes take a while to response
- No native integration with TikTok (yet)
- For some reason, you may have to reconnect LinkedIn business page every time
Here’s a breakdown of Sprout Social’s pricing and plans:
- Standard ($89/user/month billed annually or $99/month): 5 social profiles, all-in-one social inbox, social content calendar, and more.
- Professional ($149/user/month billed annually or $169/month): All features in the Standard plan, plus 10 social profiles, incoming and outgoing message content tagging, and more.
- Advanced ($249/user/month billed annually or $279/month): Everything in Standard, plus Message Spike Alerts for increased message activity, digital asset and content library, and more.
Best social tool for integration
Sendible lets you achieve your social media marketing goals with an all-in-one marketing software.
If you’re looking for a way to track conversations across your social media accounts, Sendible is the right tool for the job.
It tracks your conversations on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, prioritizes the most important messages, comments, and content, and allows you to schedule them to be sent at specific times.
You can also create a preselected schedule and keep track of your social media activity.
Once set up, Sendible takes care of all the hard work for you.
- Manage all your social media accounts in one place
- Create content to engage your followers at the right time
- Built-in editor lets you optimize your images
- Collaborate with your team and clients
- Generate and automatically send custom social media reports to clients
- Create and schedule social media posts in minutes
- Manage multiple social accounts with ease
- You can optimize posting times (to get maximum results)
- Identify potential brand influencers that can amplify your content
- Use real-time interactions to build rapports with your followers
- Use co-branded dashboard by partnering with Sendible
- Having to reconnect social profiles every other time is time-consuming
- You can’t pick the thumbnail when posting a video
- There’s no free plan for budget-savvy marketers
Sendible offers 4 plans and pricing packages such as:
- CREATOR ($29/month): 1 user, 6 social accounts, one-click reports, and more.
- TRACTION ($89/month): 4 users, 24 social profiles, one-click reports, and more.
- SCALE ($199/month): For growing agencies with a team of not more than 7 members, 49 social profiles, build 14 custom reports, etc.
- EXPANSION ($399/month): 15 users, 105 social profiles, build 45 custom reports, a recommended plan for large teams and agencies.
Note: You save 15% of the total monthly cost when you pay annually. You can get started with a free trial to test the waters first at no cost.
Best content calendar software
CoSchedule is a content calendar software that lets you organize your marketing on multiple social media networks, blogs, and other platforms.
Using CoSchedule, you can set up your schedules in advance and ensure that you post content to your social media accounts at the right time.
You can integrate it with WordPress, your social media accounts, and Google Calendar.
In other words, it will become your central hub for all your content scheduling needs. If you’re a marketing or SEO specialist, you’ll love this platform.
With a content calendar, you can also assign subtasks to your team. With CoSchedule, you can choose a Task Template that outlines the workflow for different types of content.
- Create content calendar
- Task management tools
- Scheduling social posts
- Workflow automation to save time
- Integration with 100s of third-party apps
- A simple and intuitive content calendar (with lots of templates to choose from)
- Schedule content across multiple social networks from one place
- You have full control over your calendar settings (icons, project types, tasks, filters, etc.)
- CoSchedule is always adding new features and simplifying the UI
- A better onboarding process would be appreciated
- It’s a bit pricy compared to some social media management tools
- A user-friendly documentation of features, how they actually work, would be great
There are 2 Marketing Calendar plans and 1 Marketing Suite plan in CoSchedule:
- Free ($0/forever): A quick-start plan for beginners to see how content calendar works; everything in one place.
- Pro ($29/month billed annually): This plan offer limitless publishing to grow your content footprint.
- Business: This is the Marketing Suite plan, with a suite of agile marketing products to get more work done and proof your team’s value. Contact the sales team for a custom quote.
Note: The monthly pay-as-you-go plan is a little higher than the monthly plan (billed annually). So if you want to save, you might consider the yearly package.
Best social media tool for agencies
Pallyy is a social media scheduling tool. It’s a great choice for agencies that manage clients’ social media accounts.
This tool is streamlined and easy to navigate. You can manage your social accounts and stay on top of your activity from one central place.
Pallyy has a powerful calendar feature that helps you to stay organized and keep track of all posts from the past month.
It also allows you to assign tasks to team members.
- Schedule your clients social media posts in one place
- Create engaging social media posts to engage an audience
- Build relationships with your clients
- Schedule posts from anywhere (desktop, mobile, or iPad)
- Built-in feedback tools to keep your clients happy
- Visually plan your Instagram feed with drag-and-drop editor
- Quick access to rich analytics to track your performance
- It’s affordable even for new marketers
- Pallyy has a user-friendly calendar view
- Easily schedule posts in advance and publish across multiple social platforms
- You can add a bio link to your Instagram profile (instead of displaying Pallyy branding)
- Lacks a few advanced scheduling functionality (such as post recycling)
- While you can schedule posts to different social networks, you can only see analytics for Instagram, within your dashboard
Here’s a summary of Pallyy’s plans:
- Free ($0/month): 1 social set, 15 scheduled posts, feed planner, and reports.
- Premium ($15/month): A perfect plan for multiple brands. Get unlimited scheduled posts, bulk scheduling, bio link, add more social sets, and more.
Note: Save 10% of the total monthly cost when you switch to the annual payment structure.
Best social media tool for local businesses
The PromoRepublic social media management tool allows you to select multiple social networks.
You can then add text, emojis, images, GIFs, and videos to each post. You can also customize each post individually, so you can stay under the character limit on Twitter.
If you want to share something with Instagram, you can use a separate image and write the first comment.
With these tools, you can easily share your content and increase your engagement on those platforms.
- Manage multiple social media accounts in one place
- All-in-one social inbox to interact with your followers
- iOS and Android mobile apps
- Comprehensive reporting for your social media marketing efforts
- Social listening tools
- The built-in graphics editor is quite easy to use
- An intuitive AI-driven scheduling to Instagram, Faebook, and other networks
- You can boost posts and ad campaigns from your dashboard
- Pick from 100,000+ post ideas and visual templates
- Easily create separate workspaces for each clients (based on location
- There’s no way to bulk upload posts
- Lack of pre-built palette color selections for branding
To manage your brand social media activities, PromoRepublic offers 3 different plans:
- Small business ($59/month): Ideal for single location business. 1 user, 10 social accounts, social post boosting, etc.
- Agency ($99/month): The agency-based plan that gives you 30 social accounts, 10 users, all-in-one social inbox, and more.
- Multi-location: Businesses with multiple locations can get custom quotes from PromoRepublic.
Note: When you switch to the annual payment schedule, you save 25% of the total cost.
8. Edgar (MeetEdgar)
Best social media tool for automation
Edgar is a social media scheduler, helping you to keep your social fresh every day, without bottlenecks. It’s perfect for automating your social media marketing activities.
The best way to use the Edgar social media management tool is to make sure you outline your content strategy in advance.
It’s crucial that your content is relevant to your target audience, so you should make sure to set categories inside your Edger account for each post.
The tool uses these categories to sort your content and keep your page updated.
Creating a general schedule will allow you to select a specific day, category, and amount of content to post.
Then, the tool will automatically post your content on the selected days and times.
- Connect and manage posting to all major social media networks
- Automate recurring posts to social media
- A huge library of content updates organized by categories
- Generate 5X post ideas with Edgar AI content tool
- A/B testing options to validate which of your posts resonate with your audience
- Add content from your RSS feed onto your Edgar queue automatically
- Get suggested topics and publish fresh content to your social accounts regularly
- Add multiple variations of your posts so you never run out of ideas
- Easily manage multiple social profiles and accounts at once
- It’s user-friendly and easy to get started
- Limited reporting dashboard to view how your posts are performing in real-time
- You can’t use multiple photos for a single Facebook post
Edgar offers 2 straightforward plans:
- Eddie Monthly Plan ($29.99/month or $299/year): If you’re getting started with social media management, this plan gives 5 social accounts, unlimited scheduled posts, and more.
- Edgar Monthly Plan ($49.99/month or $499/year): Ideal for entrepreneurs and small businesses. 25 social accounts, 1,000 weekly automations, 20 team members, and more.
Best for visual social management report
Tailwind automates the most daunting and repeatable aspects of social media marketing with smarter tools and visually-driven features.
Although it only integrates with Instagram and Pinterest, it has many benefits for online business owners.
Social media networks refresh content every second, so coming up with fresh content is crucial.
But the tool can help you schedule your posts and increase your engagement scores.
It also helps you to analyze your analytics with visual cues and boost your engagement scores.
- Tailwind Create: Transform your photos into beautiful social media posts
- Automated publishing to multiple social media profiles
- Personalized SmartSchedule: Post content at the best times
- Reach more customers with relevant hashtags
- Drive traffic from Instagram with a Shoppable feed
- Connect with creators, get fresh ideas, get answers to your questions
- The forever-free plan has a ton of useful features
- Automate your Pinterest and Instagram posting with ease
- An intuitive and clean dashboard
- Rich reporting dashboard shows you the performance of your posts
- Link from Instagram directly to your website using Smart Bio (for free traffic)
- No functionality for Facebook and Twitter (yet)
- Sometimes, Tailwind’s load time is slow
- You can’t use multi-image posts on Instagram
Tailwind offer time-saving social media management tools with flexible pricing:
- Pro ($19.99/month): 1 Pinterest, 1 Instagram, 1 Facebook page, 5 Tailwind communities, etc. Save $120/year by switching to annual.
- Advanced ($49.99/month): 2 Pinterest accounts, 2 Instagram accounts, 2 Facebook pages, 1,000 posts/month, etc. Save $300 a year by switching to annual.
- Max ($99.99/month): Ideal for managing multiple accounts. 3 Pinterest accounts, 3 Instagram accounts, 3 Facebook pages, and you can save $600/year when you switch to annual.
- Free forevever ($0/month): Get started for free, with 1 account on Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook, 20 posts, and more.
Best for small teams
SocialPilot combines powerful publishing, insightful analytics, and seamless collaboration to help you get results with social media marketing.
It provides a powerful and easy-to-use set of tools for managing your social media channels.
With this tool, you can manage 25+ accounts, bulk schedule posts, and analyze social media analytics.
It also offers social media reports in PDF format, team management, and the ability to assign accounts to team members.
It has several features, including customizable templates, no character limits, bulk scheduling, client management, and audience targeting.
- Schedule and publish posts on all major social media platforms
- Create customized posts with images, videos, gifs, tags, etc.
- Manage your social media strategy with a content calendar
- Get insights through rich analytics & reports
- Keep the conversation flowing with social inbox
- Collaboration tools to keep your workflow organized for the entire team
- A clean interface to connect and post to all your social accounts
- Create and curate social posts to engage your followers
- It provides actionable social media metrics
- Easy collaboration tools for the the entire team
- Contributors can create drafts with ease
- It doesn’t provide Instagram analytics on the mobile app (only on the desktop version)
- No free plan for small teams that want to get started without making an upfront payment
SocialPilot comes with 4 plans with flexible pricing, take a look:
- Agency ($127.5/month): 10 users, unlimited clients, white label, and 75 social accounts.
- Studio ($85/month): 3 users, unlimited clients, 50 social accounts, and more.
- Small Team ($42.5/month): 3 users, 25 social accounts, unlimited clients, etc.
- Enterprise: Contact the sales team to get customized plan based on your social media marketing needs.
Note: Switch to annual payment structure and save 15% of the total monthly cost.
Best for social media analytics
Iconosquare is a data-driven social media management tool used by brands and agencies.
It provides data-driven analytics to determine how well your content performs.
The dashboard displays the most important metrics, and you can schedule reports based on the time of day. Iconosquare lets you manage multiple profiles from one central dashboard.
You can schedule posts, save captions and lists, and approve them when ready. Its easy-to-use scheduling features make it the best choice for any business or individual.
- Advanced social media marketing analytics
- Multi-profile management from one dashboard
- Powerful social media scheduler that saves time
- Spy on your competitors (100+ industries available)
- Collaborate with your team
- Schedule, publish, and monitor social accounts via the mobile app
- Intuitive and fast mobile app
- Save time with robust social media reporting tools
- Get in-depth post performance (ideal for agencies)
- Easily customize your dashboard to visualize key metrics
- Increase efficiency by managing multiple social profiles in one place
- You may have to pay extra cost for additional features
- It doesn’t separate organic and paid metrics in the dashboard
Here’s a breakdown of the 3 plans that Iconosquare offers:
- Pro ($59/month): For small businesses and expert marketers.
- Advanced ($99/month): For marketing teams
- Enterprise: Get custom pricing, best for larger social media teams and agencies.
Note: You can pay annually and save up to 22%. You might want to start with a free 14-day trial to see whether or note Iconosquare is good for you.
12. Content Studio
Best social tool for content marketing
Content Studio is a content marketing & social media management platform for publishers, agencies, startups, and brands.
Connecting with influencers via social media is a key feature you’ll come to love when using Content Studio.
For starters, you can easily find and save influencers to follow in a given country or language.
It’s easy to add any social account to your list for better outreach management.
Besides, you can also see what works for your influencers and steal their ideas.
Another great feature of ContentStudio is its inbox, which allows you to manage all your interactions with your customers.
- Manage all your content marketing operations for all channels
- Track KPIs and generate beautiful white-label reports
- Get content approval from clients and internal team members
- Plan and publish Instagram posts
- Content Discovery & Insights: For trending content suggestions
- Planner & Calendar: Create a social media content calendar to stay organized
- Content Studio team is constantly upgrading and making the platform easier to use
- A great community of entrepreneurs supporting each other
- It’s intuitive and easy to learn
- Easily identify trending content to double down on
- It’s easy to create, distribute, and track content in one platform
- It doesn’t offer direct posting on Instagram (except through Zapier)
- Lacks integration with newer apps and tools such as Ocoya, Glorify, etc.
Content Studio comes with 4 plans and straightforward pricing. You can switch to yearly payment structure and get 2 months free.
- PRO ($49/month): For solo marketer, 1 workspace, 10 social accounts, 10GB, etc.
- SMALL ($99/month): For business, 5 workspaces, 25 social accounts, 20GB storage, etc.
- MEDIUM ($199/month): For agencies, 10 workspaces, 50 social accounts, 50GB storage, and more.
- LARGE ($299/month): For large businesses and agencies, 20 workspaces, 150 social accounts, plus all the features provided by the platform.
Best for social media support
NapoleonCat is a social engagement and support tool for businesses. It can help you monitor, measure, and improve your campaign’s results.
The software analyzes competitors’ social media accounts, including their posts, and can give you insight into their strategies.
Whether you’re running a small business or a large corporation, NapoleonCat can help you succeed in your online marketing campaigns.
If you’re trying to increase your visibility, consider using this powerful tool to manage your social media accounts.
- Social Inbox: Manage social customer service
- Analytics: Measure your social media marketing efforts
- Instagram Scheduler
- Schedule posts across networks
- Scale sales and improve workflow with automation
- The tool is quite easy to use
- Quickly track and respond to comments under your sponsored content
- Get comprehensive analytics on social profiles
- Publish and schedule social posts with ease
- Easily consolidate messages with an intuitive social inbox
- The pricing structure is a bit confusing (it can be more straightforward)
- The customer support can be more responsive
NapoleonCat has a pricing structure that’s based on the number of social profiles and size social media team you want to manage:
- Standard ($58/month billed annually): 3 users, 3 social profiles, publish content, and analyze data.
- Pro ($83/month billed annually): Everything in Standard, plus automated moderation, customized reports, and more.
- Custom: Get in touch with the sales team to discuss your needs and get custom quotes.
Best for social media content creation
StoryChief combines the power of content planning, social media, and SEO copywriting to help you drive website traffic, nurture leads, and grow sales.
Using StoryChief is very easy. It lets you create and manage content for multiple channels including personal websites, email marketing, mobile platforms, and Google AMP.
This tool allows you to share content instantly after it is published and even schedule drip-feed content to be posted automatically to various social networks.
You can easily track the success of your posts with the help of analytics.
- Social media content planning
- SEO copywriting tools
- Create, launch, and collaborate with your team
- Distribute your content across all channels
- Create marketing calendar to set deadlines
- Easily create and distribute content online
- Optimize content for SEO
- Publish content to WordPress directly. Save time.
- A clean user interface (beginner-friendly)
- An easy-to-use writing editor (similar to Medium’s writing editor)
- Seamless integration with lots of third-party platforms and apps
- No feature to import tags and categories from WordPress
- Lacks content curation functionality
- A more customizable dashboard based on current connected services will be great
StoryChief offers 3 pricing plans for businesses:
- Team ($100/month billed annually): 4 users, 1 workspace, unlimited content campaigns, and more.
- Team Plus ($180/month billed annually): 6 users, unlimited guests, unlimited content campaigns, and more.
- Agency ($350/month billed annually): Ideal for agencies, all Team Plus features, and 25 users per workspace, 5 workspaces, white label notifications, and more.
15. Zoho Social
Best all-in-one social media management software for brands
Zoho Social is a CRM that enables marketing and sales teams to connect with followers and generate leads from social media channels.
The software helps companies manage their social media accounts and provides insights into the audience and content of their posts.
To use Zoho Social, users can set up custom queues for publishing posts on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
To get started, download the free trial version or sign up for a paid version.
- Post and schedule unlimited posts to social networks
- Create custom reports to analyze your social media performance
- Intuitive publishing calender to stay consistent
- Respond to comments and user interactions from your dashboard
- Use the prebuilt reports or create new ones from scratch
- Publishing posts to social networks is fast (no delays)
- It’s intuitive and easy to learn
- The mobile app makes social listening fun
- Easily access simple and detailed analytics
- It allows you to easily interact with team members
- Get monthly reporting of how each social network is performing
- You can’t tag users on images for any social channel
- You can’t manage Facebook ads and Google ads on Zoho Social
- No support for Instagram & Facebook Stories (currently in the works)
- STANDARD ($15/month or $10/month billed yearly): 1 brand (7 channels), 24/5 email support, manage social accounts, and more.
- PROFESSIONAL ($35/month or $25/month billed yearly): Everything in STANDARD, plus 1 team member, 8 channels for 1 brand, and more.
- PREMIUM ($55/month or $37.5/month billed yearly): Everything in PROFESSIONAL, plus 3 team members, 9 channels for 1 brand, and more.
Best social media tool for repurposing content
Missinglettr is an all-in-one social marketing platform. It turns your content into highly-useful and engaging social media posts to attract influencers.
With Missinglettr, you can automate your social media messages, and the tool even parses online content and creates posts for you.
You can also add hashtags, images, and quotes to your posts, and the platform will automatically schedule them to go live on the various channels.
This way, you can focus on creating content instead of spending time scheduling each post. You can let Missinglettr do all of the heavy lifting for you.
- Drip campaigns to drive more traffic
- Curate content for your audience
- Coordinate your social media strategy with Calendar
- Track your social media performance
- Find the best influencers in your niche
- It’s easy to edit and schedule posts for social networks
- Easily re-publish old content that performed well in the past
- Clean user interface, intuitive editing options
- Create content and validate it before posting
- Save time with automated content generation ideas
- Campaigns take time to get approved (it can be annoying sometimes)
- It requires a steep learning curve
Missinglettr gives you 2 months free when you switch to an annual payment schedule. Here are the monthly plans:
- Free ($0/free forever): 1 workspace, 1 social profile, 50 scheduled posts, 0 extra users, etc.
- Solo ($19/month): 1 workspace, 3 social profiles, 500 scheduled posts, 1 extra user, and more.
- Pro ($59/month): 3 workspaces, 9 social profiles, 3,000 scheduled posts, and more.
17. Sked Social
Best Instagram-first scheduling tool
Sked Social is a social media scheduling tool. It allows you to create, source, share, and cross-post Instagram content to Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, and even Google My Business.
The tool allows you to plan content months ahead and then visual plan each Instagram feed post.
The tool offers a variety of reporting options and an easy-to-understand calendar for scheduling posts.
You can use Sked Social to automate all your content postings and collaborate with your team members. The Sked Social website has helpful tips and tutorials, a knowledge base, and blogs.
- Create, source, and share content on major social networks
- Visually plan your feed with drag and drop features
- Get a customizable link in the bio page to get more traffic
- Schedule Instagram posts with tags and hashtags to drive more engagement
- Auto-post content across social media networks
- It’s easy and simple to navigate
- Get insights to create engaging social content
- Excellent and responsive support (that answers your questions on time)
- Crop photos from within the post before posting them
- Get a visual view of your scheduled posts to Instagram
- It doesn’t support tagging on Facebook (you may have to upload it separately onto Meta, which is a stressful)
- There’s no reposting feature (yet)
Sked Social comes with 3 different feature-rich plans:
- Fundamentals ($25/month or $250/year): 1 user, up to 3 Instagram accounts, visual Instagram planner, and more.
- Essentials ($75/month or $750/year): Unlimited users, up to 5 Instagram accounts, everything in Fundamentals.
- Professional ($135/month or $1,350/year): Best for team collaboration with unlimited users, up to 10 Instagram accounts, and everything in Essentials.
Best for customizable social media marketing
AgoraPulse is a social media management tool for growing teams.
The wide range of social media posts allow you to create and publish posts instantly, queue posts for later, and schedule repeats.
All plans include unlimited posts and you can schedule them to appear on specific days and times.
This tool also provides reporting and analytics capabilities.
Its advanced features make it a great choice for busy professionals who need to handle a large number of social media accounts.
You can even target posts for specific audiences, such as your target market.
- Unified social inbox to manage social media messages, comments, and reviews in one place
- Intuitive publishing tools
- Discover trends and insights with social listening tools
- Create beautiful reports that show what’s working
- 30-minute response time: Get your questions answered on time
- Send content to queue for efficient scheduling
- Easy to use with lots of learning resources
- Filter different types of social traffic (organic and paid) with ease
- Keep your comments feed positive by filtering negative hate speech and spam
- Easily toggle between social media channels
- It lacks Instagram grid preview functionality
- You can’t rearrange photos before posting them
- Dynamic FB ads inclusion would be great
AgoraPulse offers 3 distinct plans with clear pricing structure:
- Pro ($99/month or $79/month billed annually): Small teams can get started with this plan.
- Premium ($199/month or $159/month billed annually): Agencies and growing teams will benefit a lot from the features in this plan.
- Enterprise: Request a demo or contact support for a custom quote.
Best for small business and franchises
eClincher is an innovative social media management platform for small businesses and franchises.
A great social media tool should have a wide range of features.
One of those features is eClincher’s built-in media library, which lets you store and share images with your social media community.
The app also includes Zendesk integration for managing your customer service.
It also provides competitive intelligence reports, which help you determine your competitors’ strategies.
eClincher’s other features include Google Analytics integration, an online dashboard, and scheduling and publishing capabilities.
- Publishing & Scheduling Posts
- Visual Calendar & Scheduler
- Upload and schedule content in bulk (from a CSV file)
- Drag and drop to rearrange Instagram posts within your live feed
- Automatically shorten links with Google utm, Bitly, and Sniply
- Image libraries to pick high-quality images and videos
- Auto-posting content to social media is seamless
- No real issues with the scheduling tool
- eClincher has a responsive customer support team
- It supports nearly every social network and source (including blogs, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Access additional tools to simplify your workflow and make it faster
- Not visually appealing (this feature is ideal for beginners)
- The reporting feature could use some work
Let’s breakdown eClincher monthly plans and pricing:
- Basic ($59/month): 1 user, 10 social profiles, live support, etc.
- Premier ($119/month): 3 users, $20/month for 1 user add-on, browser extention, etc.
- Agency ($219/month): 6 users, 40 social profiles, unlimited brands, and more.
Note: Switch to annual payment schedule and save 15%.
Best for social media planning
ContentCal is an Adobe owned company that simplifies your social media planning and posting — so you can focus on growth.
Its intuitive interface and customizable workflow make managing multiple social profiles and account easy.
Its cheapest plan is $37 per month, while the next two are custom plans for a lower price. You can also sign up for a free trial to see how it works.
Then, connect your social profiles to begin managing your social profiles.
The tools are self-explanatory, but if you’re new to using them, there are plenty of resources online to help you learn how to use them.
- A beautiful visual social media management software
- Sync multiple channels and teams to save time
- Schedule posts, share calendars, preset times, and more.
- Track social media performance across multiple networks
- Share inboxes and manage your mentions effectively
- The customer support team is reliable. They respond quickly
- ContentCal makes content planning fun compared to similar platforms
- It integrates with Zapier (which is useful for connecting hundreds of apps)
- The layout is visually appealing. You can see the status of each post
- Easily schedule social media posts for your clients to save time
- You can only publish multi-image posts and Stories via the mobile app
- It’s a bit pricey (starting at $37/month) compared to some social media management tools
Here’s the breakdown of the 3 different plans:
- Essential ($37/month): 1 – 2 users and calendars, 6 social profiles per calendar, content hub, and more.
- Advanced: 3 – 10 users, 10 social profiles, articles, pause content, and more. Get a custom quote from the sales team.
- Expert: For larger social & content teams, custom users, custom calendars, etc.
Note: Save 20% with an annual plan.
Best social media management software for analytics
Hootsuite offers a robust social media marketing and management dashboard. With Hootsuite, you can easily manage all your social media efforts for results.
Using Hootsuite as your social media management tool is an easy way to keep your accounts organized and updated.
You can generate multiple streams feeds for your social account, which allows you to monitor and manage multiple accounts at the same time.
With just one login, you can manage all your social media platforms in one location.
And because the dashboard is user-friendly, you can see the information you need in real-time.
- Connect 50+ social accounts
- Access messages in one social inbox
- Schedule posts in advance with handy tools
- Manage team access and roles with permissions
- Review messages before they publish
- Promote posts for more visibility
- It’s easy to post to all connected social channels at one time
- A user-friendly and visual dashboard
- You can show a calendar of events across social networks
- Collaborate with your team members
- A handy cross-posting feature saves you time
- Pricing should be more flexible
- It’s not very easy to use (compared to Sprout Social)
Hootsuite has 4 different plans:
- PROFESSIONAL ($49/month): 1 user, 10 social accounts, schedule unlimited posts, and more.
- TEAM ($129/month): 3 users, 20 social accounts, and all the features in PROFESSIONAL.
- BUSINESS ($739/month): 5 users, 35 social accounts, and all the features in TEAM.
- ENTERPRISE: Request a demo and get custom solutions from the team, up to 50+ social accounts and 5 users.
Best affordable social media tool
Buffer is an intuitive and affordable social media management software.
When it comes to social media management, Buffer stands out as a standout. The drag-and-drop editor allows you to make edits quickly and easily.
Simply navigate to the dashboard and select your social networks.
You can even group your platforms together and send certain types of posts to specific groups.
Once the posting has been scheduled, simply write the content, add a link, and you’re done!
- Intuitive social media management tool
- Measure social media performance in a few clicks
- Schedule your social media posts
- Respond to comments quickly before they’re published
- Open Source: Buffer code is free to use for extended developments
- A beginner-friendly user interface
- Easily track all content shared via Buffer using custom URLs
- It automates content posting at the best times
- Gives you insights to engage your audience at the right time
- The Chrome extension is quite easy to use
- Sometimes, the images crashed when posted via ‘scheduling with Buffer.’
- Ability to switch to different layout views would be useful
- The mobile app lacks all the essential features available on the web version
Here’s the breakdown of Buffer pricing and plans:
Buffer has 4 pricing, here’s a breakdown:
- Free ($0/month): Basic publishing tools, landing page builder, best for individuals and businesses getting started with social media.
- Essentials ($6/month): Analytics tools, planning & publishing tools, and all the features in Free.
- Team ($12/month): Essential features, plus unlimited team members, unlimited user seating, collaboration, and reporting.
- Agency ($120/month): Up to 10 social channels, custom access & permissions, ideal for marketing agencies.
Get 2 months for free when you choose the annual plan.
Best Instagram marketing platform
Later is an all-in-one social marketing platform for top social networks.
After integrating with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest, the Later social media management tool can be used for a variety of tasks.
For example, Later lets you schedule posts to your main feeds and stories and allows you to upload directly from your computer, DropBox, or Google Docs.
After importing your photos and videos, drag and drop them into the grid. You can then write a brief copy to accompany your posts and later post them to your social media accounts.
- Easy to use social scheduling tool
- Share photos, videos, and stories
- Customize your feed with full control
- Auto publish for Instagram Carousel posts
- Find content, add your personal touch, and publish to your social accounts
- Identify the best time to post to your social accounts
- Connect and manage multiple social media accounts from one place
- Easily add multiple users/team members to start delegating tasks
- Plan your Instagram feed with the visual planner
- Create interesting content that your audience will love
- It doesn’t allow you to upload files higher than 20MB
- Later app should be easier or quicker to bulk schedule content
Let’s breakdown the plans and pricing of Later social media management tool:
- Starter ($15/month or $12.50/month billed yearly): 1 social set, 30 posts per social profile, 1 user, and more.
- Growth ($40/month or $33.33/month billed yearly): 3 social sets, 150 posts per social profile, 3 users, and more.
- Advanced ($80/month or $66.67/month billed yearly): 6 social sets, unlimited posts, 6 users, and more.
What Are Social Media Management Tools?
Social media management tools can help you streamline your work. These tools will allow you to organize multiple social profiles and post from one place.
They also help you schedule posts that will be published to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, during your specified period.
Social media management is a complex process involving a range of tasks.
These tasks are often spread across different platforms and can be time-consuming.
Fortunately, social media management tools make this process much easier.
Not only do they save time, but they also enhance performance, security, and data tracking capabilities.
Many of the top tools also allow you to collaborate more effectively with your team.
While this can be especially useful for small teams, the best options will simplify customer service, marketing, and sales.
What to Look for in a Social Media Management Tool?
The best social media management tools are designed to help marketers and businesses manage their social media presence with ease.
But keep in mind that all social media management software platforms aren’t created equal. Some are easier-to-use, cost-effective, and come with a boat-load of features.
To help you pick the perfect social media management tool, here are 5 important factors to consider:
1. Easy to use
The first thing to look for in a social media management tool is its ease of use.
Regardless of how complex your workflow is, the right tool should be user-friendly and intuitive.
Most of these tools have advanced analytics built-in, which will help you track your campaign’s performance and make it more effective.
The interface of your tool should be easy to use and intuitive, which will save you time and ensure that your marketing team is getting the best results.
If you’re working on a tight budget, you may want to find a social media tool that’s affordable and easy to use.
The best social media management tools are those that can save you time and effort.
For example, SocialBee allows you to manage your social media posting and schedule future posts.
These tools are especially useful for managing multiple social media profiles.
3. Support multiple social networks
To get the most out of your marketing efforts, you must have a social media management tool that supports multiple platforms.
These tools can provide you with real-time reports that show which posts are the most popular and generate the most engagement.
They can also be used to schedule your content, which is very important for boosting your online presence.
4. Detailed analytics
Detailed social media analytics are important for marketers. Before this time, it was difficult to measure audience data across all social media platforms.
With advanced social media management tools, you can analyze data across channels and see how your audience changes over time.
By using these tools, you can monitor competitors, listen to mentions, and optimize your cost-per-click.
By combining these features, you can make the most of your marketing budget.
5. Schedule future posts and updates
There are a number of social media management tools out there that can help you schedule your future posts.
Here’s how Dave Chaffey planned all his tweets for the month and used a social tool to schedule and manage this process.
Planable, for example, has a calendar for Instagram that allows you to manage multiple accounts.
You can also use other social media scheduling tools, such as Hootsuite or Buffer, which let you view your scheduled posts in one place.
For example, you can use Later to schedule your posts across multiple channels and can even crop your photos to fit your optimized image size.
Benefits of Using a Social Media Management Tool
Why should you use a social media management tool?
What are the benefits of using software or an all-in-one platform to manage your social media presence?
Here are 5 key benefits:
1. Manage multiple social media profiles
The average American has 7.1 social media accounts, according to We Are Social.
Using a tool to manage multiple social media accounts is a time-saving option.
Trying to manage multiple social media profiles is a challenging task, especially if you have many clients or you have to handle personal accounts for different people.
In addition to being time-consuming, it is inefficient to open multiple tabs.
The right software can help you organize and manage your social media accounts in an efficient way.
2. Build relationships with social media users
You can build better relationships with your target audience by using a social media management tool.
Many of your ideal customers are on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and other social media platforms 24/7.
It is important to find out when your potential customers are online, so you can communicate with them accordingly.
You can also send personalized messages to your ‘engaged’ social media audience using a tool like Hootsuite or SocialBee.
3. Monitor social engagement
Social media has become the new word-of-mouth for a brand. To measure the engagement level, you must-have metrics and measure them regularly.
It’s easy to measure this engagement using social media management software, with robust social media analytics.
These will help you determine which posts have the most engagement. Below are some of the most common metrics you can use to measure your social media efforts.
Once you’ve identified your key metrics, you can start using them to improve your social media strategies.
4. Build a social editorial calendar
With CoSchedule, Sprout Social, and other social media management tools, you can create a social content editorial calendar.
Julia Martins (a contributor at Asana) says:
“You can plan posts in advance, so you’re maintaining a seemingly-effortless stream of high-quality content.”
This content calendar is arguably the best way to keep track of your social media content.
You can pick a template that will cover all posts for each of the big 4 social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, & LinkedIn).
Social editorial calendar templates are easily customizable and designed to help you plan individual content assets.
5. Increase social accountability with social media tools
One of the most effective ways to increase social accountability is to track conversations and monitor customer feedback.
Social media management software can record conversations and keep notes for the team to use in the future.
This way, they’ll know how to engage with fans and know where they’re at in the sales cycle.
How to Choose the Right Social Media Management Tool for You
When choosing a social media management tool, you should know what features you’re looking for.
The best tools will be user-friendly and intuitive, and they’ll be easy to learn and use.
If you spend hours struggling to use them, you’ll waste time, energy, and momentum.
A tool that’s easy to use should be simple to learn and will help you maximize the potential of your social media presence.
According to MotoCMS, 60% of managers strongly agree that social media is important to growing their social presence and boosting ROI.
When choosing a tool, make sure to decide what your goals are and how you will use the tool.
A social media management tool can help you meet or exceed your goals, so it’s important to decide what those goals are.
There are many options out there, and it’s vital to research your options and finds the best fit for your specific needs. Then, you’ll be able to find the perfect tool for your business.
The cost is probably the most important factor to consider when shortlisting a social media management tool.
While they all tend to be pricey, a quality tool can save you time and energy. Be sure to choose a tool that can handle the networks you’re interested in using.
Essentially, make sure you can justify the ROI of the tool you choose. If you’re still unsure, try a free trial to see if it fits your needs.
FAQs About Social Media Management Tools
Here are some frequently asked questions about social media management apps and tools.
Social media management tools are designed to help businesses manage a long list of tasks spread over multiple social media platforms.
Sprout Social is the best social media management tool with essential features that are ideal for beginners and experienced online marketers.
Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Zoho Social, Meet Edger, Sendible, SocialBee, and Buffer are the major tools for managing social media tasks and processes.
Single Sign On (SSO) offers an additional layer of security in social media management operations. With social SSO, users can sign in to third-party websites or applications using their social media credentials.
Buffer is the most effective social media platform with lots of success stories, a huge learning resources (comprehensive blog posts, tutorial videos, demo, webinars, white papers, etc.), and a user-friendly community.
Social media management software can cost an average of $10 to $600 per month, depending on the set of features, integrations, users, and deliverables.
Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Tailwind, Buffer, SocialPilot, Crowdfire, Sendible, and Meet Edger are the top social media management tools you can use to manage your social media marketing activities.
Zoho Social and Sendible are the best social media management software tools suitable for a small business.
Buffer, AgoraPulse, and Social Sprout are the best social media management software with advanced collaboration tools for large businesses.
Sendinble and Rival IQ are the perfect social media management tools for agencies.
Media Cloud, Aggie, and Socioboard are the best open source social media management apps.
Sprinklr , Oktopost, Falcon.io, HubSpot, Salesforce Social Studio, Social Hub, Spreadfast, Likeable Hub, Social Flow, and NUVI are most ideal for enterprise-level companies.
Best Social Media Management Tools – Summary
What went through your mind as you read this complete guide to the best social media management tools?
Can you confidently pick the right social media management software that will help you grow your marketing activities on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, and other social media platforms.
Keep in mind that the best social media tools are easy to use, comes with tons of collaboration features, and learning resources.
Here are my final recommendations:
- SocialBee: best for entrepreneurs and businesses
- Crowdfire: best for ease of use
- Sprout Social: best overall social media tool
- Sendible: best for seamless integration
- Tailwind: best for visual reports
Now it’s your turn to contribute
Do you have a favorite social media management software that I forgot to mention in this guide? What’s so special about that tool?
I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please leave a comment below.
Start Getting New Knowledge and Experience, Together!
Simplify your software search and get started by browsing our categories.