Today, we’re rounding up the best blogging statistics for 2023 your business must know to create a powerful blogging strategy to boost your marketing strategy.
Let’s get started.
Blogging Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- in 2023, There are more than 600 million blog sites worldwide.
- 88% of businesses that do outsourcing pay people to write for them.
- 38% of bloggers publish content once a week.
- 68.52% of bloggers agreed that blogs add credibility to a website.
- 22% of bloggers spend 2 to 3 hours working on a post.
- Long-form content gets an average of 77% more backlinks.
- How-to articles are the most popular blog format.
|Number of blogs on the internet||600 million+||Hosting Tribunal|
|Daily blog posts published||2 million+||Hosting Tribunal|
|Number of bloggers in the US||31.7 million||Statista|
|Percentage of internet users who read blogs||77%|
|Monthly comments on blog posts||77 million||WordPress|
|Viewers on WordPress.com blog pages per month||409 million||WordPress|
|Time to write a blog post||3 hours 55 minutes||Orbit Media|
|Median length of blog posts in 2021||2164 words||Hubspot|
|Fortune 500 companies with public-facing blogs||54%||Umass Dartmouth|
|Internet users who take opinions of bloggers and vloggers into account||46%||Blue Orchid Marketing|
|Number of blogs on Tumblr||495 million||Statista|
|Number of blogs on WordPress||60 million||Hosting Tribunal|
|Number of Wix users worldwide||2 million||Wix|
|Monthly readers on Medium||60 million||Business Insider|
Blogging Growth Statistics 2023
- 34% of bloggers have been blogging for less than one year.
- 73% of content authors said they profited from their blogs.
- 89% of B2B marketers used blogs.
- A blog gives a website credibility according to 68.52% of people.
- there are around 6,912,000 posts produced each day 4,800 posts posted every minute.
- There are 518.7 million blogs on Tumblr.
- 30% of blog users prefer reading blog posts with headlines that include a number.
- About 64% of all blogs are viewed on the Chrome browser.
- According to search engine optimization tools, internet users worldwide search for “how to start a blog” 121,000 times every month.
- Almost 80% of marketers use blog posts in their content marketing strategies.
- 21% of readers prefer blog headlines that address them.
- The number of blogs globally exceeded 600 million.
- The first major personal blogger started in 1994.
- Only about 200 million of the 1.8 billion websites are active.
- Around 32 million blogs are active monthly in the United States alone.
- The most shared blogs are the ones that are 3000-10,000 words long.
- Blogs are the second-leading type of media used in content marketing today.
- Your Articles will enjoy 2X more traffic if it contains one or more lists.
- Every year, around 2.5 million blog pieces are published.
- 80% of internet users in the U.S. interact with blogs.
Blogging SEO Statistics 2023
- 1 in 10 blog posts are compounding.
- 12.3% of search queries contain a featured snippet.
- 18% of searchers change their search terms without clicking on any result.
- 21% of users access more than one of the search results.
- 25% of small business websites don’t have an H1 tag.
- 42% of SEO professionals devote equal time to building internal and external links.
- Around 50% of bloggers are not worried about SEO.
- 50% of search queries contain 4 or more words.
- 61% of Google searches are done via mobile devices.
- 62% of Millennial and Gen Z consumers want visual search capability more than any other emerging technology.
- 75% of users don’t even scroll past the first page of the SERPs (search engine results pages).
- Articles that use the H1, H2, or H3 header tag have better performance.
- 82% of smartphone shoppers conduct “near me” searches.
- 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
- A half of Google searches get no clicks at all.
- 46% of Google searches have local intent.
- almost half of all clicks on the SERPs go to the top 3 listings
- Approximately 500-600 changes to Google search algorithms are presented every year.
- compounding blog post generates as much traffic as 6 regular posts combined. it generates 38% of all blog traffic.
- Google holds over 85.5% of the search engine market share.
- If done right, SEO can drive a 14.6% conversion rate.
- Blog content with visuals attracts about 94% more views than articles without visuals.
- Mobile searches for “where to buy” + “near me” have grown by over 200%.
- Mobile will dominate online sales, driving 54% of them.
- On average, Google receives over 102,249 search queries every second.
- Over 7.8 billion searches are performed on Google every day.
- once you publish 24-51 blog posts, blog traffic increases by up to 30%.
- Repurposing content can increase organic traffic by 106%.
- Search queries of the “__ to avoid” format has increased by 150%. while the query “ is ___ worth it” has risen by 80% in recent years.
- blog posts with over 2,500 words earned the most links
- The ideal load time on mobile devices is between 1 and 2 seconds.
- Strong results are produced by 40% of bloggers who always perform keyword research
- The number of US search engine users is estimated at over 239 million.
- The SEO industry is worth over $80 billion.
- Up to 20% of Google queries are searched for the first time.
- the number of domains pointing to a particular page (as well as your overall site) correlated in higher rankings.
Blogger Challenges Statistics 2023
- 16.4% found starting a blog to be cost-prohibitive.
- 34% said the time required to set it up and create content was their biggest issue.
- 35.8% of the respondents said generating content ideas, including keyword research, was their biggest barrier to entry.
- 61% of marketers see generating traffic and leads as their top challenge.
- Creativity is one of the words usually associated with style publishers but even the most creative person sometimes might face a block.
- Finding the right topic for your blog website is the very first and probably most important step in blogging.
- 14% found setting up hosting and the CMS or blogging platform a challenge.
- quality content is the biggest weapon when attracting readers and trying to keep their attention.
- your writing style might become a blogger problem if it’s too dull, monotonous, academic or something along those lines.
Blog Reader Behavior and Consumption Statistics 2023
- 60% of people on the internet read blogs. 49% blog up to six times a week, while 11% read them daily.
- Internet users comment 77 million times a month on blogs.
- 25% of people use ad-blocking software on their devices.
- 30% of consumers rate quality content as the top factor that adds credibility to a blog.
- 33% of people would read a blog that teaches them how to do something new.
- 39% of consumers find poorly written blog posts annoying.
- 43% of consumers skim blog articles.
- 47% of buyers view 3-5 pieces of content before making a purchase decision.
- 53% of visitors would leave a blog if the images on the page wouldn’t load.
- 55% of blog visitors read articles for 15 seconds or less.
- 59% of 55-year-olds would want to see more news-type posts in the future.
- 59% of people share a blog post without reading it.
- 61% of U.S. consumers have purchased something after reading a recommendation on a blog.
- 62% of consumers spend a lot of time on video blogs.
- 62% of marketers create visual content for their blogs.
- 68% of individuals read about businesses and goods that they are interested in.
- 70% of consumers would rather understand a brand from a blog post than from an advertisement.
- 70-80% of users ignore paid ads and instead focus on organic search results ( “ad blind” ).
- 72% of readers would rather watch video content than reading text.
- 73% of readers think data-rich content is more persuasive.
- 75% of the audience prefers reading blog posts under 1,000 words.
- 94% of people share blog content because they feel it will be helpful to others.
- 95% of buyers go with companies that gave them content throughout the entire purchasing process.
- Between 7 am and 10 am is the most popular time to read a blog.
- Clutter, extended paragraphs, poor quality photographs, difficult-to-read typefaces, and other issues lead 90% of visitors to abandon a website.
- Headlines with a question mark get 23.3% more shares on social networks.
- Internet users devote at least 20% of their online time to content, such as blogs, tutorials, and vlogs.
- Only 40% of blogs are read at night.
- The average reader only spends 37 seconds reading an article or blog post.
- The ideal reading time for a blog post is 7 minutes.
- Web design plays a big role in a blog’s credibility.
Blog Length and Frequency Statistics 2023
- A blog post should contain at least 300 words in order to rank well in the search engines. But long posts (1000 words or more) will rank more easily than short posts.
- Backlinko found the average word count of a top-ranked post on Google is 1,890 words
- 18.4% said writing a blog post took less than 2 hours. Speedy!
- 38% said writing a blog post took them 2-4 hours.
- 29.4% said 4-8 hours was more realistic for them.
- 10.2% said the writing process took between 8-12 hours.
- just 4% said writing a post took over 12 hours.
- 16.4% said they post sporadically.
- Smaller businesses have found comfort and success posting one to four times a week.
- bloggers who do publish daily are more likely to report “stronger results” than bloggers who publish several times per month.
- 14.8% said they are active bloggers who publish content daily.
- In a close second, 25% said they publish blog posts once per week.
- 13.8% said they publish twice a month, and 11.6% publish just once per month.
- Long-form blog posts generate 9x more leads than short-form ones.
- bloggers who invest more time per blog post are more likely to report “strong results” than those who don’t.
- 11+ posts a month is a magic number — it results in a noticeable increase in traffic for both B2B and B2C businesses.
- The more posts you already have on your blog, the more traffic and leads you to receive.
- Companies that published 16+ blog posts per month received about 4.5X more leads than companies that published between 0-4 monthly.
- people stayed on the long-form content page 40% longer than on the average page, and they looked at 25% more pages than the average visitor.
- long-form content also gets more shares on social media.
- Companies with one to 10 employees and 11 to 25 employees:
- publishing 10 or more blogs a month.
- Companies with 26 to 200 employees:
- Blogging at least 11 times for these companies produced about 2.5 times the leads than those publishing three or fewer blogs.
- Companies with over 200 employees:
- The ideal number for this size company was six or more blogs monthly.
Table 1: Blog Platform Statistics
|Platform||Number of Sites|
Table 2: Number of Bloggers in the US
|Year||Number of Bloggers|
Table 3: Number of Daily Blog Posts
|Number of Posts|
Table 4: Popular Content Management Systems
Table 5: Motivations for Starting a Blog
|Building an Audience||16%|
Table 6: Blog Readership
|Find Blogs Credible||36%|
Blog Type and Content Statistics 2023
- 19% of bloggers are now including videos in their typical blog posts.
- 36% of people prefer list-based headlines.
- 36.4% preferred interviews.
- 46% of blog readers are swayed by a blogger’s recommendations.
- 51% of companies find that giving old content a facelift has been a highly efficient and successful tactic.
- 77% said how-tos and tutorials were their preferred content type.
- 60% of bloggers said they prefer to publish reviews.
- A little more than half of all content marketers use interactive media.
- Articles with images get 94% more views as opposed to those with no visuals.
- Case study blog articles are great for lead conversion.
- Images of real people result in a 35% boost in conversion rates.
- In the last year, 69% of marketing professions increased video marketing budgets.
- Readers like visuals (videos, images, graphs, and stats) in blog posts as it breaks up the text and backs up the points you’re making.
- Infographics have grown in popularity in the last year.
- Next up were the 39% who said news posts were their preference.
- 29.8% said they like to publish in-depth guides, case studies, or white papers.
- Posts with infographics are usually shared three more times.
- Using statistics in blog posts improves consumer trust.
- Videoblogs that are three to four minutes long get the most shares.
Guest Blogging Statistics 2023
- 15% of guest posts have more than 100 visits.
- 3% of bloggers write over 100 guest posts per month.
- 35% of guest posts have less than 10 visits.
- 5 of the 70 respondents (7%) pitch to 100 or more blogs per month.
- The guest posting service allows 85% faster guest blogging.
- 52% of guest posters personally write the post.
- 87% of guest posters personally come up with the post ideas.
- 84% of guest posters personally do the reach out.
- 85% of guest bloggers do the prospecting.
- 37% of guest bloggers are staff members.
- 56% of bloggers post for multiple sites.
- 60% of bloggers write 1-5 guest posts per month.
- The most commonly accepted guest posts are from experts and innovators.
- 69% of editors notice they use social shares as a success metric.
- 71% of editors say that editing guest posts takes up a lot of time.
- 75% of editors claim they use time on site as a success metric.
- 79% of editors think that guest posts are too promotional.
- 93% of editors use page views to gauge success.
- Almost 62% of readers believe that posts with multiple authors are more authoritative.
- Guest blogging influences the rankings boost with 5x more weighty backlinks.
- Guest posting ensures an 80% increase in organic and referral traffic.
- Guest blogging allows a 174% audience extension and brand awareness growth.
- Guest content is in higher demand in the summer months of June, July, and August.
- Jon Cooper generated nearly 400 hits from a single guest post on Moz.
- June through August are the peak months for guest blogging.
- More than half of all blogs have guests post every month.
- More than half of editors get content that’s not relevant to their readers.
- Only 6% of bloggers publish the majority of their original content as guest posts.
- Some bloggers publish most of their content as guest posts.
- Starting with a single guest post at Okdork, Bryan Harris built a full-time business generating over $15,000 a month.
Blogging Marketing Statistics 2023
- A whopping 75.8% of respondents write their own blog posts.
- 8.6% have an in-house team that takes care of their content.
- 5.2% of respondents say they hire freelancers.
- Blogging regularly can increase eCommerce by 12%
- 70% of high-earning bloggers actively promote their posts, while only 14% of lower-income ones do the same.
- 74% of B2B buyers share blog posts.
- 82% of marketers who blog consistently see positive ROI from inbound efforts
- 90% of bloggers promote their posts via social media channels, while influencer collaboration accounts for just 10% of blog promotion strategies.
- 91% of B2B marketers and 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing.
- Almost 3/4 of B2B marketers use YouTube.
- Almost 20% of marketers use their company website as the primary channel they are creating content for.
- B2B buyers spend more time reading a blog posts.
- B2B marketers excel with non-traditional blog posts.
- B2B marketers favor social media content (95%) and blog posts/short articles (89%) as their top forms of content.
- B2B marketers use an average of 5 social media platforms.
- 13% of B2B marketers say blog posts are the most effective at nurturing leads.
- 23% of social media posts contain links to blogs.
- 25% of marketers don’t outsource any content marketing creation.
- 61% of B2B marketers meet with content creators regularly.
- 62% of marketers create content primarily for their blog and website.
- 64% of bloggers use SEO in their content marketing strategy.
- 67% of B2B buyers find content that targets product specifications and functionality the most useful.
- Small Businesses that blog get 126% more leads growth than those who don’t.
- Better content can drive traffic to a blog by up to 2000%.
- Blog content can capture 126% more email addresses on average.
- Blog posts are the highest performing when building brand awareness.
- Blog titles with 6 to 13 words attract the highest and most consistent amount of traffic.
- Bloggers are increasing their use of promotional techniques that drive traffic to their posts – including paid ads, the use of which is growing by over 90% year on year.
- Businesses that maintain blogs get up to 55% more visitors.
- Content marketing adoption is growing among B2B marketers.
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about 3 times as many leads.
- Email marketing has a high ROI.
- Facebook is less effective than it was in the past.
- Food blogs generate most of their revenue from ads (66%) and sponsored content (17%).
- For 96% of bloggers, social media remains the most popular way to drive traffic to posts.
- 25% of Social Media marketers republish a blog post on LinkedIn
- Having a blog headline or title consisting of eight words can result in a 21% CTR increase
- High-earning bloggers offer free products and services 700% more often than those who earn less.
- High-income bloggers focus on email subscribers twice as much.
- If your business blogs regularly for 6+ months, your eCommerce sales can grow by 12%.
- Including a colon or hyphen in your title can result in a 9% improvement.
- Lifestyle and mommy blogs are the 3rd and 4th highest paying blog niches.
- Marketers say that the most common measures of success are sales and web traffic.
- Marketers, on average, create content for three audience segments.
- Most B2B marketers use short-form content.
- Most bloggers utilize social media to drive traffic.
- Most web pages get zero traffic from Google.
- On average B2B marketers use 13 different content marketing tactics.
- On average, food and personal finance bloggers make around $9K monthly.
- On average, only 18% of companies’ blog posts are over 750 words.
- Once you write 24-51 posts, your blog traffic jumps by up to 30%.
- Organic traffic increases with social media marketing.
- Over 20% of bloggers use paid content promotion.
- Personalized emails are more likely to be opened.
- Updating and repurposing old content can increase organic traffic by 106%.
- Pro bloggers generate about 42% of their income from affiliates and about 33% from ads.
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
- Snapchat is an effective marketing tool.
- The average base pay a blogger earns yearly is $52K.
Blogger Influence on Consumers Statistics 2023
- 2/3 of people’s main reason for blogging is income.
- 70% of bloggers make no money whatsoever from their websites.
- Most bloggers are in the 25-44 age group.
- Arriana Huffington earns an estimated $250 million per year.
- Travel bloggers charge on average $200 per sponsored post.
- Blogger Mark Manson’s books sold over 13 million copies.
- 55% of bloggers check analytics often.
- 33% of pro bloggers make less than $10,000 per year.
- 12% of bloggers don’t check blog analytics.
- 16.2% make between $51,000 and $75,000 per year.
- 18% make between $26,000 and $50,000 per year.
- 19% of bloggers spend nearly double the time creating a post.
- 2% of bloggers earn a whopping $150k per year
- 28% is the average email open rate for the travel category.
- 38% of bloggers who put in more than six hours into a post got good results.
- 45% of bloggers who earn more than $50k per year sell products/services
- 49% of people look at travel content sites when planning trips.
- 58% of customers trust content prepared by editors.
- 6.6% make more than $100,000 per year.
- It takes time to generate real traffic.
- More than half of bloggers create and publish posts on the same day or the day before.
- Most successful bloggers have an established content marketing strategy.
- Only a small number of bloggers made round-up-style posts.
- The most difficult part of running a blog is having enough time.
Blogging Platform (CMS) Statistics 2023
- According to a recent study, more than 60% of WordPress sites are out-of-date. This is much lower than other CMS platforms, including Magento (97% of installs are outdated), Joomla (85%), and Drupal (81%).
- 14% of bloggers said they use Webflow.
- 16.8% of respondents to our survey stating they use this website builder.
- 2.8% said they rely on Drupal.
- 24.2% of respondents use SquareSpace. W3Techs only reports 1.8% of bloggers using this platform.
- 70 Million blog posts are published every month on WordPress alone.
- English, Spanish and Indonesian are the most used languages on WordPress.
- Every month, Internet users read 20 billion blog pages on WordPress.
- Google is the most-trusted content platform.
- Hacking attempts are very common on blogs.
- Most blog hacking incidents are caused by outdated plugins.
- Several big-name brands and celebrities use WordPress.
- Sponsored advertisements on The Huffington Post earned $14 million in revenue every month. Engadget, Moz, and Mashable are doing something similar on a smaller scale with $5.5 million/month, $4.2 million/month, and $2 million/month, respectively.
- The most popular blog analytics plugin is JetPack.
- There are more than 60 million monthly readers on Medium.
- There are over 496 million blogs on Tumblr.
- Wix has more than 2 million users worldwide.
- WordPress blogs get over 20 billion page views every month.
- Yoast SEO, JetPack, and Contact Form 7 are the most popular WordPress plugins.
The Future of Blogging
The future is bright for bloggers. While we can’t predict what will happen in the next few years, we can take a look at the past and what is happening today to predict the future better.
Is blogging still relevant in2023 and beyond?
The answer is yes. The blogging world has skyrocketed and shows no signs of slowing down. What we’ve found is that longer content performs better in most industries. Longer content in the 3,000+ word range can increase a website’s traffic, backlinks, shares, and rankings.
blogging trends 2023 – Headlines
Another critical component of successful blog posts is headlines. Headlines can make or break your Click-Through-Rate (CTR). Consider making yours longer and ask a question to peak reader interest. When writing content, include relevant headers to increase ranking potential. Well-structured articles perform better and content in the form of listicles, guides, and how-to articles was found to bring in the most traffic and shares.
blogging trends 2023 – the use of multimedia
Another trend we see increasing in 2023 and beyond is the use of multimedia within the content. Articles with images or other forms of media acquire more views and engagement on average. Video content is also on the rise. Video, blogs, and eBooks were the primary form of media used in 2023 content strategies.
Recently, more bloggers have performed original research than ever.
In the past, most published blogs were based on data from other sources or other blogs. Only a few bloggers had the time and resources to gather their information through primary research. However, the trend is gradually changing because many bloggers now prefer gathering their data themselves.
Recently, there has been an increase in the number of bloggers that do their research, create and publish original content, and a decline in bloggers that polish already published work. As of 2018, about 25% of bloggers do their research and publish their original work. By 2023, the numbers have increased, as 42% of bloggers now do their research and publish their original work. Interestingly, bloggers that publish their original research are more likely to provide strong results.
More bloggers are adopting affiliate marketing – blogging trends 2023
Another trend in the blogging industry is that more bloggers are turning to affiliate programs to source their revenue. According to recent stats, about 40% of all publisher commissions in the US come from blogs. Having your affiliate links within your blog posts is a great monetization strategy. However, the competition in the affiliate marketing space is intense; therefore, it is essential to create a reliable strategy and carefully choose your affiliate partners.
Blog posts keep getting longer – blogging trends 2023
Over the years, a clear trend observed with blog posts is that the average length of blog posts keeps increasing. The average length of blog posts increased gradually by 53% between 2013 and 2019. Interestingly, this upward trajectory could continue because many marketers and bloggers suggest that articles should be in longer form. They believe that in-depth pieces should be 3,000 words or more.
The Google algorithm is a significant reason why blog post length keeps increasing. The Google algorithm works in specific ways and mostly ties word count or post length to rank published posts. Beating the algorithm will help your posts rank higher on search results. Most times, the longer the post, the better it ranks. Although it is difficult to say that length of a post is a direct ranking factor, longer blog posts tend to satisfy search intent better and command more topical authority.
The demand for authority blogging will increase – blogging trends 2023
Most companies like to publish their content in high-authority blogs where customers visit them for knowing more details about a niche or topic. Bloggers should develop their skills or master a subject while publishing the content. They should consider becoming an authority in their field allowing people to go through the content.
blogging trends 2023
- If the trends continue, roughly 20 percent of online searches will be voice searches.
- The number of professional bloggers will rise.
- The blogging industry will continue to grow.
- 55% of bloggers gained more traffic since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 37% of bloggers conduct original research and include quotes from experts.
- 73% of high-earning bloggers focus their content on the interests of a specific group.
- Higher-income bloggers are 5.8 times more likely to post case studies and how-to guides than lower-income bloggers.
- Only 15% of low-earning bloggers perform keyword research when deciding what to write
- 49.22% of bloggers write articles that are 500–1,000 words long.
- Blogs with 1,000-2,000 words are more likely to perform better.
- The average time spent on writing a post is increasing by the year.
- Only 29% of bloggers are always using analytics to check their content performance.
- The perfect blog headline should be 6-13 words long.
- Bloggers that publish frequently see better results.
- “How-to” articles are the most popular blogging format.
- 90% of bloggers include images in their posts.
- Influencer outreach is the most effective blogger promotional activity.
- Search traffic is the most important for 71% of bloggers.
- Shorter URLs perform better.
- Lengthier blog posts get more backlinks.
- The most popular blog post style is Odd-numbered listicles.
- “Which is Best” searches are increasing in popularity.
- More than half of all consumers feel better about a brand if it has a blog.
- Negative messaging results in a higher click-through rate.
- The top-ranked search result on Google gets 33% of all clicks
- WordPress blog posts are viewed on average 20 billion times per month
- Out of 152 million blogs on the internet, 76.5 million are WordPress blogs
Blogging Stats 2023 – FAQs
What makes a Blog Post Successful?
Do People Still Love reading Blogs in 2023?
what types of content words are best for a blog posts?
Is blogging going to be dead in 2023?
No! Blogging will not be going to die in 2023! Content will continue to be an essential layer on which marketing messages will be sent out. So, as long as marketing won’t die, the content won’t die. And as long as content won’t die, the mode in which content is distributed to your prospects (i.e. blogs), won’t die.
What percentage of bloggers make a living?
The percentage of bloggers who earn a full-time income is about 5-8%.
Does anyone read blogs anymore?
Yes, people still read blogs today and will almost certainly continue reading blogs for many years to come. In fact, an overwhelming 77% of Internet users report regularly reading blog posts according to the latest blogging statistics.
Does blogging have a future?
The future of blogging lies in social media content because it helps to get more followers. Hence, a blogger should know how to use his/ her content for social media purposes with more attention. This, in tum, gives ways to experience the desired outcomes.
How do I check my blog stats in Blogger?
Log in to Blogger and click the name of the blog you’d like to track. Click “”More stats”” next to Pageviews or click “”Stats”” in the Blogger’s navigation menu on the left of the screen. Both options lead to the same Stats page.
How do you track blog performance?
You can track different metrics to measure your blog’s success:
1. Page Views.
2. Traffic by Channel.
3. Time Spent on Page.
4. Bounce Rate.
5. Pages Per Visit.
6. Returning Visitors.
7. Top Traffic Posts.
8. SERP Rankings.
How do I become a successful blogger?
Top tips for a successful blog Getting started:
1. Find a niche.
2. Write about what you love.
3. Offer value.
4. Focus on marketing.
5. Encourage interaction.
6. Make commenting easy.
What are the qualifications of bloggers?
1. Communications, marketing, or related field.
2. Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field.
3. Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills.
4. Creativity and adaptability.
Can you make a living as a blogger?
There’s a huge amount of money to be made from blogging. Some blogs famously outearn CEOs and turn over millions of dollars every year. And there are thousands of smaller bloggers who are also enjoying a lucrative income and a life of freedom. However – blog monetization is a journey.
Is starting a blog worth it?
The short answer is, yes, it is worth it to start a blog! But it’s going to take a lot of work, so be sure you’re ready to make a long-term commitment
What makes a successful blog?
Effective bloggers are focused and consistent. They write consistently about their chosen subject, and with a consistent voice and approach. Even when they write about something that seems to be off-topic, they relate it back to the niche they know their readers are interested in.
Who is the highest-paid blogger?
Top 8 highest-earning bloggers:
1. Moz: $44.9 million per year.
2. PerezHilton: $41.3 million per year.
3. Copyblogger: $33.1 million per year.
4. Mashable: $30 million per year.
5. TechCrunch: $22.5 million per year.
6. Envato Tuts+: $10 million per year.
7. Smashing Magazine: $5.2 million per year.
8. Gizmodo: $4.8 million per year.
How do bloggers pay taxes?
Be aware that as a blogger, you’re likely to face estimated taxes, something most traditional employees don’t have to worry about. The United States tax system operates on a “pay-as-you-go” basis. Since you don’t have any taxes deducted from your blogging income, you must pay estimated taxes to the IRS every quarter.
Do bloggers need insurance?
“Blogging insurance” is not an established form of coverage, so it is crucial that bloggers have professional liability insurance and other forms of coverage if necessary. Even if bloggers are employed under larger agencies, there is no guarantee that their employer will protect them from liability claims.
How do I copyright my blog?
if you want to bring legal action, then you’ll need to individually copyright each blog post. To do this you’ll need to submit and file an application with the U.S. Copyright Office. You can submit your registration for multiple blog posts at once through the copyright office.
How do I start a blog with no money?
Here are the best free blogging sites you can use to start your own blog today:
What is the difference between a vlog and a blog?
A blog is very similar to a website, where one can find content regarding any topic in a written/text format, along with images, gifs, etc. A vlog, on the other hand, consists of video content published on any topic. There are various blogging and vlogging platforms out there that support both paid and free domains.
What blogs are in demand?
The Most Popular Blog Types for 2023 are Health & Fitness Blog. A hot blog for those who are focused on fitness is the health and fitness blogs. also, you can try DIY Blogging, Sports Focused Blogs, Finance Related Blogs, Blogs about Politics, Fashion Blogging, and Food and Recipe Blogs.
How Long Should blogs be?
Although your blog post length may vary depending on your topic and audience, it is often best to aim for about 1,500 to 2,000 words for articles or posts. Longer pieces seem to do better when it comes to ranking on SERPs.
How quickly can a blog make money?
Most bloggers start earning in a period of 6-12 months of when they start blogging. But that largely depends on the time and effort they put in, and how they monetize their blog.
How much do bloggers make per 1000 views?
1000 page views mean you are getting on an average of 5 clicks per day. Therefore, 5 clicks per day = 150 clicks per month. So if the Cost-Per-Click is $0.20, then for 150 clicks it becomes $30 per month.
Why do most bloggers fail?
Because You’re not creating engaging content. One of the reasons why bloggers fail is that they’re not producing engaging, outstanding quality content. With so much content being produced, great content is the minimum bet for getting in the game.
Is creating a blog profitable?
it’s easier to make money with your blog today, doesn’t mean that most bloggers do. pro bloggers reported an average profit of $138,064 the past year, while amateur bloggers (who made up 86% of those surveyed) made only $9,497.
How do I start a 2023 blog?
1. Choose your blog name and get your blog hosting.
2. Start your blog by adding WordPress.
3. Pick a simple theme to make your blog your own.
4. Add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
5. Write compelling content to create a blog that your readers love.
How much does a blogger get paid per post?
Blog owners with page views from 10,000 to 100,000 a month can typically earn between 2 cents and 10 cents per page view from advertising, which translates to $200 to $10,000 per month. Sponsored posts average around $25 to $750 per post, depending on audience size, niche, and sponsorship arrangement.
How do bloggers receive their money?
There are five main ways bloggers make money: ads, affiliate marketing, sponsored posts, products, and services.
How many followers do you need to make money blogging?
That being said, if you have less than 100,000 pageviews and more than 30,000 pageviews a month, it’s possible to pull in a full-time income from blogging if you really know what you’re doing.
How often should I blog?
Most experts agree that blogging two to four times per week is the best way to see increased traction from your content. This equates to somewhere around eleven to sixteen posts a month, depending on how to set you are on the actual times per week you post new content.
How many posts should a blog have?
To launch a blog that brings in meaningful traffic, I recommend starting with at least 10 to 15 posts. Publish consistently after launch; one study found that having at least 24 blog posts can increase traffic to your blog by 30%, and having more than 50 posts can lead to a 77% boost in traffic.
Who reads blogs and Why?
According to the results of the survey, more people are actually driven to read blogs that teach them how to do something new. While 33% selected this reasoning, 20% said they read blogs to be entertained, while 12% read blogs to learn about news or trends in their job industry.
Can you make 10k a month blogging?
Of course, Many people dream about starting a home-blogging business that earns them $10,000 or more every month. It is a nice round number that many new bloggers see as “success.” A blog that makes you 5-figures per month is usually enough to pay all your bills and allow you to invest in growing your business further.
Does anyone read blogs anymore?
Yes, people still read blogs today (in record numbers) and will almost certainly continue reading blogs for many years to come. In fact, an overwhelming 77% of Internet users report regularly reading blog posts according to the latest blogging statistics.
Is blogging saturated?
So yes, blogging is a saturated market, but you can still rise to the stop when you find your own voice and style. It’s important to get inspiration from others, but remember to always add your style to it. Never feel like you have to deliver the same content as everyone else.
Which is better: blogging or YouTube?
If you’re more comfortable writing and prefer not to be on a camera, you should start a blog. If you don’t mind being on camera and feel confident learning video editing skills, then a YouTube channel is best for you.
Are personal blogs successful?
The success of a personal blog quite often depends on the post frequency as well. That’s because it’s not just about posting good content once and letting it slide afterward. That kind of popularity will get a personal blog nowhere. If anything, it’ll only make it look like its best time has passed.
Is vlogging better than blogging?
Vloggers profit from advertisements through their content on YouTube. In “blog VS vlog”, visual content performs better than written content. Vlogs can do the same job as blogs, but even better. Vlogs can be a great addition to your blog in the form of engaging content.
Is YouTube or Instagram more profitable?
YouTube still dominates because it pays the most revenue to creators. And Instagram is getting close, in terms of importance to influencers.
How can I make $100 a day on the Internet?
Genuine and Creative Ways to Make $100 Dollars a Day Online:
1. Paid Surveys.
2. Freelance Writing.
3. Write Sponsored Posts.
4. Coaching and Consultation.5. Write an Ebook or Sell Another Type of Digital Product.
5. Google AdSense (You’ll need a website – but you can make $100 dollars a day)
6. Create Online Courses.
Do Facebook bloggers get paid?
Facebook – Depending on your niche you can expect to pay about $1 per click to your blog, but there are many variables that can influence how much you will pay.
Can blogging be a full-time job?
Yes, blogging can be a full-time career. However, it takes hard work, dedication, and a lot of time to build up a successful blog.
How do I get 100 a day on AdSense?
To make $100 everyday you need 40,000 Pageviews/day Or, 400 Clicks a day @ 1% CTR and $0.25 CPC. For 40,000 Pageviews you have to produce 500 awesome articles on your website. These pages must attract at least 80 or more page views every day. These articles can be as little as 300 words.
What is the biggest social media platform?
With nearly 2.5 billion monthly users, Facebook is hands down the largest social media site in the world.
How many followers is a micro-influencer?
between 10k-100k followers Micro-influencers are defined as having between 10k-100k followers.
Will Google shut down Blogger?
After the termination of Google Plus, Blogger users are also becoming apprehensive about their position on the platform. However, Google sets the record straight by stating that they don’t plan to close their free blogging service anytime soon.
Is Wix or Blogger better?
A Close Competition, but Only One Winner. Across the board, Wix has proven to be a much better website builder compared to Blogger. This decision is because, with Blogger, it’s difficult to create anything other than a simple blog.
Can you get rich from blogging?
The potential for blogging is virtually unlimited. Well-established bloggers like Ryan Robinson—who runs a blog about blogging—can make upward of $30,000 per month. Adam Enfroy, who started blogging about the business of blogging in 2019 as a side hustle, generated $1.5 million from his blog just two years later.
Which platform is best for blogging?
Best Blogging Platforms CMS Hub for Rich Functionality. WordPress for Themes and Plugins. Squarespace for Design. Wix for Fast Setup. Weebly for Ease of Use. Craft CMS for Customization. Contently for Enterprise Content Marketing. Joomla for Community Building.
Why does nobody read my blog?
Your content simply isn’t good enough. With the plethora of high-quality sources and a multitude of content channels available today, readers aren’t willing to put up with mediocre content, nor do they have to. If the focus of your blog is on track, then take a look at the quality of your content.
Why is my blog not getting visitors?
You are not posting frequently enough. If you want people to become regular readers of your blog then you need to be consistent. Have you noticed that Magazines come out every week or every month? Newspapers come out every day, hail, snow, or shine. Post regularly and consistently and you will build a loyal readership.
Who is the target audience of my blog?
In the context of a blog, your target audience is a specific group of people you’re writing to each time you publish new content on your blog. Put simply, your target audience is the people who are likely to be most engaged with your content and self-identify as having an interest in your blog’s niche.
What ages read blogs?
For all the top blogs, the average reader is about 41 years old, and the median age is 38 years.
Is blogging a growing industry?
Blogging talent is growing. Between 2014 and 2023, the number of bloggers in the United States increased by 10 million. There are more than 500 million blogs out of 1.7 billion websites. Over 409 million people view more than 20 billion pages each month.
How competitive is blogging?
Blogging is competitive, so you’ll need to push your content out on as many platforms to ensure that you’ll get the most eyeballs. Setting up social accounts across different platforms is really important.
What are the disadvantages of blogs?
Disadvantages Of Blogging That You Should Consider:
1. You May Invest Time, Sweat, And Soul And Get Nothing In Return.
2. It Takes A Huge Upfront Investment Of Time And Work
3. It’s A Lot More Difficult Than It Looks.
4. Passion Isn’t Enough.
5. Blogging For Your Business Can Actually Hurt You If You Do It Wrong.
How hard is it to have a successful blog?
Blogging is really hard. You’ll be doubtful because no one knows about your blog, and you are not getting any traffic. You’ll be frustrated by how much time it can take to do the most simple things (like finding out how to install a plugin). You’ll be overwhelmed, struggle, and lose motivation. So you must work hard to get there. That’s at least 6 months of regular planning, researching, writing, editing, sharing, and promoting without seeing significant results.
Are blogs better than books?
The advantage is that books can cull hundreds of different research points to coalesce on an idea, while a blog may organize that information in a more scattered manner. Book writing forces a different kind of thinking than blogging, and that might ultimately be more valuable.
What are the disadvantages of vlogging?
Vlogging’s Drawbacks: The equipment required to start a vlog is costly. To ensure that the movie comes out right, a vlogger needs high-definition cameras, proper lighting, and editing software. The cost of the equipment alone may dissuade you from attempting to vlog.
How do I make money during my first-month of blogging?
Monetizing Through Display Ads. Earning Through Affiliate Marketing. Selling Info Products (like eBooks, Courses).
You should probably plan to publish about three blog posts per week, minimum, to make money as a blogger. Do some testing to see if need to increase your publishing volume. You should also test other factors, like the length of your blog posts.
Is one blog post a week enough?
Most experts agree that blogging two to four times per week is the best way to see increased traction from your content. This equates to somewhere around eleven to sixteen posts a month, depending on how set you are on the actual times per week you post new content.
How much do bloggers earn per click?
Cost Per Click(CPC) ranges between $0.01 and $0.50 depending on the type of keywords attracting the clicks. More than 50% of bloggers earn $0.05 per click in Nigeria. High-traffic websites pull in the highest amount of income with some earning as high as $20,000 per month.
What can I do instead of a blog?
What to do instead of blogging Send a newsletter. Record podcasts. Record videos. “Microblog” on social media (a photo and a thoughtful paragraph) Advertise. Pay for search results on Google. Work on your search engine optimization. Guest blog for other people.
Are 1500 words too long for a blog?
1,000-1,500 words: Depending on your audience, these longer articles can really make an impact on your lead conversion. If you write valuable content, the length is considered a powerful tool to drive organic website traffic through link building, partnerships, and calls to action.
Is a 500-word blog too short?
Blog posts could be successful at 400, or 350, or 300 words, but 500 became a good breaking point where the post was more likely to rank than not, and these were affordable enough to potentially work at volume.
How long does it take to write a 2000-word blog post?
Prolific blogger Neil Patel has noted that he used to spend four to five hours writing a blog post, but after seven years of blogging, he cut that time down to under two hours to write a 1,000-2,000 word post. Kevin Lee of Buffer used to spend 8-12 hours per post but has cut that time down significantly.
Are 400 words enough for a blog post?
A post between 400-600 words is widely considered the “standard” length, and it’s a good middle ground if you’re looking to get more social shares and comments. While posts between 75-300 words can be a great tool for conveying company news or generating discussions, the truth is they’re terrible for SEO.
Do all blog posts need to be at least 300 words?
A blog post should be well over the minimum of 300 words to cover the topic adequately— at least 1,000 words. Longer blog posts need to contain actionable information that will help their readers solve problems.
Can you write 2 000 words in a day?
In sum, there is really no reason why anyone can’t write 2000 words a day. That said, it’s important to take care of your health during the process. Get up regularly, stretch, and don’t forget to those other rhythms: eating and sleeping. No point writing a book you’ll never read.
How much does a 1000-word blog cost?
$200-$500 One thousand words is a typical length for a blog and are considered mid-length web content. For a 1,000-word article, a typical rate would be $200-$500, but it could range much lower or higher based on the factors mentioned above.
How long is 800-word blog?
Writing Time by Word Counts Word Count Slow (5 wpm) Average (40 wpm) 500 words 100 minutes 12.5 minutes 600 words 120 minutes 15.0 minutes 750 words 150 minutes 18.8 minutes 800 words 160 minutes 20.0 minutes 19 more rows
How long is a 7 minute read?
around 1,600 words And in terms of word count, a 7-minute read comes in around 1,600 words.
How long should it take to write 500 words?
Writing 500 words will take about 12.5 minutes for the average writer typing on a keyboard and 25 minutes for handwriting. However, if the content needs to include in-depth research, links, citations, or graphics such as for a blog article or high school essay, the length can grow to 1.7 hours.
Can an article be too long for SEO?
Yoast SEO’s content analysis checks the text length of your post. We advise writing more than 300 words for regular posts or pages, while product descriptions should be over 200 words. Why is that? A higher word count helps Google better understand what your text is about.
How many pages are 2000 words?
4 pages 2,000 words is 4 pages single spaced, 8 pages double spaced. 2,500 words is 5 pages single spaced, and 10 pages double-spaced.
How long does it take to write 2500 words?
Writing 2,500 words will take about 1 hour for the average writer typing on a keyboard and 2.1 hours for handwriting. However, if the content needs to include in-depth research, links, citations, or graphics such as for a blog article or high school essay, the length can grow to 8.3 hours.
What should my first blog post be about?
Introduce yourself Particularly if you have an interesting backstory about your company or how you developed your product, it’s great to share it with the audience. People respond to authenticity and real stories. Your first blog post is a great time to open up with a “Welcome” theme.
How do I get my blog seen?
#1: Use Email Outreach to Promote Your Blog.
#2: Connect With Other Bloggers.
#3: Acquire Referral Traffic.
#4: Write With SEO in Mind.
#5: Guest Post for Other Blogs.
#6: Leverage Social Media (while you still can)
#7: Publish Original Content.
#8: Grow Your Email List.
How do I know my blog ranking?
To check your blog ranking, you can use SEMRush’s powerful Organic Research tool. Simply copy and paste your blog’s domain name into the field provided and hit the Search button. This will automatically pull up a detailed list of all of the keywords your domain is ranking for. Dec 1, 2021
How much does SEO cost?
The average cost for project-based SEO services ranges from $1,000 to $1 million and up. Smaller companies using local SEO could spend roughly $1,000 a month per project. Larger, enterprise-level companies can expect to pay millions of dollars a month.
What does SERP mean?
search engine results page A search engine results page (SERP) is the list of results that a search engine returns in response to a specific word or phrase query.
How long does it take to write a 1200-word blog?
Writing 1,200 words will take about 30 minutes for the average writer typing on a keyboard and 1 hour for handwriting. However, if the content needs to include in-depth research, links, citations, or graphics such as for a blog article or high school essay, the length can grow to 4 hours.
Can I write 2000 words in 4 hours?
Writing 2,000 words will take about 50 minutes for the average writer typing on a keyboard and 1.7 hours for handwriting. However, if the content needs to include in-depth research, links, citations, or graphics such as for a blog article or high school essay, the length can grow to 6.7 hours.
How much should a beginner freelance writer charge?
A fair freelance writer rate by the word: ranges between. 20 cents for newbies, and $1 for experienced writers. A fair freelance writer rate by the hour: ranges from $30 for beginners to over $100 an hour for experienced writers.
Is a blog like a journal?
Blogs can be used for more engaging content than text-based. A Journal is intended to be used as a personal space for self-reflection or private communication with the instructor. Instructor comments can help students refine their ideas. Individual projects, specifically using multi-media, links, etc.
What is the difference between blogging and guest blogging?
Blog Posting is you posting on your own blog and Guest blogging is writing an article to be published on someone else’s blog.
Is Guest blogging paid?
In the paid guest posting, you get paid for writing a guest post, whereas when you buy links, you pay to the linking site. In other words: It has nothing to do with a clash with Google’s link-building guidelines.
Is Guest blogging good?
The short answer is again yes. As long as the blogger is discerning and willing to spend time sorting — and editing — posts from outside sources, then guest blogging can be a great source of valuable content for a blogger’s audience.
What is guest blog marketing?
Guest blogging is a content marketing tactic that involves writing and publishing one or more articles for other websites. These articles include your byline and, oftentimes, are highlighted by the editor of that website (or publication) as being written by a “guest author” or a “contributor”.
What is guest post price?
So, the answer to, ‘How much does guest blogging service cost’ is – there’s no typical rate. You can easily find someone willing to charge $50 for a published guest post – and on the other hand, someone else who charges in excess of $300 to publish guest post.
Are guest posts worth it?
Marketers have frequently turned to guest posts to acquire backlinks and bolster brand authority, all with the overall goal of increased Google rankings. In the past, securing a guest posting opportunity played a significant role in generating referral traffic, growing brand awareness, and boosting domain authority.
Is guest blogging good for SEO?
Guest blogging as an SEO strategy is extremely effective. Not only does creating guest content on other sites help your SEO, it also exposes your content/brand to a new audience as well as providing backlinks to your website.
How do guest posts work?
A Guest Post is a an article written and posted on someone else’s blog. When you write something on your own blog its just a “post”, but on someone else’s blog the writer is a ‘guest’.
How do I learn guest posting?
With that, here are the steps:
Step #1: Find Guest Post Targets.
Step #2: Get Your Guest Post Ready.
Step #3: Send Your Pitch.
Step #4: Write Your Guest Post.
Step #5: Follow Up.
What are guest blogging services?
Guest posting/blogging services is a white hat link building technique that is one of the most genuine SEO strategies. It is an interesting concept where you write a blog and post it on someone else’s site. It offers mutual benefits for guest bloggers and the website hosting the guest blogs.
Why is guest blog important?
Guest blogging offers a number of benefits for any business. By sharing your expertise on other companies’ websites, you can establish yourself as an authority figure within your market, build relationships with other thought leaders in your field and expose your brand to an entirely new audience.
How do guest bloggers find opportunities?
Here are the seven best ways to find guest blogging opportunities to get your list started:
1. Google Search Operators.
2. Prolific Guest Bloggers.
3. Competitor Backlinks.
4. Social Searches.
5. Target Guest Post Sites.
6. Buy Them (from a trusted vendor)
7. Join (+ contribute) to online communities.
How much we can earn from guest posting?
Yes, you earn money when someone else provides you with free content! They promise up to $750 per month in earnings, based on a rate of $15 per article and a maximum of 50 posts per month. This is a flat rate, regardless of the size of your site.
How do I accept guest posts?
6 Things You Must Do Before You Ever Accept Guest Posts:
1. Figure Out Your Goals.
2. Create Guest Posting Guidelines.
3. Highlight Your Stats.
4. Create a Plan for Promoting Guest Posts.
5, Make Sure the Content on Your Home Page Is the Best You Have to Offer.
6. Give Your Social Media Presence a Boost.
How do I publish a guest blog?
If you want to maximize your chances for success, the following guest blogging guide will walk you through the most important steps to take.
Step 1: Decide on a goal for your guest post.
Step 2: Choose your target blog.
Step 3: Develop a proposal.
Step 4: Write and submit your guest post.
Step 5: Promote the published post.
How long should a guest post be?
Guest posts that go viral are often in the 1000-1500 word range. Long enough to make a point, but not so long that people get bored. Long enough to agree or disagree with and share on social, but not so short that you feel cheated by a catchy headline.
How can I be a guest blogger for free?
Miska.co.in is one of the more popular free guest posting sites for authors and publishers to post their guest post with backlinks. the website has Health, Technology, Business, Education, niche with fine worldwide traffic which helps authors to rank their keywords and traffic on keywords.
What is niche in guest posting?
The main difference between niche edits and guest posts is that niche edits are backlinks inserted into aged articles (with pre-existing backlink profiles) that are already indexed by Google. Niche edits are kind of like guest posts without the hassle of publishing a new blog post.
What are Gbob sites?
Starting off, GBOB stands for “Guest Blogging Outreach Business”. GBOB Sites are websites that are mainly designed for guest post selling. GBOB sites are identical to other real sites; however, their purpose is very different.
Does Google allow guest posting?
Google Is Not Penalizing for Guest Posts, But that’s not the case with guest posts. Mueller’s comments about guest post link building are a continuation of the discussion that began with his warnings about SEMRush’s guest article link building outreach service.
As you can see from these statistics, blogging is very much alive and still relevant today.
Blogs used to be personal journals. Now they are online media worth millions.
A blog can turn its owner into an online celebrity. Or it can boost a company’s website traffic and convert users into buyers.
It’s a powerful marketing tool and an information source. It’s what the audience is looking for.
I hope that these blogging statistics will help you make better use of your blog.
Before you go, why not check out some of our guides to help you start or improve your blog