Fleet management is the process of optimizing the use of a company’s vehicles to ensure efficient, cost-effective, and safe operations. Fleet tracking is a crucial component of fleet management, providing real-time visibility into the location, speed, and status of vehicles.
In this blog post, we will explore fleet tracking statistics that highlight the benefits of implementing a fleet tracking system.
Key Fleet Tracking Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- 75% of companies that implement fleet tracking technology report increased efficiency.
- Fleet tracking can reduce fuel consumption by up to 20%.
- On average, businesses save 15 minutes per vehicle per day with fleet tracking.
- 60% of businesses using fleet tracking have reported reduced maintenance costs.
- A 10% reduction in idling time can result in fuel savings of up to 8%.
- Companies with 100 vehicles can save up to $400,000 per year with fleet tracking.
- Fleet tracking can reduce the average speed of vehicles by 5-7 mph, reducing the risk of accidents.
- With fleet tracking, companies report a 50% reduction in dispatch time.
- An average of 20% improvement in customer satisfaction is reported by businesses using fleet tracking.
- Over 50% of businesses report improved compliance with regulations and industry standards with fleet tracking.
Key Benefits of Fleet Tracking
- With fleet tracking, dispatchers can identify the closest vehicle to a job site, reducing response time and increasing productivity.
- Fleet tracking systems can help improve the utilization of vehicles, reducing the number of idle vehicles and increasing the number of deliveries per day.
- Improved route planning and optimization through the use of fleet tracking data can lead to faster, more efficient delivery times and lower fuel costs.
- Fleet tracking systems can provide real-time alerts in the case of sudden stops or accidents, allowing for quicker response times.
- Fleet tracking data can help identify and improve dangerous driving behaviors, such as excessive speeding and sudden braking.
- GPS tracking can help ensure that vehicles are being used for work purposes only, reducing the risk of after-hours personal use.
- Fleet tracking can help reduce fuel costs by identifying inefficiencies in routes and improving vehicle utilization.
- Automated reports and alerts can help identify and prevent costly vehicle maintenance issues before they become major problems.
- Real-time visibility into the location and status of vehicles can reduce the need for manual check-ins and reduce the time spent searching for missing vehicles.
Fleet Tracking Statistics
A. Fleet Tracking Usage Statistics
|Feature||Percentage of Fleets using|
|Preventing driver fatigue/exhaustion||30%|
B. Fleet Tracking Market Statistics
|Growth rate of dual mode communication type||Over 25%|
|Market share of Light Commercial Vehicle segment||Over 60% in 2018|
|Growth rate of Heavy Commercial Vehicle segment||Over 25%|
|Market share of cellular vehicle tracking devices||Over 40% in 2018|
|Market share of transportation & logistics application segment||Over 30% in 2018|
|Growth rate of emergency services segment||Over 25% during forecast period|
|Growth rate of Europe vehicle tracking device market||Over 17% during forecast period|
|Market share of wired vehicle tracking devices by 2025||Over 50%|
|CAGR of global field service management market from 2021 to 2030||19.7%|
|Global market for field service management in 2020||$4,005.00 million|
|Average growth of field service management software industry in the US from 2017 to 2023||13.0%|
|Market share of cybersecurity segment||84%|
|Percentage of country’s goods transported by the trucking market||70%|
|Value of global fleet management market in 2020||$19.47 billion|
|Projected value of global fleet management market by 2030||$52.50 billion|
|CAGR of global fleet management market from 2021 to 2030||10.6%|
|Value of Africa vehicle tracking system market in 2019||$8.99 million|
|Projected value of Africa vehicle tracking system market by 2027||$26.53 million|
|CAGR of Africa vehicle tracking system market from 2020 to 2027||14.9%|
C. Fleet Tracking Software Statistics
|Fleets reporting reduced fuel costs||55%|
|Fleets reporting fewer safety incidents||42%|
|Percentage of GPS tracking users reporting a positive ROI||62%|
|Percentage of respondents using GPS fleet tracking software in 2020||72%|
|Percentage of fleet managers considering customer information & job details as most important feature of FSM software||61%|
|Key features of FSM software||Handle changing priorities (64%), accelerate software delivery (64%), boost team productivity (47%)|
D. Fleet Tracking Adoption Statistics
|Growth rate of wireless vehicle tracking device market||Over 20% during forecast period|
|Percentage of fleets using telematics||86% (up from 48% two years ago and 82% in 2018)|
- 70% of fleet managers believe that fleet tracking has a positive impact on their business.
- 60% of small fleet managers use fleet tracking systems to manage their vehicles.
- 85% of large fleet managers use fleet tracking systems to manage their vehicles.
- Fleet tracking systems can increase delivery efficiency by up to 10%.
- Improved route planning through the use of fleet tracking data can reduce delivery times by 15%.
- The average fuel savings from implementing a fleet tracking system is 12%.
- 75% of fleet managers believe that fleet tracking has improved driver safety.
- 85% of fleet managers believe that fleet tracking has reduced the number of accidents.
- 90% of fleet managers believe that fleet tracking has improved compliance with safety regulations.
- The average return on investment for fleet tracking systems is 1 year.
- Fleet tracking can reduce maintenance costs by up to 20%.
- Implementing a fleet tracking system can reduce fuel costs by up to 15%.
In conclusion, fleet tracking is a powerful tool for improving the productivity, safety, and cost-effectiveness of fleet operations. By providing real-time visibility into the location, speed, and status of vehicles, fleet tracking systems can help companies make informed decisions, improve driver safety, and reduce costs. As these 100 fleet tracking statistics demonstrate, the benefits of fleet tracking are clear and substantial, making it an essential component of any successful fleet management strategy.