You may lose 60% of your prospect if your headline isn’t effective
if you can’t affect your prospects from just the headline, this is a significant loss. many bloggers spend a lot of time just perfecting their copy headline
Here are 8 steps to use to make a powerful headline that can smash results
- Does it feature your article’s biggest benefit? (The #1 most important rule.)
- Is it significantly larger than your body copy? Boldfaced too?
- Is it powerful enough to get people to read your body copy?
- Does it make some kind of offer?
- Is it authoritative, and not wimpy?
- Is the headline set in initial caps? (This Is Initial Caps.) Use ALL CAPS only if your headline is short—about four to five words or so.
- Is it in quotes? This can boost reading by 25 percent.