In today’s data-driven world, storage and management of data is one of the most critical components of any business.
With the growth of cloud computing, companies are increasingly turning towards hybrid cloud storage solutions to address their data storage and management needs.
In this blog post, we will look at hybrid cloud storage statistics that demonstrate the growing importance of this technology in the business world.
Key Hybrid Cloud Storage Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- By 2022, more than 90% of enterprises will rely on a hybrid cloud environment to meet their infrastructure needs.
- Hybrid cloud growth will reach $53.3 billion in 2021 from $28.1 billion in 2019.
- 93.7% of organizations agree cloud is critical to their immediate business needs for increasing growth rate, while 88.4% think it to be critical for future business needs.
- The median enterprise reported a 15% or more reduction in time to market as a result of hybrid cloud investments.
- 93 percent of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy; 87 percent have a hybrid cloud strategy.
- 85% of organizations expect to have the majority of their workloads on the cloud by 2020.
- 72 percent of respondents in a group survey described their cloud strategy as hybrid-first or on-premises-first.
- 58 percentage of enterprise workloads that enterprise workloads are on or are expected to be on hybrid or private cloud.
- 83% of IT leaders said that enterprise open source has been useful in their organization’s ability to take advantage of cloud architectures.
- North America is the largest region in the global cloud services market, accounting for 61% of the market in 2020 followed by western Europe with 21% of the global cloud services market. Africa was the smallest region in the global cloud services market.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Statistics
Table 1: Hybrid Cloud Adoption Statistics
|Companies opt for cloud services to access data from anywhere||42%|
|Companies opt for cloud services to enable better flexibility||37%|
|Businesses that will move to multiple hybrid clouds by 2021||98%|
|Cost-effectiveness as the biggest driver of hybrid cloud adoption||–|
|Enterprises moving to hybrid model due to security concerns||67%|
|Private cloud users shifting to hybrid model due to high costs||46%|
|Enterprises that believe interoperability is the primary benefit||18.8%|
|Leading cloud service provider (first to third place)||AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud|
|Businesses open to moving sensitive data to the cloud||More than 50%|
Table 2: Hybrid Cloud Challenges Statistics
|Enterprises that believe app integration is a major challenge||51%|
|Biggest challenge with hybrid cloud is optimizing existing use||73%|
|Challenge of migrating more workloads to cloud||61%|
|Expanding use of containers as a challenge||51%|
|Enterprises that wish for improvements in security and risk reduction||13%|
|Biggest challenge with hybrid cloud platform||34%|
|Enterprises that relegate security and compliance to ‘being a factor’||3.1%|
|Enterprises that say security and compliance is not important||0.6%|
Table 3: Hybrid Cloud Spend Statistics
|Projected cloud market revenue by end of 2026||$522 billion|
|Companies that look for a detailed bill with grouping, sorting, and filtering||54%|
|Enterprises that already have a central cloud team or cloud data center of excellence||66%|
|Enterprises that spend more than $12 million on the cloud||36%|
|SMBs that spend up to $600,000 annually on the cloud||37%|
|Enterprises that benefit from lower annual operating expenses||11%|
- By 2025, the global hybrid cloud market is projected to reach $171.93 billion, growing at a CAGR of 20.3%. (Source: MarketsandMarkets)
- 72% of businesses use hybrid cloud storage solutions. (Source: Flexera)
- The average number of clouds used by an enterprise is 4.8. (Source: Flexera)
- The hybrid cloud market is expected to grow at a rate of 18.73% from 2020 to 2027. (Source: Mordor Intelligence)
- The global hybrid cloud storage market was valued at $39.57 billion in 2019. (Source: ResearchAndMarkets)
- The hybrid cloud storage market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.4% from 2020 to 2027. (Source: ResearchAndMarkets)
- 77% of enterprises have at least one application or portion of their enterprise computing infrastructure in the cloud. (Source: RightScale)
- 43% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy in place. (Source: RightScale)
- The global hybrid cloud storage market is expected to reach $138.63 billion by 2027. (Source: Grand View Research)
- 73% of organizations have already adopted a hybrid cloud strategy. (Source: IBM)
- According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the global hybrid cloud market size is expected to grow from $44.6 billion in 2020 to $128.01 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 23.3% during the forecast period.
- In a survey conducted by IDG Communications, 73% of the respondents reported that their organization was using or planning to use a hybrid cloud environment.
- According to a report by Flexera, 93% of organizations have a multi-cloud strategy in place, and 87% have a hybrid cloud strategy.
- A study by Forrester Consulting found that hybrid cloud storage solutions can reduce infrastructure costs by up to 40% and increase IT staff productivity by up to 33%.
- In a survey conducted by the Cloud Security Alliance, 61.3% of the respondents cited data security as the main reason for choosing a hybrid cloud solution.
- According to a report by Allied Market Research, the hybrid cloud storage market size was valued at $31.12 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach $171.93 billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 22.3% during the forecast period.
- In a survey conducted by TechValidate, 70% of the respondents reported that they use hybrid cloud storage to enable data backup and disaster recovery.
- According to a report by Dell Technologies, 90% of organizations are using cloud-based storage solutions, and 60% of those organizations are using a hybrid cloud model.
- A study by Frost & Sullivan found that the use of hybrid cloud storage solutions can result in a 50% reduction in downtime.
- In a survey conducted by Gartner, 90% of organizations that use a hybrid cloud model reported that it has been successful in meeting their business objectives.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Facts
- Hybrid cloud storage allows businesses to store sensitive data on a private cloud and non-sensitive data on a public cloud.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions are scalable and offer greater flexibility compared to traditional on-premise storage solutions.
- Hybrid cloud storage allows businesses to have greater control over their data, while also benefiting from the cost savings of public cloud storage.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions are ideal for businesses that deal with fluctuating workloads, as they can scale their storage capacity up or down as required.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions offer greater reliability compared to traditional on-premise storage solutions, as they are less susceptible to hardware failure.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Market Statistics
- The global hybrid cloud storage market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 22.5% from 2021 to 2028.
- The market size for hybrid cloud storage is expected to reach $110 billion by 2028.
- In 2020, the hybrid cloud storage market was valued at $35.6 billion.
- The healthcare industry is one of the largest adopters of hybrid cloud storage, with a market share of 17.6%.
- The BFSI (Banking, Financial Services and Insurance) sector is the second-largest adopter of hybrid cloud storage, with a market share of 15.2%.
Benefits of Hybrid Cloud Storage
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions offer greater flexibility, allowing companies to store data on-premises or in the cloud, based on their specific needs.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions provide higher levels of data security, as data can be stored both on-premises and in the cloud, reducing the risk of data loss.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions can improve the reliability of data storage by providing redundancy across on-premises and cloud-based storage systems.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions offer cost savings by allowing companies to store less-critical data on lower-cost on-premises storage systems, while still having access to cloud-based storage for mission-critical data.
- Hybrid cloud storage solutions offer faster data access by allowing companies to store frequently accessed data in on-premises storage systems, while archiving less frequently accessed data in the cloud.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Adoption Statistics
- According to a survey by LogicMonitor, 87% of IT professionals have adopted a hybrid cloud strategy.
- A study by MarketsandMarkets found that the North American region has the largest adoption of hybrid cloud storage solutions, followed by Europe and Asia Pacific.
- A survey by IDG found that 38% of IT leaders plan to increase their investment in hybrid cloud storage solutions in the next 12 months.
- A study by Flexera found that 93% of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy, with 87% of them having a hybrid cloud strategy.
- According to a survey by RightScale, 81% of enterprises have a multi-cloud strategy, with 51% having a hybrid cloud strategy.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Security Statistics
- In 2020, data breaches cost companies an average of $3.86 million.
- A study by the Ponemon Institute found that the average cost of a data breach is $150 per record.
- According to a survey by Fortinet, 63% of enterprises have experienced a security incident due to a misconfigured cloud-based application.
- A survey by Cloud Security Alliance found that the top three security concerns for enterprises using cloud computing are unauthorized access (62%), data loss (50%), and insecure interfaces and APIs (49%).
- According to a survey by Cybersecurity Insiders, 57% of enterprises are using or plan to use hybrid cloud encryption solutions.
Hybrid Cloud Storage Trends
- The adoption of hybrid cloud storage solutions is expected to increase in the coming years, as businesses look for cost-effective and flexible storage solutions.
- The use of cloud-native storage solutions is expected to increase, as businesses look to take advantage of the benefits of hybrid cloud storage.
- The integration of artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies into hybrid cloud storage solutions is expected to increase, as businesses look to improve their storage performance and efficiency.
- The use of containers for hybrid cloud storage solutions is expected to increase, as businesses look for more efficient ways to manage their storage resources.