Today, we’re going to explore some of the most valuable Podcast statistics for 2023.
Let’s get started.
Key Podcast Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- There are 383.7 million podcast listeners globally.
- It is predicted that there will be around 424 million podcast listeners worldwide by the end of 2022.
- As of June 2022, there are over 2.4 million podcasts with over 66 million episodes between them.
- The United States has the most podcast listeners. It is predicted that there are over 100 million active podcast listeners in the US.
- Scandinavian countries have the highest podcast penetration rate.
- One-third of the American Population listens to podcasts regularly
- Smart speaker sales increased by 22% during the pandemic, and it is one the most popular channel to listen to podcasts.
- 78% of the US population is aware of podcasts. Out of which, 28% listen to podcasts weekly.
- 160 million US citizens have listened to podcasts at least once.
- 91% of Australian people are aware of podcasts.
General Podcast Statistics 2023
- There are around 2 million active podcasts worldwide.
- Podcast listeners will account for 20.3% of all internet users in 2022.
- Podcasting started back in the early 2000s and has grown drastically thanks to technological advancement.
- Most podcasts get around 141 downloads in the first month.
- One of the most popular podcasts made $30 million in 2021.
- The number of podcast listeners in the US is expected to reach 138.6 Million by 2024.
- 74% of podcast listeners tune in to learn something new.
- About 13% of weekly podcast listeners are new to podcasting.
- 74% of podcast hosts wear headphones while recording.
- 97.7% of podcasters believe that high-quality podcast content is vital.
- Major tech companies are joining the podcast craze.
Podcast Listener Behavior Statistics 2023
- 59% of adults listen to podcast more often than they use social media.
- 1 in 5 podcast listeners listen to 15-20 podcasts monthly.
- The average person spends around 7 hours a week listening to podcasts.
- 7% of podcast users tune in daily.
- 52% of people listen to the entire podcast episode.
- 80% of users listen through most or all podcast episodes.
- 54% of all podcast listeners are more likely to buy from a brand after hearing about it on a podcast.
Podcast Marketing & Advertising Statistics 2023
- Podcast ads typically cost between $10 and $50 per slot.
- Host-read ads are the preferred ad type by marketers.
- Advertising on podcasts delivers the desired results for 32% of all marketers.
- 64% of how podcasts are marketed is through social media.
- 69% of podcast listeners tout that podcast adverts introduced them to new services and products.
- Podcast ad revenues could reach $2 billion in America by 2023.
- Health and wellness businesses in the United States spend the most on podcast ads.
- Podcasts can engage people who may be reluctant to watch or listen to traditional advertising.
International Podcast Statistics 2023
- South Korea has a high rate of podcast listeners, with 53% of the population tuning in.
- Podcasting awareness In Australia increased by 4% in 2021.
- Podcasts are growing in popularity in Canada, with over 11 million Canadian adults listening to them in 2021.
- Over 15 million people listened to podcasts regularly in the UK in 2021.
- Podcasting is growing fastest in The Czech Republic and Chile, with a growth rate of +85.1 and +83.9% respectively.
- Podcasts are available in over 100 languages, making them a great way to learn new information for anyone.
Podcast Listener Demographics 2023
- In 2021, there were more men (54%) who listened to podcast shows than women (46%).
- 25% of podcast listeners over the age of 55 tune into podcasts every month.
- Podcasts are more popular among wealthier and more educated people with a net household income of over $250,000 annually.
- The podcast listener base is diversifying, with more people listening to podcasts for entertainment and education.
US Podcast Statistics 2023
- US-based audiences often listen to shows from a variety of niches.
- 55% of US podcast listeners tune in to audio podcasts.
- 75% of American podcast listeners use podcasts for learning new things.
- Over 197 million people in the USA are familiar with at least one podcast.
- The Joe Rogan Experience is the most popular podcast show in America.
- 66% of Americans who listen to podcasts are white.
- 19% of podcast listeners in America are 55 years and older.
- The United States is the country with the highest number of podcast consumers.
Podcast Genre and Topic Statistics 2023
- 36% of users can’t find podcasts that cover topics that suit their interests.
- The most popular podcast genres are Comedy and News.
- Podcasts that focus on business are better for sales.
Podcast Listener Preferences 2023
- Around 4 in 10 people interviewed about podcasts said episodes are too long.
- The largest podcast category is 20-40 minutes.
- 40% of podcast listeners prefer to hear new episodes every 8-14 days.
- 51.1% of podcast listeners prefer podcasts with studio-quality audio.
- People tend to listen to podcasts more in the morning than at any other time.
- Most consumers prefer listening to podcasts on a mobile device.
- Spotify is the most preferred podcast directory, with around 32.8% of podcast listeners.
- 90% of podcast listeners say they prefer listening to podcasts at home.
- While driving, the radio is the most popular audio source.
Grow Leads and Sales with Podcasting 2023
I hope you loved this post on the ultimate list of podcast statistics for 2023.
As we’ve seen in the stats, the podcast industry is on a rapid rise.
If you were on the fence about getting started before reading this article, We guess the data has shown you that there’s no need to worry.
- To start your podcast you’ll need reliable podcast hosting like Spreaker to store your media files securely. The solution offers in-program monetization, allowing dynamic ad insertions, plus it‘s super easy to use.
- Another exceptional hosting site is BuzzSprout. This solution is free, offers robust analytics features, and can help send your podcast to various podcast platforms to increase your visibility.
If you have any questions or feedback, please don’t hesitate to reach out.