Protective intelligence is an increasingly crucial component of modern security and safety operations.
From government agencies to private corporations, organizations across industries are leveraging protective intelligence platforms to gather and analyze information about potential threats, assess risk, and take proactive measures to keep their people, assets, and operations secure.
In this blog post, we will explore statistics related to protective intelligence platforms that provide a comprehensive overview of the market, its growth trajectory, and its current state.
Key Protective Intelligence Statistics– MY Choice
- Market size: The global protective intelligence market is expected to reach USD 3.7 billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 11.2% from 2021 to 2026.
- Adoption rate: In 2020, the adoption rate of protective intelligence platforms increased by 20% compared to the previous year.
- User demographics: The majority of protective intelligence platform users are government agencies and corporations in the finance, defense, and healthcare industries.
- Threat detection: Protective intelligence platforms are equipped to detect and analyze over 200 different types of potential threats, including cyber attacks, terrorism, and natural disasters.
- Incident response time: The average incident response time for protective intelligence platforms is 30 minutes, compared to 6 hours for traditional security systems.
- False positive rate: The false positive rate for protective intelligence platforms is less than 1%, allowing for accurate and efficient threat detection.
- Integration with other security systems: Over 80% of protective intelligence platforms are integrated with other security systems, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, to provide a comprehensive security solution.
- Cloud adoption: Over 60% of protective intelligence platforms are offered as cloud-based solutions, providing increased accessibility and scalability for users.
- Mobile access: Over 90% of protective intelligence platforms offer mobile access, allowing users to monitor and respond to threats from any location.
- Return on investment (ROI): The average ROI for protective intelligence platforms is estimated to be around 300%, with many organizations seeing a payback period of less than 12 months.
Protective Intelligence Stats
Table 1: Protective Intelligence Platforms Market Statistics
|Worldwide Information Security Market||$170.4 billion (2023)|
Table 2: Protective Intelligence Platforms Software Statistics
|Cost of Implementing Protective Intelligence Program||$100,000/year|
|Decrease in Shooting Incident Risk||50%|
|Organizations that Don’t Believe Threats Can be Blocked||69%|
Table 3: Protective Intelligence Platforms Latest Statistics
|Focus of PI Analysts||Identify areas likely to be exploited and investigate individuals of interest|
|Return on Investment for Microsoft Sentinel||201%|
|Time to Threat Mitigation for Microsoft Defender for Cloud||50%|
|Amelioration of Risks with PI Platforms||50% faster than other platforms|
Table 4: Protective Intelligence Platforms Education and Training Statistics
|Education and Training||Value|
|Education Level for New Jobs||High school diploma, Bachelor’s degree, Associate’s degree, Master’s degree, Doctoral or professional degree|
|Work Experience for New Jobs||5 years or more, None|
|On-the-Job Training||Moderate-term on-the-job training|
- According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the global protective intelligence platforms market is expected to reach $10.74 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 12.9% from 2020 to 2025.
- The protective intelligence platforms market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. North America is the largest market for protective intelligence platforms, accounting for more than 35% of the market share.
- The use of protective intelligence platforms has increased significantly in recent years, with 80% of organizations now using some form of protective intelligence platform.
- The government sector is the largest adopter of protective intelligence platforms, accounting for more than 60% of the market share.
- The need for protective intelligence platforms is expected to increase in the coming years, with the number of data breaches expected to rise by 50% in the next 5 years.
- The healthcare sector is also a significant adopter of protective intelligence platforms, with over 30% of healthcare organizations using protective intelligence platforms to protect their assets, employees, and patients.
- The adoption of protective intelligence platforms is expected to increase in the small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) sector, with the number of SMEs adopting protective intelligence platforms expected to increase by 20% in the next 5 years.
Protective Intelligence Platform Market Size and Growth
- The global protective intelligence market was valued at $2.9 billion in 2020.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 10.8% from 2021 to 2028.
- North America holds the largest market share in the protective intelligence industry, accounting for over 40% of the total market share.
- The increasing demand for sophisticated security solutions is a key driver of the protective intelligence market’s growth.
- The growing awareness of the importance of protective intelligence among organizations is also contributing to the market’s growth.
Protective Intelligence Platform Adoption and Usage
- The number of protective intelligence platforms adopted by organizations has increased significantly in recent years.
- Over 70% of organizations have implemented some form of protective intelligence platform to enhance their security operations.
- The adoption of protective intelligence platforms is particularly high in the government and defense sectors, where security is a top priority.
- The adoption of protective intelligence platforms is also increasing in the healthcare and financial services sectors, driven by the need to protect sensitive information and assets.
- The increasing use of cloud-based protective intelligence platforms is contributing to their wider adoption.
Protective Intelligence Platform Key Features and Capabilities
- Protective intelligence platforms typically offer a range of features and capabilities, including threat assessment, risk management, and incident response.
- Many protective intelligence platforms also offer real-time monitoring and alert capabilities to help organizations respond to potential threats quickly and effectively.
- Advanced analytical capabilities, including machine learning and artificial intelligence, are becoming increasingly common in protective intelligence platforms.
- Collaboration and communication tools, such as integrated messaging and task management, are also key features of many protective intelligence platforms.
- A growing number of protective intelligence platforms offer mobile access, allowing organizations to stay informed and respond to threats from anywhere.
Protective Intelligence Platform Impact on Security Operations
- Protective intelligence platforms have a significant impact on security operations, helping organizations to proactively identify and respond to potential threats.
- The use of protective intelligence platforms has been shown to improve threat assessment accuracy, enabling organizations to respond to threats more effectively.
- Protective intelligence platforms also help organizations to reduce their risk exposure, by providing insights into potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- The use of protective intelligence platforms has been shown to improve incident response times, allowing organizations to respond to threats more quickly and effectively.
- Protective intelligence platforms can also help organizations to reduce the cost and complexity of their security operations, by streamlining processes and reducing the need for manual intervention.
Table 1: Threat Resolution and Identification
|Threat Resolution||Threat Identification|
|Recorded Future users resolve threats 63% faster||Users identify 22% more real threats before serious impact|
Table 2: Causes of Cybersecurity Breaches
|Causes of Breaches||Percentage|
Table 3: Spear Phishing and Cybersecurity Risks
|Spear Phishing Attempts||Business Leaders’ Perception of Risks|
|88% of organizations worldwide experienced in 2019||68% feel their cybersecurity risks are increasing|
Table 4: Company Protection and Breaches
|Only 5% of folders properly protected||86% financially motivated, 10% espionage motivated|
Table 5: Methods of Breaches
Table 6: Types of Malware
|.exe files||(next highest)|
Table 7: Passwords and Breaches
|300 billion used by humans and machines worldwide||Personal data involved in 58% of breaches in 2020|
Table 8: Increase in Breaches
|Increase in Breaches|
|11% since 2018 and 67% since 2014|
Table 9: Public Awareness and Responses to Breaches
|Public Awareness||Responses to Breaches|
|64% of Americans have never checked for data breach||56% don’t know what steps to take in the event of a breach|
Table 10: Ransomware Payments and Malware Delivery
|Ransomware Payments||Malware Delivery|
|Average ransom payment rose 33% in 2020 to $111,605||94% delivered by email|
Table 11: Malicious Email Attachments and Ransomware Detection
|Malicious Email Attachments||Ransomware Detection|
|48% are office files||More dominant in countries with higher internet connected populations|
Table 12: Malicious Domains and Phishing Attacks
|Malicious Domains||Phishing Attacks|
|60% associated with spam campaigns||Account for over 80% of reported security incidents|
Table 13: Primary Infection Vector and Data Breaches
|Primary Infection Vector||Data Breaches|
|65% of groups used spear phishing||30% involve internal actors|
Table 14: Remote Code Execution Attacks and Compliance Mandates
|Remote Code Execution Attacks||Compliance Mandates|
|90% associated with cryptomining||66% drive spending|
Table 15: Access to Sensitive Files and Incident Response Plans
|Access to Sensitive Files||Incident Response Plans|
|15% found 1,000,000+ files open to every employee||77% of organizations don’t have a plan|
Protective Intelligence Facts:
- Protective intelligence platforms use data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to detect and analyze security threats.
- Protective intelligence platforms can be used to monitor social media, online forums, and other open-source platforms to identify potential threats.
- Protective intelligence platforms can also be used to monitor employees and partners for security threats, as well as monitor potential physical threats to an organization’s assets and employees.
- Protective intelligence platforms can be integrated with other security systems, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, to provide a comprehensive security solution.
Protective Intelligence Benefits:
- Protective intelligence platforms provide organizations with the ability to detect security threats in real-time, allowing organizations to respond quickly and effectively to potential threats.
- Protective intelligence platforms provide organizations with a comprehensive view of their security posture, allowing organizations to identify and address any potential security weaknesses.
- Protective intelligence platforms can also provide organizations with valuable insights into their security operations, allowing organizations to optimize their security processes and systems.
- Protective intelligence platforms can also help organizations comply with security regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
Protective Intelligence Trends:
- The use of artificial intelligence and machine learning in protective intelligence platforms is increasing, allowing organizations to more effectively detect and analyze security threats.
- The integration of protective intelligence platforms with other security systems, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems, is becoming more common, providing organizations with a comprehensive security solution.
In conclusion, protective intelligence platforms are playing an increasingly crucial role in modern security and safety operations. From improving threat assessment accuracy to reducing risk exposure and improving incident response times, protective intelligence platforms are delivering tangible benefits for organizations across industries. With the market for protective intelligence platforms expected to grow rapidly in the coming years, it is clear that this technology will continue to play a critical role in ensuring the safety and security of people, assets, and operations.