Are you familiar with punch lists? Do you want to know how punch lists can help your business? In this article, we will provide you with punch list statistics that will help you understand the benefits, trends, software, opportunities, and challenges associated with punch lists.
Key Punch List Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- On average, a construction project can have up to 1,000 punch list items.
- Punch lists can take up to 5% of a project’s total budget to complete.
- About 30% of punch list items require rework.
- The top three most common punch list items are electrical, plumbing, and HVAC issues.
- The average time to complete a punch list is 30 days.
- Up to 60% of punch list items can be identified during the final walk-through.
- Punch list software can reduce the time it takes to complete a punch list by up to 70%.
- A survey found that 75% of construction professionals believe that digitizing punch lists will save time and reduce errors.
- About 40% of contractors still use paper-based punch lists.
- Punch list management can improve client satisfaction, with 80% of clients stating that a well-managed punch list process improved their overall experience with a project.
Punch List Statistics
- 86% of construction projects use punch lists to identify and track issues.
- Punch list completion rates are on average 89.7%.
- 60% of projects have punch list items that are unresolved after six months.
- 40% of punch list items are repeat items.
- 80% of punch list items are resolved within two weeks.
|Punch List Benefits Statistics|
|A study by Catalyst and CNBC found that more than 40% of parents feel they have less job security due to the pandemic and fear taking advantage of workplace benefits for working parents could have a negative impact on their employment. |
|Punch List Market Statistics|
|85% of businesses use video as a marketing tool. |
|88% of marketers are satisfied with their ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media. |
|72% of marketers measure likes or comments as social media engagement success. |
|Hootsuite, 64% of marketers either already incorporated Instagram Stories into their strategies or plan on doing so. |
|Punch List Adoption Statistics|
|Proven time and cost savings for field managers Create and close down issues quickly and effectively to ensure quality control across your projects Up to 95% subcontractor participation across projects compared to almost zero adoption for other system. |
|Proven time and cost savings for field managers Up to 95% subcontractor participation across projects compared to almost zero adoption for other systems. |
|Punch List Latest Statistics|
|Novade’s punch list app helps you better manage your punch lists and reduce defects costs by up to 50%. |
|A study commissioned by Envoy found that 66% of employees surveyed are worried that returning to work in person could compromise their health. |
|Nearly half (48%). |
|Employers’ returntowork plans vary by state, industry and organization, and those plans are continually reevaluated according to rising and falling COVID. |
|According to California’s COVID19 emergency temporary standards, employers need to provide employee training that covers how COVID 19 is spread and how to mitigate the spread by wearing masks, washing hands and physically distancing. |
|New York’s current state guidelines limit the total number of occupants at any given time to no more than 50% of the maximum occupancy for a particular area as set by the building’s certificate of occupancy. |
|(For employees unable to work remotely, employers should limit capacity to 50% for all indoor spaces. |
|Gathering places such as cafeterias and meeting rooms should be limited to 50% capacity or no more than 50 individuals. |
|Research by Gallup Inc. found that as of February 2021, the female workforce had shrunk 3.1% over the past year, compared to a 2.2% reduction of the male workforce. |
|Further, 56% of LGBTQ+ individuals surveyed by the Kaiser Family Foundation said they or someone in their household are more likely to lose their jobs due to COVID19, compared to 44% of non. |
|Nearly 75% of LGBTQ+ employees reported that pandemicinduced stress has had a negative impact on their mental health, compared to nearly 50% of non. |
|In the fourth quarter of 2020, only 53% of Black workers in the United States were employed, compared to 57% of white workers, according to McKinsey research. |
|The CDC found that in recent surveys it conducted, more than 40% of individuals reported at least one adverse mental or behavioral condition related to the pandemic, including depression and anxiety. |
|According to the General Conditions, the Contractor prepares and submits to the architect a comprehensive list of items to be completed or corrected. |
Punch List Facts
- A punch list is a checklist of items that need to be completed before a project is considered finished.
- Punch lists are commonly used in construction projects, but can also be used in software development and other industries.
- Punch lists help to identify and track issues and ensure that they are resolved.
Punch List Benefits
- Punch lists help to ensure that a project is completed to the desired quality level.
- Punch lists help to reduce the number of change orders and associated costs.
- Punch lists help to improve communication between different parties involved in a project.
Punch List Trends
- Punch lists are becoming more digital, with many companies using software to create and manage punch lists.
- The use of mobile devices to create and manage punch lists is increasing.
- The use of augmented reality is being explored as a way to enhance the punch list process.
Punch List Adoption
- The adoption of punch lists is highest in the construction industry, but is also increasing in other industries.
- The adoption of digital punch lists is increasing, with many companies using software to create and manage punch lists.
Punch List Market Analysis
- The global punch list software market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2020 to 2027.
- North America is the largest market for punch list software, with the United States being the largest contributor to the market.
Punch List Demographics
- The use of punch lists is most common in the construction industry.
- Punch lists are used in both commercial and residential construction projects.
Punch List Software
- There are many software options available for creating and managing punch lists, including Procore, PlanGrid, and Fieldwire.
- Many software options include features such as photo and video capture, real-time collaboration, and progress tracking.
Punch List Opportunities
- The use of punch lists is expected to continue to grow as more industries adopt the practice.
- There is an opportunity for software companies to develop innovative punch list solutions.
Punch List Challenges
- The adoption of digital punch lists requires a change in processes and workflows.
- Ensuring that punch list items are properly tracked and resolved can be a challenge.
What is a punch list?
A punch list is a checklist of items that need to be completed before a project is considered finished.
What industries use punch lists?
Punch lists are most commonly used in the construction industry, but can also be used in software development and other industries.
What software options are available for creating and managing punch lists?
There are many software options available, including Procore, PlanGrid, and Fieldwire.
What are the benefits of using punch lists?
Using punch lists helps to ensure that a project is completed to the desired quality level, reduces the number of change orders and associated costs, and improves communication between different parties involved in a project.
What are the challenges associated with using punch lists?
The adoption of digital punch lists requires a change in processes and workflows, and ensuring that punch list items are properly tracked and resolved can be a challenge.
In conclusion, punch lists are a valuable tool for ensuring that a project is completed to the desired quality level. As more industries adopt the practice, the use of digital punch lists is expected to grow.