Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) is a software solution used by managed service providers (MSPs) to remotely monitor and manage client endpoints, networks, and servers. As businesses continue to adopt remote work models, the demand for RMM solutions has grown rapidly.
In this article, we will explore Remote Monitoring & Management statistics, facts, benefits, trends, adoption, market analysis, demographics, software, opportunities, challenges, and more.
Key Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- 50% of work can be automated in today’s age.
- The global RMM market size was valued at $2.67 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15.3% from 2021 to 2028. (Source: Grand View Research)
- In 2020, the North American RMM market was valued at $1.05 billion, accounting for the largest market share. (Source: Grand View Research)
- In 2020, the cloud-based RMM segment dominated the market with a share of 69.5%. (Source: Grand View Research)
- 73% of MSPs offer RMM services to their clients. (Source: Datto)
RMM Market Trends:
- The global RMM market size was valued at USD 3.11 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12.7% from 2021 to 2028.
- The North American region dominates the RMM market, accounting for a share of 39.4% in 2020.
- The demand for RMM solutions is increasing due to the rising need for efficient IT management in organizations of all sizes.
- SMBs are adopting RMM solutions at a faster rate due to the increasing complexity of IT environments and the need for centralized management.
RMM Adoption Rates:
- In a recent survey, 88% of MSPs reported using RMM software to manage their clients’ IT environments.
- 77% of MSPs consider RMM software as the most important tool for managing their clients’ networks.
- 74% of MSPs reported that RMM software helped them improve their service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- The adoption rate of RMM solutions in the healthcare industry is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.1% from 2021 to 2028.
RMM Key Features:
- Real-time monitoring is the most critical feature of RMM software, allowing MSPs to detect issues and resolve them proactively.
- Patch management is a critical feature of RMM software, allowing MSPs to keep all devices up-to-date with the latest software patches and security updates.
- Remote access is a crucial feature of RMM software, allowing MSPs to troubleshoot and fix issues remotely without having to be physically present at the client’s location.
- Automation is a key feature of RMM software, allowing MSPs to automate routine tasks and workflows to save time and increase efficiency.
- The use of RMM software can result in a 25% reduction in support costs, according to a survey of MSPs.
- RMM software can reduce downtime by up to 85%, according to a survey of MSPs.
- MSPs using RMM software reported a 80% reduction in the time required to identify and resolve issues.
- The use of RMM software can result in a 90% reduction in the time required to deploy patches and updates.
- The complexity of IT environments can make it challenging to implement and configure RMM software effectively.
- The lack of standardization in the IT industry can make it challenging to integrate RMM software with other tools and systems.
- RMM software requires ongoing maintenance and updates to ensure optimal performance and functionality.
- MSPs must ensure that RMM software is secure and compliant with industry regulations to protect their clients’ data and systems.
- RMM software can be integrated with other IT management tools, such as professional services automation (PSA) software, to streamline workflows and improve efficiency.
- Integrating RMM software with security solutions, such as antivirus and firewalls, can enhance security and protect against cyber threats.
- Integration with cloud platforms, such as AWS and Azure, can enable MSPs to manage cloud-based resources and services from a single platform.
- RMM solutions can help MSPs save time and money by reducing the need for on-site visits to clients’ premises.
- RMM software can automate tasks such as software updates, antivirus scans, and patch management, which can improve network security.
- RMM solutions can provide MSPs with a single dashboard to manage multiple clients, which can improve efficiency.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of remote work models and increased the demand for RMM solutions.
- Improved efficiency: RMM solutions can automate tasks, reducing the need for manual intervention, and improving efficiency.
- Reduced costs: RMM solutions can reduce the need for on-site visits, saving time and money.
- Improved security: RMM solutions can improve network security by automating tasks such as software updates and antivirus scans.
- Increased scalability: RMM solutions can enable MSPs to manage multiple clients from a single dashboard, increasing scalability.
- The adoption of RMM solutions is expected to continue to grow as businesses continue to adopt remote work models.
- Cloud-based RMM solutions are expected to dominate the market due to their ease of deployment and lower upfront costs.
- RMM solutions are expected to become more sophisticated and include artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) capabilities to improve automation.
- In 2020, 66% of MSPs reported that they had seen an increase in demand for RMM services due to the COVID-19 pandemic. (Source: Datto)
- The most common types of devices that MSPs monitor using RMM solutions are servers (95%), desktops (92%), and laptops (89%). (Source: Datto)
- 50% of MSPs offer RMM services as part of a bundled offering with other managed services. (Source: Datto)
RMM Market Analysis
- The RMM market is expected to grow due to the increasing demand for remote work models and the need for improved network security.
- The cloud-based RMM segment is expected to dominate the market due to its lower upfront costs and ease of deployment.
- The North American RMM market is expected to continue to dominate due to the high adoption rate of remote work models in the region.