Today, we’re going to explore some of the most valuable Social Media Marketing statistics for 2023.
Let’s get started.
Key Social Media Marketing Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- There are more than 3.5 billion active social media users today.
- There are more than 50 million small businesses using Facebook Pages to connect with customers.
- According to 90% of marketers, their social media marketing efforts have increased the exposure of their business, and 75% say they’ve increased traffic.
- 71% of consumers who have had a good social media experience with a brand are likely to recommend it to others.
- 21% of consumers are more likely to buy from brands that they can reach on social media.
- 74% of consumers share video content from brands on social media.
- 80% of social marketers say their key strategy is to increase engagement across social channels.
General Social Media Marketing Statistics 2023
We all know Superman is strengthened by the earth’s yellow sun and weakened by a green rock called Kryptonite.
Similarly, did you know that your social media campaigns are powered by statistics and ruined by budget-killing strategies?
In this writeup, we bring statistics related to 8 of the most powerful social media platforms used by marketers across the globe. Each social media section delivers critical social media data such as –
- Demographic information
- Engagement Stats
- Advertising Insights
- Usage Data
- Company information
Use this data to build a powerful marketing strategy and leverage unmatched growth over your social media presence.
Every statistic leads to an answer sought after by beginner and advanced marketers to ensure their advertising budget is focused towards impactful marketing efforts.
Behold these golden metrics!
Facebook Statistics 2023
We start our social media stats writeup with the social media goliath and the most popular social media platform in the world – Facebook.
Half the planet is connected to Facebook every month. If your business isn’t on Facebook, it’s basically like navigating a ship with a blindfold on and your hands tied behind your back. Not the way to control a ship, now is it?
Especially if that ship happens to be your business and with competitors circling and raging past you.
While your biggest excuse might be that you don’t have the marketing budget to invest in the social media giant, here’s something to change your views. How does a $5 budget a day of marketing investment sound to you?
That’s right! You’ll be sacrificing your daily cup of coffee from Starbucks to ensure your business gets a launchpad. It costs just $0.25 to reach 1000 people on Facebook, you’d have to shell out $7 on average to get the same coverage on television.
And add to it, that your audience is dispersed randomly with TV ads, Facebook ads tend to deliver your ad only to audiences that are most likely to buy your product.
Talk about simplifying your marketing efforts.
With 2.6 billion daily users, your ad has the potential to reach half the planet and across the globe in a matter of seconds. Name one marketing technique that can do even half the job that Facebook can. There simply isn’t.
If you want your business to succeed, it’s time to get into the action and formulate a business strategy centered around Facebook. We’ll even throw in the numbers and figures so your time can be better invested in doing the core work.
Our Facebook stats section covers –
- Behind the scenes information on what goes on inside the corporate walls of Facebook
- The largest countries that use Facebook
- The reasons users unfollow a brand
- Is Facebook Live popular over a recorded video
- The number of images that have been uploaded to Facebook till date
- The total watch time that Facebook videos receive
- The number of fake accounts that exist on Facebook
- The popular demographics of users accessing Facebook
- The number of users that use Facebook from mobile devices
We’ve even provided information on the distance between each Facebook user to the next. While it may serve as food for thought, it’s great to know that Facebook has essentially taken over the planet and why Facebook should be the center of your digital marketing efforts.
Let’s not wait for any ceremony. Get yourself a dose of these astonishing stats.
- Facebook was founded in 2004 by founders Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes, it took until 2012 to reach 1 billion users on Facebook. (Britannica)
- As of 2020, Facebook has 2.60 billion monthly active users and 1.73 billion daily active users. (PRNewsWire)
- Facebook reaches 60.6% of internet users making it the leading social media platform. (Facebook)
- 51% of US users visit Facebook several times a day, 23% visit Facebook once a day, and 26% visit Facebook less often. (PewResearch)
- 7 out of 10 US adults use Facebook with 69% of American internet users using the social media giant. (PewResearch)
- 80 million small businesses are actively using Facebook. (Facebook)
- In the first quarter of 2020, Facebook made 17.44 billion in revenue which comes to about $6.95 per user and a 17% increase year over year. (PRNewsWire, CNBC)
- In the US, the average Facebook user spends 58 minutes on Facebook daily. (Vox)
- 74% of US Facebook users come from a high-income household earning over $75,000. (PewResearch)
- The top 3 reasons for users to access Facebook are – keep in touch with family (88%), entertainment (33%), and news (23%). (Statista)
- The best times to post on Facebook is Wednesday (11 a.m. and 1-2 p.m.), the worst time to post are Sundays. (SproutSocial)
- 78% of US users have discovered a product to purchase through Facebook. (Kleiner Report)
- 86.3% of marketers have used Facebook in their marketing campaigns. (eMarketer)
- 98.3% of users access Facebook from a mobile device compared to just 1.7% who access Facebook from a laptop or desktop computer, 19.1% access Facebook through both phones and computers. (Statista)
- Users aged between 25-34 are the largest user base to access Facebook (32.5%), the lowest user base comes from senior users above the age of 65 (4.7%). (Statista)
- Among Facebook users globally, 43.6% are females and 56.5% are males. (Statista)
- 94% of Facebook’s ad revenue is generated from mobile devices, which leaves only 6% from computers. (Facebook)
- The number of ad impressions on Facebook has increased by 37%, the average price on Facebook ads has decreased by 6%, the best of both worlds for small businesses. (Facebook)
- The average Cost-per-click or CPC for Facebook ads is $1.72 across all industries. (WordStream)
- Native Facebook videos receive 72% higher interactions than Link posts on Facebook, 77% of all Facebook posts are link posts while 11% are video content. (Quintly, Quintly2)
- 85% of video views occur with the sound turned off, captions are incredibly important. (Digiday)
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch a Facebook video on a smartphone than on a computer. (Facebook)
- 83% of parents are friends with their children on Facebook. (PewResearch)
- Users aged 18-29 have 300 friends on average, 30-49 ages have 200 friends, 50-64 ages have 75 friends, and 65+ aged users have about 30 friends. (PewResearch)
- In just the 1st quarter of 2019, Facebook has removed over 2.2 billion fake accounts which is almost the total count of active Facebook users. (AdWeek)
- Facebook ads reach 2 billion users across the world. (HootSuite)
- The average Facebook user likes 1 Facebook page, likes 10 Facebook posts, makes 4 comments, shares 1 Facebook post, and clicks on 8 Facebook ads over 30 days. (HootSuite)
- Facebook videos receive 100 million hours of daily watch time. (TechCrunch)
- Facebook users generate 4 million likes on Facebook posts every minute, which is 250 million likes every hour. (Wersm)
- Over 250 billion photos have been uploaded to Facebook so far, with 350 million new photos added each day, which averages 217 photos per Facebook user. (BusinessInsider)
- 60 million businesses have a Facebook page, while 4 million businesses advertise on Facebook, 70% of the advertising is done outside the US. (VentureBeat)
- The average Click-through-rate or CTR for Facebook ads is 0.90% across all industries. (WordStream)
- Facebook’s data warehouse is called Hive – it generates over 4 new petabytes daily. (Facebook)
- The average Facebook user is separated from another user by 3.57 degrees, that’s the popularity of Facebook! (Facebook)
- Although the average Facebook user has 155 friends, they consider just 28% of their friend list as genuine friends, 39% of users say they are connected to people whom they haven’t met in person. (Telegraph, PewResearch)
- Facebook is available in 111 supported languages and is translated into 41 languages, Facebook has a 15,000-workforce dedicated to content moderation and translation. (Reuters)
- Facebook pages with a smaller follower count had a greater engagement, pages with 1,000 likes received 14.21% engagement compared to pages with 1 million likes that received only 11.73% engagement. (LocoWise)
- Parents spend 1.3 times more time on Facebook via mobile devices than non-parents, 70% of parents believe they are more informed with Facebook than their parents who didn’t use Facebook. (Facebook)
- The first 3 seconds of a Facebook video ad provides 47% of the ad value. (Facebook)
- 40. Facebook Live is 4 times more popular year after year, 1 in 5 Facebook videos is a live broadcast. (Facebook)
- 41. 200 million people are a part of meaningful Facebook Groups, many groups build communities related to volunteering, diseases, healthcare, military, emergency services, and suicide prevention. (Facebook)
- 42. 48% of US consumers follow brands to receive discount codes and coupons. (MarketingSherpa)
- 43. 46% of users unfollow a brand for posting too many promotions, while 15.3% unfollow when a brand doesn’t reply to their queries. (SocialMediaToday)
- 44. Video posts receive an average of 89.5 shares on Facebook. (MariSmith)
- 45. Facebook has offices in 70 cities worldwide with 52,534 full-time employees, the headquarters of Facebook is located in Menlo Park, California. (Facebook)
- 46. Facebook has raised a total of $3 billion to support a variety of causes. (Facebook)
- 47. Over 100 billion messages and 1 billion+ stories are shared every day on Facebook. (Facebook)
- 48. The top 3 countries with the largest Facebook audience are – India (310 million), United States (190 million), and Indonesia (140 million). (Statista)
- 49. The top 3 brands (not including Facebook) with the most followers are – Samsung (159 million), Coca-Cola (105 million), and YouTube (84 million). (Statista)
- 50. Facebook posts that include an image receive 179% more engagement than ones without. (MariSmith)
Facebook Key Learnings 2023
- Reach half the planet with $5 a day! This isn’t a dream – Facebook marketing has the potential to reach 2 billion people globally. For every $0.25 you spend, you reach 1000 people on Facebook. Target audience by location, age, interests, and behavior to get the best value for your ad budget.
- Native Facebook videos only! The biggest advantage over linking videos from other sites to Facebook’s own is user engagement. Native videos stop your followers from scrolling away with the auto-play feature and encourage more views for your brand. Don’t forget captions for silent watchers.
- Wednesdays are reserved for Facebook. Posting on a late Wednesday morning between 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. optimizes for the most user engagement. Simply schedule a post and let the automation take over. Facebook is all about maximizing opportunity and the timing of your posts is critical to your marketing success.
- For followers choose ‘Quality over Quantity’. Large Facebook pages aren’t necessarily successful as the user engagement rate falls over 1,000 likes. Having 10,000 followers who are seriously interested in your product is better than having a million followers who ignore your Facebook posts.
- Offer a discount code for organic reach. 48% of people like a Facebook page for a promo code or discount coupon. Making a sale while gaining a follower for life is the dream of every marketer. Since half the planet is on Facebook, cross-platform promotion works wonders for Facebook marketers.
Instagram Statistics 2023
Here’s the most important statistic for your business to get on Instagram today.
200 million people visit at least one Instagram business profile every day. That’s 200 million impressions on average. Your business can leverage a tsunami of impressions by going live on Instagram and turn it into a money-making platform.
If Facebook is the father of social media platforms, then Instagram is the mother. Since we all know that dads love to socialize and moms love to take pictures in the family. However, Instagram being a photo-sharing platform has better conversions overall when it comes to demonstrating your product to users.
A single professional photo is worth its weight as the human brain can process an image 60,000 times faster than words. In marketing terms, the quicker your audience is engaged, the faster they decide to buy your product.
With the Instagram Stories feature, brands can post live recordings, entertaining visuals using the boomerang feature, audience polls, upcoming products, limited-time sales, and plenty of noteworthy business information on a 24-hour time frame.
Instagram is fueled by hashtags. Connecting with your audience that’s spread out over nations is simplified by using the right hashtags. Instagram’s hashtags are a science in themselves, marketers often spend hours researching the top hashtags that are relevant to their products.
To become a genius at Instagram marketing you need the following information –
- Information on where your audience is located
- Knowing just how many users are interested in Instagram stories
- The age group with the largest impact on Instagram
- The most popular reasons for Instagrammers to use the app
- The audience reach of Instagram ads
- The varying CPC costs of Instagram ad placements
- The amount popular influencers charge per Instagram post, video, and Story
With all this data, you’ll undoubtedly reign supreme in conquering Instagram by building up brand awareness.
Have a look at these fascinating Instagram stats.
- Instagram was founded in 2010 by Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger, it was sold to Facebook in 2012 for $1 billion. (CNN)
- In 2020, there are over 1 billion registered users on Instagram with 500 million daily active users. (Instagram, Statista)
- The top 3 countries with the most Instagram audience are – United States (130 million), India (100 million), and Brazil (91 million). (Statista)
- Instagram users upload an average of 95 million photos daily and generate over 4.2 billion likes, on average. (Wired)
- Instagram is set to increase its American user base in 2021 by 4.1%, in 2022 by 3.6%, and in 2023 by 3.4%, to a total of 125 million additional users. (eMarketer)
- In Canada, Instagram is the fastest growing social media platform with a 20.4% growth in 2018 and a 7.3% growth in 2019. (eMarketer)
- 60% of Instagram users have discovered a new product while browsing Instagram while 62% of users have become interested in a product after viewing it on Instagram. (Instagram, Instagram2)
- 1 out of 3 Instagram stories that are viewed come from businesses, over 200 million users visit at least one business profile on Instagram daily. (Instagram)
- There are over 25 million businesses that are active on Instagram, 80% of user accounts follow at least one business account. (Instagram)
- 72% of American teenagers find Instagram the 2nd most popular social platform after YouTube (85%). (PewResearch)
- Instagram was the 4th popular social platform for American adults to receive their daily news, right behind Facebook (43%), YouTube (21%), and Twitter (12%). (PewResearch)
- The gender distribution on Instagram is as follows – 51% of female users and 49% of male users. (Statista)
- 63% of American users use Instagram daily, 21% use it weekly, and 16% use it less than a week. (PewResearch)
- The age group between 18-29 has the largest number of US Instagram users, US adults above the age of 65+ use Instagram the least. (PewResearch)
- The average time spent by an Instagram user is 53 minutes, the average time an American user spends on Instagram in 2020 is 28 minutes. (Broadbandsearch,eMarketer)
- Among Americans, the top popular activates performed on Instagram are – Viewing photos (77%), watching videos (51%), sharing content with others (45%), networking (23%), news (18%), shopping (11%), and promoting business (9%). (eMarketer)
- Over 130 million accounts are interested in tapping on shopping posts on Instagram every month. (Instagram)
- Instagram promotes discovery, 50% of user accounts use the ‘Explore’ option every month. (Instagram)
- The ‘Heart’ emoji has been used 14 billion times and is the most popular emoji in Instagram feed. (Instagram)
- The top 3 most followed Instagram accounts (not including Instagram themselves) in 2020 are – Cristiano Ronaldo (238 million followers), Ariana Grande (203 million followers), and Dwayne Johnson (199 million followers). (Statista)
- Time spent watching an Instagram video has increased by 80% year over year, also the viewing intent of younger Instagram users has increased by 4 times. (Instagram)
- Instagram ads can reach a potential audience of 928 million people. (HootSuite)
- The average CPC on Instagram costs about $1.20, the costliest ad placement is the right column of Instagram costing an average of $4.38 CPC, the lowest CPC of $0.25 was in the Audience Network. (AdEspresso)
- \Instagram influencers are paid between $100 to $2,085 per Instagram post, between $114 to $3,138 per Instagram video, and between $43 to $721 per Instagram Story. (eMarketer)
- 56% of marketers believe that working with micro and mid-tier Instagram influencers is cost-effective. (eMarketer)
- 50% of marketers find spotting fake followers on Instagram as the biggest challenge to the rising cost of influencers. (eMarketer)
- American marketers plan to spend 69% of their marketing budget on Instagram, making it the top social media platform for building a marketing strategy. (eMarketer)
- The best times to post on Instagram are Wednesday (11 a.m.) and Friday (10 a.m. to 11 a.m.), the worst performance is experienced on Sunday. (SproutSocial)
- Image posts on Instagram received 27.55% more likes over video posts. (HubSpot)
- 52.35% of Instagram users have less than 1,000 followers. (HubSpot)
- The average Instagram post contains 10.7 hashtags, however, 50% of Instagram posts have less than 6 hashtags. (HubSpot)
- Instagram images get 23% more engagement than images on Facebook. (HubSpot)
- An average Instagram post receives 14,869 likes – the number stands high due to a high number of public figures and influential users on Instagram. (HubSpot)
- 70% of Instagram users are below the age of 35. (Statista)
- The #ad hashtag increased by 133% between 2018 to 2019 due to the number of Instagram influencers sponsoring content. (SocialBakers)
- An Instagram post can take 19 hours to receive 50% of the total engagement. (ReutersEvents)
- Top brands on average gain 225 comments with 69% of comments coming after 48 hours. (ReutersEvents)
- 83% of Instagram users were influenced into checking a brand out through a friend’s post. (Yotpo)
- 1 out of 3 Instagram users purchase from their mobile devices. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Instagram photos have increased shopping orders by 24.3%. (Yotpo)
- Brands post an average of 27 times in a month, which comes down to posting daily. (Statista)
- 60% of Instagram posts from top brands use a filter. (Contently)
- Longer hashtags received more engagement than shorter hashtags, 21-24 characters in a hashtag got the most user engagement. (SocialMediaToday)
- Sponsored videos receive 3 times the comments than sponsored posts on Instagram. (MediaKix)
- Instagram is estimated to earn $12.3 billion in ad revenue in 2020 and $15.6 billion in 2021. (eMarketer)
Instagram Key Learnings 2023
- Captions showcase brand voice. While Instagram images get all the attention, captions are perfect for scanning through. The recommended length for captions is up to 138 characters. Ensure the important details are included in the first two lines for visibility.
- Only include influential hashtags. While the limit is 30, it’s in your best interests to add about 8-10 to get the best performance without a spammy looking post. If it’s a sponsored post, add a hashtag (#ad) to help identify. Avoid repetitive hashtags even if they are popular.
- Use Stories for Brand Highlights. Due to a short 24-hour period, Stories are perfect as a call-to-action or as an interactive way to interact with your audience. The ‘Swipe Up’ option should include a text overlay, so the audience knows where they are being redirected to.
- Every Wednesday and Friday! Mark your marketing calendar on these days between 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. to ensure maximum reach for your Instagram posts. If it’s a big announcement or a product launch, avoid marketing on Sundays as the engagement rate is at an all-time low.
- Save your ad budget. A video gets you 3 times the engagement rate over a post on Instagram. Instagram ads cost $1.20 on average to give a real bang for your buck. Another good idea to spend your marketing budget is on Instagram influencers, who get the word out for as low as $100 per Instagram post.
Pinterest Statistics 2023
Pinterest has changed the way people search online. Previously, you’d enter a search term on Google like ‘Flower Pots’ and be greeted with search links leading to bouquet websites.
On Pinterest, the user is greeted with a visual search engine known as ‘Pins’ which offer high-quality images of the term. In this case, a wide variety of flower pins are shown to the user.
Since a picture is worth a thousand words, pins require a creative thought process to reach out to your target audience. Through Pinterest, the right keywords on your pins deliver people that are interested in your brand.
In fact, 97% of all Pinterest searches are unbranded. Now that sounds like music to your ears, doesn’t it?
Having people discover brands through pins is a great way to build brand awareness. The more pins your post, the greater your reach. It’s a simple approach but a rather hard one to master to remain consistent.
Up to 500 words of description can go into describing your pins. Remember to use keywords as Pinterest is a visual search engine and SEO matters!
Also, don’t forget to add relevant hashtags, up to 20 hashtags per pin can be added.
Add your website URL or store link to your pin, so interested users can click the pin and be redirected to your website.
Pins are easy to share across other platforms due to their visual nature. Don’t forget to throw in your brand logo on every pin for copyright purposes, personal branding helps you build your brand and profit from it.
For advanced Pinterest users, there’s a feature called ‘Rich Pins’, these organic pins sync with your website and have additional information on the top and bottom of your pins.
We wouldn’t recommend trying out Rich Pins for beginners as it’s got an advanced learning process to it.
Now let’s get to the numbers, the below stats will help you with –
- Knowing the minimum daily ad budget to run Pinterest ads
- The number of users that make buying decisions based on Pins
- Whether Pinterest has more male or female users
- The monthly active users using the platform
- The total number of pins that have been saved thus far
- The number of shoppers that buy a product based on a brand they saw on Pinterest
- The top reasons for using Pinterest
Find out these amazing stats and more!
- Pinterest has 322 million monthly active users and generated 1 billion in total revenue in 2019. (Pinterest, MarketWatch)
- Unlike other male-dominated social platforms, Pinterest is predominantly a female populated social platform with 7 out of 10 users being female. (eMarketer)
- With a daily ad budget of $3 for 10 days, Pinterest can reach a potential target audience of 5.51-5.81 million on a total budget of $30. (Pinterest)
- 90% of weekly Pinterest users make buying decisions based on Pins. (Pinterest)
- Pinterest ranks as the 10th top brand in the United States. (Prophet)
- Pinterest has over 2,200 employees worldwide with its headquarters based in San Francisco, CA. (Pinterest)
- 85% of users access Pinterest from their mobile devices and over 50% of them live outside the United States. (Pinterest)
- In total, over 240 billion pins have been saved to date by users. (Pinterest)
- 77% of Pinterest users have discovered a new product or brand through pins, 98% of users have tried something new from Pinterest and 83% have purchased based on the content seen on Pinterest. (Pinterest)
- Over 2 billion searches are recorded on Pinterest every month, of which 600 million are visual searches. (Pinterest, VentureBeat)
- Pinterest is preferred by 28% of marketers and ranks as the 6th popular social media platform for marketers after – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube respectively. (Statista)
- Pinterest drives 33% more referral traffic than Facebook to websites. (Pinterest)
- 41% of users have accessed Pinterest in a store while shopping for a product, 59% of users use Pinterest to find more information about their product purchases. (Pinterest)
- 78% of shoppers believe that it’s useful to see content from brands on Pinterest. (Pinterest)
- Unbranded searches resulted in 97% of the top 1,000 searches on Pinterest, which demonstrates Pinterest is the platform for discovery. (Pinterest)
- American users use Pinterest for the following reasons – 1. Entertainment (49%) 2. Other purposes (40%), 3. To follow brands (32%), 4. To keep in touch with family (9%), 5. To receive news (8%), and 6. To build a professional network (8%). (Statista)
- 41% of high-income US households with over $75,000 in earnings used Pinterest while only 18% of low-income US households whose earnings were $30,000 or lower accessed it. (PewResearch)
- 38% of US adults that had a college degree used Pinterest while only 19% of adults that had studied till high school or less were on Pinterest. (PewResearch)
- The ethnicity of US users on Pinterest are – White (33%), Black (27%), Hispanic (22%), and mixed/other ethnic groups (18%). (PewResearch)
Pinterest Key Learnings 2023
- Organize your Pins with Boards. Adding a board to curate your pins into their relevant structure gives a nice appeal to users that visit your profile. Pinners will also have the option of following your board and sharing it with their friends for increased exposure.
- Consider a Pinterest Paid campaign. With a low daily budget of $3 per day, Pinterest amplifies your marketing efforts with its inbuilt algorithm designed to target audiences that reflect the interest of your brand. Focus on creating visually appealing pins and leave Pinterest to run your marketing campaigns.
- Long Pins are mobile-friendly.Mobile users are 85% of Pinterest’s user base. Which means Long Pins work the best over square ones. The ideal aspect ratio is 1:2.1 and a resolution of 1000 x 2100 px. This size ensures your pin looks beautiful on smaller screens without being cropped.
- Include Descriptions. While Pinterest thrives on enticing images, descriptions are equally important to let your audience know about your products and content. Don’t go above 350 words of description. A description also adds to relevant SEO keywords that drive user search intent.
- Provide a Website Link. When it comes to referral traffic, Pinterest takes the crown from Facebook. Pins act as a doorway and are the most effective CTA to convert interested leads into customers. Don’t forget to add your store link or website URL to every pin that you create for effortless redirection.
LinkedIn Statistics 2023
The term ‘LinkedIn’ is synonymous with ‘Professionalism’ in the modern-day. While other social media platforms concentrate on connecting brands and customers, with LinkedIn you can connect directly to the CEOs of popular brands in just a few seconds.
Yes! LinkedIn is known for its professionals and job recruitment. However, with so many business-related activities taking place on one platform, it’s a great chance for marketers to showcase their product to potential customers, investors, and partners.
With over 660 million professionals onboard, take your pick on getting high-quality and targeted leads. Since LinkedIn is a professional social platform, your business page must be organized to perfection. It must include –
- Complete company details and contact information
- Personalize your page with updated and relevant information
- Segment your company page into Showcase pages for promoting your brand
- Join LinkedIn’s numerous communities to engage in conversations and promote your brand
- Publish relevant posts with images to spread the word on upcoming products and features
- Connect with other professionals and build your LinkedIn network
While it seems like a lot of work, LinkedIn is highly dedicated to providing high-quality leads compared to other social media platforms.
Now that you have a LinkedIn business page, it’s time to roll out the red carpet and get your network going. Let these LinkedIn stats help you with information related to –
- LinkedIn’s user engagement improvement year over year
- Number of coworkers that engage with each other
- LinkedIn’s ad reach across a global audience
- Number of sales professionals that are active on LinkedIn
- Cost per lead compared to Google AdWords
- The number of skills to add to your career section for optimum visibility
- Referral traffic driven by LinkedIn to websites and blogs
To unlock these insights, take a few minutes out of your professional workspace and enlighten yourself with these fascinating LinkedIn stats.
- LinkedIn is the largest professional network in the world with over 706 million users spread over 200 countries worldwide – North America (189 million), Europe (160 million), Asia (190 million), Latin America (104 million), and Middle East/Africa (61 million). (LinkedIn1, LinkedIn2)
- LinkedIn was launched on May 5th,2003 by Reid Hoffman, in 2016, Microsoft acquired LinkedIn for $26.2 billion. (LinkedIn, Microsoft)
- The total number of daily active LinkedIn users is 310 million. (WeAreSocial)
- There are over 50,000 service providers, 2 million small businesses, and 75,000 freelancers on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- 3 people are hired every minute on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- The community on LinkedIn consists of 50 million companies, 14 million open jobs, 90,000 schools, and 36,000 listed skills which are spread over 706 million members. (LinkedIn)
- In 2020, LinkedIn has achieved a 20% growth in revenue, a 50% increase in content shared, and an 89% increase in live streams. (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn has 33 offices with 16,000 full-time employees worldwide, it currently supports 24 languages as of 2020. (LinkedIn)
- 39% of LinkedIn users pay for LinkedIn Premium, which comes in 4 tiers and costs from – $30, $60, $80, and $120 for monthly access. (CIO)
- The gender divide on LinkedIn is 57% males and 43% females. (Statista)
- 1 out of 3 US adults between the age of 30 to 49 are on LinkedIn, this makes it the largest age group for US LinkedIn users. (PewResearch)
- 50% of US users with a college degree use LinkedIn, while only 9% of those that have finished high-school or less have used LinkedIn. (PewResearch)
- 45% of US LinkedIn users live in a household that earns over $75,000 a year, while 13% live in a household with a combined yearly income of less than $30,000. (PewResearch)
- The ethnicity of US LinkedIn users is broken down as- White (26%), Black (28%), Hispanic (13), and mixed/other ethnic groups (33%). (PewResearch)
- 30% of US LinkedIn users live in an urban environment, 27% live in a suburban area, and 13% live in a rural zone. (PewResearch)
- 57% of users access LinkedIn from their mobile devices, 9 billion content impressions are generated on LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- 94% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn to promote their content and services, LinkedIn is the top social network for lead generation. (LinkedIn)
- After Facebook, LinkedIn comes 2nd as the preferred platform for business promotion for B2B marketers. (Statista)
- 52% of shoppers believe LinkedIn to influence their buying decisions. (DemandGen)
- With millions of likes, comments, shares, views, and engagement, LinkedIn has increased user engagement by 50% with each passing year. (LinkedIn)
- 60% of users are likely to engage with coworkers on LinkedIn over other connections. 95% of working professionals believe in friendship at work, 63% have a relationship with coworkers outside work. (LinkedIn)
- 30% of engagement from a company’s post comes from its employees who are 14 times more likely to share their company’s content over other content, posts from a regular employee are 53% more trustworthy than from the CEO. (LinkedIn, Edelman)
- 4 out of 5 LinkedIn users drive business decisions and LinkedIn users have twice the buying power compared to average internet users. (LinkedIn)
- An ad on LinkedIn has the potential to reach up to 12% of the planet’s population. (HootSuite)
- 70% of sales professionals are active on LinkedIn and close 51% more deals than their non-LinkedIn counterparts. (LinkedIn)
- While 89% of B2B marketers use LinkedIn for lead generation, 62% of them believe that LinkedIn generates twice the leads that other social channels do. (LinkedIn)
- 75% of buyers believe LinkedIn to be the most trusted source of information, the following 5 reasons are critical for a brand relationship – Trust (52%), Personal Relationships (45%), Responsiveness (45%), Quality Improvements (43%), and Value for Money (38%). (LinkedIn)
- The cost per lead on LinkedIn is 28% lower than Google’s AdWords. (LinkedIn)
- The goal of LinkedIn is to have 3 billion people among the global workforce is to be able to connect and develop relationships related to economic opportunities. (Wired)
- Adding a photo to your LinkedIn profile increases profile views by 21 times and receives 36 times more messages. (LinkedIn)
- Profiles that add relevant and updated information like ‘Title, ‘Company Name’, and ‘Time period’ are 18 times more likely to be discovered by recruiters. (LinkedIn)
- Adding at least 5 skills in your career section improves your visibility to recruiters by 33 times and your profile also receives 17 times more views. (LinkedIn)
- 30% of recruiters utilize the advanced search tool and search by location, 40% of recruiters look for a profile with a summary that’s more than 40 more words and with increased importance towards personality. (LinkedIn)
- 50% of social traffic that is driven to B2B websites and blogs comes from LinkedIn. (LinkedIn)
- 1 million LinkedIn members have published a post on LinkedIn, with 130,000 posts being published every week and 45% of readers coming from high-ranking positions like – managers, CEOs, and VPs. (LinkedIn)
- LinkedIn posts with 8 images, 40-49 title lengths, and over 2,000 words long performed the best in terms of shares and engagement. (OkDork)
- 38% of marketers have generated revenue from LinkedIn. (DemandWave)
- 153. 65% of businesses have acquired at least one customer through LinkedIn. (Business2Community)
- 154. LinkedIn has generated 8.05 billion in revenue in 2020. (Statista)
- 155. The average CEO on LinkedIn has 930 connections. (INC)
LinkedIn Key Learnings 2023
- Establish a highly targeted business network. LinkedIn is home to 50 million companies with 38% of marketers finding success. Strike up conversations with relevant clients and connect to your customer base by creating your company page on LinkedIn.
- Provide solutions through LinkedIn posts. Publishing relevant content while providing brand strategies is a great way to expand your outreach. High-value posts are shared among professionals and job seekers. Posts with 8 images, about 2,000-words, and 40-49 title lengths perform the best.
- Increase career visibility. Looking for a job? Fill up your LinkedIn career profile with as much in-depth information. Include 5 highly relevant skills. Add keywords relevant to your field. Join relevant LinkedIn communities to broaden your network. Recruiters use the advanced search tool to find a close match.
- Reach 12% of the planet. LinkedIn ads are 28% cheaper than Google AdWords. Target your ads related to your job title or company for personalized results. Being a professional network, it’s necessary that your ad looks professional with error-free copy and comes with a polished presentation.
- Recruit the brightest of the bunch. With 50% of graduates on LinkedIn, there’s never a shortage of qualified professionals to work for you. Candidates can be reached either through LinkedIn’s InMail or by using the “Sponsored Jobs” feature.
YouTube Statistics 2023
Your first thoughts are – Is YouTube even a social media platform?
Youtube is a place where people come to share thoughts and discuss personal issues as well as global problems.
In fact, it is a place where YouTubers educate other viewers and engage with their subscribers in the comments section. That fits the tag of ‘social media platform’ well.
With 500 hours of videos uploaded every minute, YouTube is a gigantic database of information and a carnival for marketers to promote their products.
85% of businesses have used video marketing as an essential marketing strategy, with video marketing replacing content marketing as the future of brand promotion, YouTube plays a key role for small businesses to gain organic traffic and make serious money.
Creating brand awareness on YouTube is as simple as 3 easy steps.
- Create a YouTube channel
- Produce High-quality and Regular Content
- Promote your videos
YouTube videos are popular and integrate well to cross-promote between other social platforms.
Don’t forget that YouTube also happens to be the 2nd largest search engine after Google. Which means SEO drives traffic.
Writing clear and detailed descriptions and focusing on keywords plays a critical role in how well your YouTube video is ranked for search terms.
Adding captions to your YouTube videos is a great way to allow viewers to watch videos without sound. Hashtags play a key role to label the content of your video. The right hashtags can attract viewers that are interested in your videos.
Logos are the bread and butter of YouTube videos. Ensure your brand logo is visible in all your YouTube videos for awareness. Every YouTube video must request your viewers to engage by likes, comments, and subscribing to your future content.
Finally, to transform into an experienced video advertiser, it’s important to have key numbers and facts to drive your marketing strategy. How else would you know the information to –
- How many languages and countries does YouTube support?
- What percentage of viewers watch videos on mobile devices?
- Which is the largest demographic that access YouTube consistently?
- Where does YouTube rank among the most popular social media platforms?
- How do YouTube ads compare with TV ads in performance and budget?
- Who are the top 3 earners on YouTube?
Luckily, all this information comes at free value. All it takes is a few minutes of your time to take some quality notes on how to conquer YouTube with a great brand channel.
Let the doors of video marketing open!
- YouTube was officially first launched on December 15th, 2005, however, the domain ‘www.Youtube.com’ was registered on February 14th, 2005. (Britannica)
- YouTube was purchased by search engine giant ‘Google’ for $1.65 billion on October 9th, 2006. (NYTimes)
- YouTube first launched its advertising program in August 2007, an animated overlay of the ad covered the bottom 20% of a video. (YouTube)
- YouTube reached its 2-billion viewership mark in May 2010, almost 5 years post launch. (SMH)
- Over 2 billion people log in to Youtube and generate over a billion hours of video watch time. (YouTube)
- YouTube has localized versions in over 100 countries and is available in 80 different languages. (YouTube)
- YouTube channels that earn a 6-figure income have grown by over 40% year over year, the number of channels that earn a 5-figure income has risen by 50%. (YouTube)
- YouTube channels with 1 million subscribers have increased every year by 65%. (YouTube)
- YouTube has paid out $2 billion to their partners in the last 5 years, there are over 9000 partners registered to their Content ID feature with over 800 million videos since Content ID implementation. (YouTube)
- 70% of all watch time on YouTube comes from mobile devices. (YouTube)
- 8 out of 10 people between the ages of 18 – 49 years access YouTube regularly with a 74% growth in YouTube viewership since 2015. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 6 out of 10 people prefer online video platforms over television or live TV, about 50% of viewers below the age of 32 will never subscribe to a TV service by 2025. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- The time spent watching YouTube on television has increased 2 times with every passing year. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- After Facebook, YouTube is the 2nd most popular social media platform with 79% percent of internet users having a YouTube account. (DataReportal)
- 62.9% of businesses have a YouTube channel to promote their products and services. (Buffer)
- 51% of marketers utilize YouTube ads to power their marketing campaigns, 62% of them are likely to increase their YouTube ad spend in the next year. (Go-Globe)
- YouTube receives 62% of ad time attention from its viewers while TV ads receive only 45% of user attention. (Go-Globe)
- 80% of YouTube viewers prefer the YouTube TrueView ad experience compared to the standard in-stream ads. (Go-Globe)
- 50% of online shoppers believe that online videos have helped them decide their products and brands, 90% of users have found new brands and products on YouTube, and 80% of users switch between search engines and video when product researching. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 4 in 5 people believe online videos help them de-stress, learn new skills, and pursue passions. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 55% of shoppers have accessed an online video while shopping in a store, there’s a 110% growth in YouTube videos titled ‘Which [product] to buy’. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- Every minute, 500 hours of content are uploaded to YouTube, that’s 30,000 hours of content per hour and 720,000 hours of content per day. It would take a person 82 years to watch an hour’s worth of content uploaded on YouTube. (TubeFilter)
- 90% of US viewers prefer YouTube as their preferred digital video source. (eMarketer)
- The top 3 earners on YouTube per video in 2020 are – 1. Vlad and Nikita – $312,000 per video, 2. Dude Perfect – $301,000 per video, and 3. Anastasia Radzinskaya – $258,000 per video. (CashLady)
- The top 3 subscribed channels on YouTube in 2020 are – 1. T-Series (156 million subscribers), 2. PewDiePie (107 million subscribers), and Cocomelon – Nursery Rhymes (95.2 million subscribers). (Statista)
- 70% of videos that people watch on YouTube are determined by a recommendation algorithm based on the user’s interests. (HootSuite)
- The average YouTube user is likely to watch 6.5 videos per visit and spend an average of 16 minutes and 31 seconds daily. (HootSuite, Alexa)
- The top 3 countries that drive the most YouTube traffic are – 1. United States (16.4%), 2. India (9.5%), and 3. Japan (5.0%). (Alexa)
- 185. Only 33% of the content on YouTube is in English. (PewResearch)
- 186. 70% of all YouTube videos come from just 10% of channels, also 79% of all YouTube views go towards the top 10% of YouTube channels. (PewResearch)
- 187. YouTube viewers are 3 times likely to pick content related to their passion over a celebrity-endorsed one, and passion is also 1.6 times more important over a high-quality video. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 70% of users engage by commenting and following their favorite YouTube creator or channel. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- YouTube has made changes to their recommendation algorithm in 2019 causing a 70% reduction in videos that represent negativity, fake news, harmful misinformation, and borderline content. (YouTube)
- YouTube is said to see an ad revenue increase of 6.06 billion by 2022, a rise from an estimated 5.21 billion revenue in 2021. (Statista)
- After Netflix, YouTube takes the 2nd spot as the preferred digital medium for television viewers with over 250 million watch hours daily. (Variety)
- Across all genres on YouTube, 56% of screen time were by males and 44% by females. (ThinkWithGoogle)
- YouTube is 2nd most visited website on the internet and 2nd largest search engine with 3 billion searches a month. (SlideShare, MushroomNetworks)
- 81% of parents let their kids (aged 11 or younger) watch YouTube, 34% of parents report that their children access YouTube regularly. (PewResearch)
- 51% of US users believe YouTube is important for learning things they haven’t done before, 28% of US users pass time on YouTube, 19% report using YouTube for deciding on a brand or product, and 19% use YouTube to understand events happening around the world. (PewResearch)
YouTube Key Learnings 2023
- Think Regional before Global. Only 33% of the content on YouTube is in English. Unless you’re a native English speaker, it’s best to create video content that’s accessible in the language you’re most comfortable in. Foreign content is the need of the hour for global diversification.
- The Perfect Thumbnail. The first thing the user sees when they come across your video is the thumbnail image. It must tell a story and entice the user to click your video. Add the video title to your thumbnail and use only high-resolution images. An emotive face on the thumbnail such as shock, joy, or puzzled look is highly recommended.
- Don’t forget to be SEO friendly. It’s easy to forget that YouTube is a visual search engine. As such, SEO rules apply here as well. Clear and lengthy descriptions, keyword-optimized titles, hashtags, and playlists are ways to improve how well your videos are ranked for search results.
- Keep your videos relatively short. The average user on YouTube doesn’t go beyond 16 minutes of watch time. The ideal video length for a novice YouTube creator is under 5 minutes. Get to the point straight from the intro, long intros kill user interest. Give people a reason to be interested in your channel.
- Include effective CTAs during your videos. 70% of videos are recommended to them, which means a majority of your viewers didn’t intend to click on your video. Adding CTAs in your video at relevant points converts a total stranger into a subscriber. Gaining subscribers is the key to YouTube branding.
Snapchat Statistics 2023
With Instagram and Facebook being the flagbearers of high-quality photos and brand videos, it’s quite easy to wonder what Snapchat could offer that sets it aside from the stiff competition.
While Instagram and Facebook retain public communication between the brand and customer, Snapchat brings that relationship closer.
No hashtags, no copying links to share, and no long URLs, Snapchat users are familiar with Snapcode. Users hold out their phone and scan a mysterious Snapcode to add the concerned account to their account.
Imagine having your users hunt for your brand’s Snapcode through a digital treasure hunt for an elusive prize? Now isn’t that quality engagement to have followers’ throng in numbers to follow your brand.
Snapchat also utilizes the FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) trend to help brands promote their businesses.
Since any post on Snapchat is valid for only 24 hours, every marketing post remains fresh and relevant. This allows you to rebrand content without your followers feeling bogged down by repetitive posts.
Snapchat filters and lenses allow you to brand your products in entertaining and abnormal ways.
During a Superbowl commercial, Gatorade – the energy drink manufacturer, gained 160 million impressions by letting Snapchat users dunk other users with a virtual Gatorade. Snapchat is all about making a silly moment go viral.
In the following Snapchat stats section, you’ll learn –
- How often users engage with Snapchat throughout the day
- How many Snapchat users have discovered brands on the app
- The most popular demographic on Snapchat
- The number of snaps shared by an average user per day
- The top reasons for using Snapchat
- The emotions that trigger Snapchat usage
And various other stats for your business to take advantage of Snapchat.
- 229 million users actively use Snapchat every day in 2020. (Statista)
- The most popular demographic for Snapchat users are aged between 15 to 25 which are 48% of the total user base, 26-35 years are the 2nd most popular demographic at 30%, 36-45 years are 3rd with 18%, 46-55 years are 4th with 11% and users above 56 years are the least with a 5% count. (Statista)
- Active users were likely to use Snapchat more than 20 times a day with over 210 million snaps created daily. (Snapchat)
- Snapchat app is the 2nd most used mobile application in 2019 as far as mobile usage was concerned. (SandVine)
- 4 in 10 Snapchat users have discovered new brands while using the app via celebrity endorsements and online posts. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 63% of Snapchat users return the following day to use the app, with 49% of users use the app multiple times a day, 14% use it once a day, and 36% use it less often. (PewResearch)
- 95% of Snapchat users say they are happy to use the app and have rated Snapchat as a “feel-good” app. (SocialMediaToday)Snapchat was the most preferred social media app to socialize, shop, and for organizing social events. (Snapchat)Snapchat is the preferred commuting social media app for people that are on the move. (Snapchat)
- 205. Snapchat ranked 2nd after Facebook as the preferred app for users when waiting for someone, it was the 4th popular app for home users and the 5th popular app for users unable to sleep. (Snapchat)
- The average Snapchat user uses the app’s camera feature over 20 times a day, Snapchat is heavily reliant on the camera function for its snaps. (Oberlo)
- Snapchat Lenses are a loved feature for users, over 1 million Lenses have been created since launch. (TechCrunch)
- The top reasons for using Snapchat are – Talking to friends, sharing photos and videos, using the Lenses/Filters features, sharing personal views. (Snapchat)
- The top emotions that triggered Snapchat usage were- Creative, Silly, Adventurous, Flirtatious, Excited, Happy, Spontaneous, Attractive, and Playful. (Snapchat)
- The Snapchat Discover feature was used by about half of Snapchat users, it was launched in January 2015. (Oberlo)
- Snapchat was the 14th most downloaded app on the App Store and the 11th most downloaded app on Google Play, overall, it was the 10th most downloaded app between the two platforms with a combined 53.5 million downloads. (Sen]]>)
- The top 3 countries for Snapchat users in 2020 were – United States (101.9 million), India (49.8 million), and France (22.15 million). (Statista)
- A Snapchat streak is a feature when 2 users snap back to each other daily, the current longest Snapchat streak stands at 2020 as of August 31st, 2020. (TechJunkie)
- Snapchat is set to earn an advertising revenue of 2.03 billion by the end of 2020, and 2.62 billion by the end of 2021. (Statista)
- Snapchat is the 5th most popular messaging app in the world with 433 million users behind WhatsApp (2 billion), Facebook Messenger (1.3 billion), WeChat (1.2 billion), and QQ (648 million), respectively. (Statista)
- The average Snapchat user spends over 30 minutes on the app daily. (Snapchat)
- A Snapchat ad takes about 5 minutes to create with the ‘Instant Create’ option. (Snapchat)
- The minimum daily ad budget to launch an ad campaign on Snapchat starts at $20. (Snapchat)
- Due to large engagement, 60% of Snapchat users are likely to make impulse purchases. (Snapchat)
- The age groups between 13-34 command a spending power of $1 trillion, hence Snapchat reaches over 90% of 13-24 age groups and 75% of 13-34 age groups in the US. (Snapchat)
- As of October 2020, female users of Snapchat are 59% of the total user base and male users are 39%. (Statista)
- 29% of American Snapchat users have a college education, 22% of users have completed at least high school, and 20% are graduates. (PewResearch)
- 27% of American Snapchat users live in a household that earns below $30,000 a year, 26% live in a household with an annual income between $30,000 – $74,999, and 22% live in a high-income household of above $75,000 per year. (PewResearch)
- 29% of American Snapchat users live in an urban environment, 20% live in a suburban environment, and 20% live in a rural environment. (PewResearch)
- The ethnicity of American Snapchat users are – White (22%), Black (28%), Hispanic (29%), and mixed/other ethnic groups (21%). (PewResearch)
Snapchat Key Learnings 2023
- FOMO is the ideal Snapchat gimmick. Take advantage of the 24-hour time frame of Snapchat and create a sense of urgency. Adding a ‘XX% off today only’ coupon causes users to take action immediately. Your fans would rather take your deal now than to regret not grabbing a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
- Get Creative with Your Snapcode. Snapcode is an elusive way to market your business. Adding a Snapcode as your profile picture on other social media platforms is quite brilliant. Reward your fans with a snap code at the end of a scavenger hunt or contest that leads to a special discount coupon.
- Feature Fan Content. Remember the average Snapchat user accesses their camera 20 times a day. Run a promotion with fans interacting with your products. People love attention and incentivizing them with a reward doubles up the goodness for maximum exposure and marketing impact.
- Go Viral with a Sponsored Lens. If Gatorade can get millions of followers, surely using sponsored lenses for your brand will stimulate your followers. It’s important to stay relevant and humorous when creating a sponsored filter. You could also start a yearly tradition!
- Humanize your brand! Snapchat Stories are a great way to share the backstory of your employees and how your brand came to be. Since a majority of Snapchat users are happy, take your followers for an inside peek of what happens behind the scenes. Show the quality checks that go into making their products.
Twitter Statistics 2023
Imagine if each room of your home was a social media platform.
Facebook is the spacious family hall where casual conversations happen. The kitchen goes to Instagram where high-quality pictures of food are taken every minute. TikTok is little Timmy’s room where all the crazy fun occurs. LinkedIn is the home office where serious work takes place.
Where does that leave Twitter?
The front door or the porch outside your home!
It’s the perfect place to meet the neighbors and get the news on the happenings around the world. Twitter is the place where information comes in all the time. Unlike other social platforms, every tweet is kept nice, short and to the point.
Now imagine if your business could leverage the same convenience of shortening their budget yet expanding their audience reach. Don’t worry! Twitter has you covered.
Twitter is officially the #1 platform for discovery. If the fire or wheel were reinvented in this digital age, the news would make its way on Twitter first. And brands want to be the first to get their products out into the market before their competitors can.
With 53% of people discovering new things to buy on Twitter, building a marketing strategy plan around tweets impact your sales greatly.
First things first. We need the right data to turn a marketing campaign into a success. Details like –
- How often do Twitter users spend time on the platform?
- What is the lifespan of a Tweet?
- How many accounts are created on Twitter? How many of these are fake?
- The best times to post on Twitter for optimum user engagement
- How often do users view ads on Twitter?
- What are the best type of video posts on Twitter for emotional engagement?
Don’t be a stranger. Come on over and experience these delightful Twitter tidbits to streamline your Twitter marketing strategy.
226. Twitter has over 330 million monthly active users and over 145 million daily active users in 2019, while 68 million Twitter users come from the US, making it the largest user base. (Twitter, Statista)
- Twitter users spend 3.53 minutes per session on average. (Statista)
- The lifespan of a tweet is between 15-20 minutes – the lifespan metric measures when user engagement is at its highest. (MtoMConsulting)
- Twitter is heavily male-centric with a ratio of 66% of male users to 34% of female users. (WeAreSocial)
- The average Twitter user in the US is aged 40, while 63% of Twitter users are between 35-65 years. (PewResearch)
- Twitter has a total of 11.7 million downloads on Apple’s App Store making it the 16th most downloaded iOS app. (SensorTower)
- Twitter is the most preferred social app by global leaders, with over 83% of heads of state actively using it, 139 out of 167 countries have leaders with a Twitter account. (PRNewsWire)
- Taylor Swift is the most influential celebrity on Twitter, musicians made up most of the influential list of Top 50 personalities. (BrandWatch)
- Among US users, 80% of all tweets come from just 10% of the users, while the average American user posts 2 tweets, favorites 1 tweet, has 25 followers, and follows 89 accounts every month. (PewResearch)
- 42% of US users used Twitter daily, while 29% used it weekly, and 29% used Twitter rarely. (PewResearch)
- While 1.3 billion accounts have been created on Twitter, 23 million of these accounts are either fake or automated. (BusinessInsider, QZ)
- 59% of B2B marketers and 53% of B2C markets use Twitter as their social media strategy in 2020. (Statista)
- Half a billion tweets are sent out every day. (InternetLiveStats)
- Celebrities with verified accounts have an average of 24,370 followers compared to celebrities with unverified accounts that had 20,531 followers. (Mention Twitter Report)
- Posts with no hashtags, emojis, and handles received the most engagement on Twitter. (Mention Twitter Report)
- The first Tweet was sent out on March 21st, 2006 by Twitter’s founder – Jack Dorsey, it took 3 years, 2 months, and 1 day to go from the 1st tweet to the billionth Tweet. (Twitter)
- The most used emoji is the ‘Face with Tears of Joy’, it has been used over 2 billion times. (BrandWatch)
- Emotions that were most displayed on Twitter are as follows – Joy (31%), Disgust (21%), Sadness (16%), Fear (15%), Surprise (10%), and Anger (7%). (BrandWatch)
- 4 out of 10 users were convinced into buying something that they saw on Twitter. (Twitter)
- Tweets with images received 150% more retweets, 18% more clicks, and 89% more Favorites. (Buffer)
- Brands that use Twitter had a 19% increase in customer satisfaction rate. (Twitter, Forbes)
- Companies spend an average of $1 for every Twitter response when compared to an average of $6 using a traditional call center. (PostPlanner)
- Twitter is the #1 social media platform for discovery with 79% of people finding something new. (Twitter)
- Users spent 26% more time on Twitter viewing ads over other platforms. (Twitter)
- Twitter videos have a watch time increase of year-over-year by 84%, the last 18 months have increased daily video views by 95%. (Twitter)
- Twitter videos between 6-15 seconds with captions performed best and increased emotional engagement by 33%. (Twitter)
- Twitter users are 53% more likely to buy new products upon launch and hence 67% of B2B businesses use Twitter as a digital marketing tool. (Twitter, Statista)
- The best times to post on Twitter for global engagement are Wednesday and Friday (9 a.m.), the worst performance is on Saturday. (SproutSocial)
Twitter Key Learnings 2023
- Wednesdays and Fridays Always! Whether you post on Twitter following a schedule or tweet daily, these days have the highest engagement. A time closer to 9 a.m. is a sweet spot. Having more users see your tweet improves the effectiveness of your Twitter advertising strategy.
- Promote upcoming products in advance. Got a new release coming up? Twitter is the place to build up hype as 53% of users buy new products on launch. This means pre-launch promotion is vital to ensure a successful launch. Advertise your latest products a good 2-3 months in advance within short intervals.
- Images and Videos are the way to go. Don’t be old fashioned and send a text tweet. Add a relevant high-quality image to enhance your tweet. Users are drawn towards images. A video is even better as it tells a story and engages the user over boring old words!
- Keep your tweets ‘Cheerful’. The most used emoji on Twitter supports the fact that people love hilarious and joyful content. Ensure your tweets add a hint of humor or a funny tagline. Users comment and reshare tweets that they find witty and informative.
- Don’t forget those hashtags! People on Twitter click on hashtags to locate similar content. Twitter is the platform for discovery and news, making sure to limit your hashtags to 2-3 per tweet for ideal user engagement. The best performing hashtags relevant to your content takes time to research.
TikTok Statistics 2023
Right from the first glance, TikTok isn’t your average social media platform. With over 2 billion downloads, TikTok has taken the world by storm and allowed regular people to become TikTok celebrities that earn in millions.
Just ask 19-year old Addison Rae, who is yet to pick her college. She’s already a millionaire (3 million net worth), thanks to her newfound fame on TikTok. With each sponsored post bringing her $14,500 in revenue.
What makes TikTok work so well?
The app provides short-form entertainment over 15 to 60-second videos. It’s the perfect way for youngsters to connect with others by sharing funny or educational videos. From music, fitness, travel, photography, dance, and comedy, Tiktok offers exposure to those seeking a short video platform.
Aside from the enjoyable content, Tiktok offers business opportunities in the form of promoting products but in a user-friendly manner. Since, young people detest advertising, marketers on TikTok utilize fun ways to promote their products.
Hashtag challenges are extremely popular. When a brand offers a hashtag challenge, they let people compete for gifts and prizes by encouraging their fans to upload fun videos related to the hashtag. Even TikTok influencers promote brands in a unique way, unlike other social media platforms.
In this way TikTok allows marketers to promote their brands in a non-advertising manner and create content that suits the current demographic.
To get started, simply download the app, create an account, and you’re set!
Ready to promote TikTok with your first brand video?
Not before you learn these powerful TikTok stats to guide your success.
- TikTok was the most downloaded app on the Apple App Store with over 33 million downloads in 2019. (SensorTower)
- TikTok has been downloaded over 2 billion times in 2019 on the App Store and Google Play store. (SensorTower)
- There are 800 million active users that use TikTok every month, a majority of the users come from Asian countries such as Malaysia, Japan, Cambodia, Vietnam, and Thailand. (Datareportal, Kr-asia)
- 41% of TikTok users are aged between 16 and 24. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 30% of the app’s downloads come from India with over 611 million lifetime downloads, China and US come 2nd and 3rd with 196 million and 165 million downloads respectively. (SensorTower)
- TikTok users spend an average of 52 minutes on the app every day. (CNBC)
- 90% of TikTok users access the app many times in a single day. (Oberlo)
- Among the top 3 behaviors on TikTok – Watching someone else’s video is 1st with 68% engagement, liking and following someone’s video is 2nd with 63% engagement, and logging in without any activity is 3rd with 59% engagement. (GlobalWebIndex)
- TikTok is available internationally in over 155 countries and supports over 75 languages to cover a large part of the global population. (AppTrace, NextBigBrand)
- Over 1 million TikTok video views are recorded daily and over 1 billion video views are recorded every year. (InfluencerMarketingHub)
- TikTok has the highest social media engagement rates in the social media world. (InfluencerMarketingHub)
- US consumers have increased 5.5 times with 14.3 million users in 2019 compared to 7.2 million users in 2018. (MarketingCharts)
- It took the Chinese developers 200 days to create TikTok and release it as ‘Douyin’ in September 2016, due to large international demand, it was renamed to TikTok in 2018 for easier pronunciation. (InfluencerMarketingHub)
- By 2019, TikTok made 7.4 million through in-app sales, it saw a 500% increase in revenue from May 2018 to April 2019. (SensorTower)
- Due to TikTok’s success, its parent company – ByteDance was valued at $78 billion in 2019. (CNBC)
- 55.6% of TikTok users are male while 44.6% are female with only 4.3% of male users above the age of 50 and 2.2% female users above the age of 50. (AppApeLab)
- 270. 26 of the most popular TikTok celebrities have over 10 million followers. (BusinessInsider)
- 271. 64% of TikTok users have used face filters and lenses on the app. (HootSuite)
- 272. The top 4 trends on TikTok in 2020 are – Hashtag Challenge, Memes, Viral Food Marketing, and Influencer Marketing, Hashtag Challenge had the most user engagement with 35% of users taking part. (StarNGage)
- 273. TikTok isn’t simply an art platform, 14.8 million educational videos were shared by users in 2019. (TechCrunch)
- 274. The top influencers on TikTok are paid $20,000 per branded video by companies. (InfluencerMarketingHub)
- 275. By 2021, TikTok is expected to generate $6 billion in annual revenue through ads and in-app sales. (Reuters)
- 276. 37% of US TikTok users live in a household with a combined income of over $100,000. (MarketingCharts)
TikTok Key Learnings 2023
- Be Authentic Yet Unique. TikTok thrives on entertainment and with 41% of youngsters accessing the app, it’s vital to reveal your inner personality. Don’t be scared to try something new. And more importantly, have fun with the experience, your followers will appreciate you for being yourself.
- Become a TikTok Influencer. Top influencers earn close to $20,000 per video. For starters, pick a niche, ask yourself – ‘Who are likely to watch my videos?’. Since TikTok is pretty even on the gender demographic, the audience is yours for the taking.
- Utilize Face Filters for Creativity. Add text overlays for silent videos or utilize the face filters to produce high-quality content for your followers. You don’t need a degree in video editing to animate your video clips. Put effort into your video editing skills and conquer your TikTok fan following.
- Get onboard the TikTok Trends. It’s a no brainer that hashtag challenges are addictive. To create a viral promotion, begin by researching and finding a shareable hashtag. Ensure the video and audio are relevant to your brand. Begin sharing and promoting your hashtag challenge to your followers over cross-platforms.
- Educate your audience. Remember that TikTok isn’t just an entertainment platform but also an eLearning one. Create short 15-60 second videos for your users with a quick burst of information in the form of 3-5 tips relating to your product or skill. Learning doesn’t necessarily have to be boring!
Social Media Advertising Statistics 2023
Before the internet existed, the word ‘Sales’ meant selling products to customers either to their homes or in the form of pesky sales calls.
Both methods were considered a serious invasion of privacy and the poor salesperson was often left at the mercy of an enraged customer.
Fast forward to today, where social media platforms exist and reach millions if not billions of customers in a few minutes.
With every major social network offering an advertising option, marketers are spoilt with the choice of choosing their ideal social platform. The best part – no invasion of privacy!
For example – let’s take the following scenario.
- Looking to advertise to teenagers? – TikTok and Snapchat are ideal
- In search of serious professional talent and recruitment? – LinkedIn is your friend.
- Maximum outreach for global awareness with a low budget? – Facebook does it best.
- Targeting more females with your products? – Pinterest has a majority of women users.
Before the internet – marketers spent their time advertising to a random crowd.
After the internet – marketers spend their time targeting their preferred audience.
Social networks have certainly come a long way and made every marketer’s job easy. Having people pile up on various apps and communities, allows marketers to distribute ads that are user-focused and get the most impact for their ad budget.
In the social media advertising stats section, we’ve highlighted the most critical points to encourage low cost and highly effective social media marketing. These include –
- Marketers that consider social media to be low cost and effective to their business
- How important is social media to a marketer’s advertising campaign?
- The total amount spent on advertising digital ads
- The most important feature of a checkout process
- The abandonment rate of online shopping carts
- How critical are mobile users to social media?
- The largest ad seller among social media platforms
This information helps in understanding how other marketers have adapted to the process of digital advertising. It gives you a way forward in your journey of advertising on social media.
Without any delay, here are the advertising stats.
- Social media ad spend will rise by 20.4% by the end of 2020 and will bring in an estimated revenue of $43 billion. (eMarketer)
- The Cost-per-mille of advertising has fallen to $4.33 in 2020 from $5.35 in 2019 and $5.53 in 2018. (Statista)
- Social ad impressions have increased by 20% year over year, more people are viewing ads. (Statista)
- CTRs are down by 30% in 2020 with only 1.3% CTRs recorded among social networks in 2020, the CTR rates in 2018 were 2.6% and 2% in 2019. (Statista)
- Facebook combined with Instagram is the 2nd largest ad-seller with $67 billion in ad revenue, Google takes the first place. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Mobile users contribute to a majority of ad revenue, mobile ads resulted in 94% of Facebook’s advertising revenue. (Investor)
- In 2020, marketers are spending an average of $21.98 on ads per internet user, the total revenue in social media advertising is $98.9 billion. (Statista)
- Video ads spend have increased 25% year over year, 70% of digital video advertisers use influencers on social media to advertise. (IAB)
- The average abandonment rate of online shopping carts stands at 69.57% as of 2020, the top reason for abandonment by Americans was ‘Extra Costs/Shipping Fees’. (Baymard)
- A user-friendly checkout flow and design on social media pages can recover $260 billion worth of lost orders. (Baymard)
- $32 billion to be spent on display advertising over search advertisements. (eMarketer)
- 11% of the world’s internet users run ad blockers on their devices, which costs publishers $21.8 billion in losses, the top 2 reasons for installing an adblocker were too many ads (63%) and irrelevant & annoying ads (48%). (ThinkWithGoogle)
- 58% of marketers consider social media to be very important to their marketing strategy. (Buffer)
- 73% of marketers consider social media to be effective for their business. (Buffer)
- 33% of marketers find social media organic advertising low cost while only 12.3% of marketers find social media paid ads as a cost-effective solution. (MarketingCharts)
Social Media Advertising Key Learnings 2023
- Utilizing organic and paid advertising is rewarding for social media marketers. The idea is to cover all corners and leave no stone unturned. Marketing with 2 different channels lets you acquire new followers while keeping the current ones engaged.
- Paid advertising is cheaper and better than ever. With CPC rates dropping and impressions on the rise, starting your marketing campaign with an ad budget provides the best of both worlds –Lower ad cost and more outreach.
- Streamline the Checkout Process. Users find excessive fees at the end of a checkout process to be infuriating. After all, if you have fees, include it along with the product. Ensuring minimal steps during a checkout process also eliminates second thoughts that users have during payment.
- Video ads are the future of advertising. Videos tell a story and hold user attention longer than images. With video, a narrative is formed and the audience gets a message to take an action. Video ads are the advertising future for marketers.
- Ads targeted towards Mobile users. 94% of Facebook’s ad revenue is contributed by mobile users. Many marketers still create content for the 6% of computer users leaving the huge smartphone potential untapped. Enable mobile-friendly content and grab the vast potential.
Social Media Consumer Statistics 2023
If marketers had one superpower – what would it be?
The power to read minds! Or the power to read their customers’ minds – to be specific.
While no marketer on earth can read 100% of their consumers’ minds, the next closest thing is- having information on consumer behavior.
Data in the marketing world is priceless. Numbers convert into trends and marketers are always on the hunt for user trends.
For example – Did you know that just by providing a great customer experience on social media, the customer recommends your brand/product/service to their friends and family? Or that 99% of users accessed social media from their mobile devices? Staggering! isn’t it?
If there was one marketing rule it would be – Know your customer to increase your profits.
Consumers are usually vocal about their likes and dislikes. They usually end up writing a great or ghastly review on the product they tried. This awareness lets new consumers take notice and make their buying decision directly upon older customer reviews.
It’s a chain process, the more favorable reviews you have, the more products you sell, and the worse your reviews are, the more customers stay away from your brand.
In this stat section, we’ve focused on understanding the various reactions and behaviors related to consumer psychology such as –
- How many American consumers are aware of social media bots? What’s their opinion of them?
- How often does an average user spend time on social media websites?
- How likely are customers to buy a product from an ad with an ad blocker installed?
- What feature improves the odds of a customer making a purchase?
- How important is it for customers to have their favorite brand take a stand on global issues?
- How many social media users are there in 2020?
And other fascinating facts related to consumer behavior.
Use these stats to become a marketing hero and power your marketing campaigns with exactly what your audience is looking for.
- About 66% of Americans have heard of social media bots and 80% of them find them to be a negative experience. (Journalism)
- 4 in 10 people prefer to follow their favorite brands on social media. (GlobalWebIndex)
- The average internet user spends 2 hours and 26 minutes on social media websites, 28% of internet users believe that ads on social media help them discover new products. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Even with ad blockers installed, 45% of internet users are likely to buy from an ad. (GlobalWebIndex)
- Ad discovery through social media is the 4th popular way for brand discovery by users, the top 3 are- Search engines, TV ads, and word-of-mouth respectively. (GlobalWebIndex)
- For 13% of internet users, adding a “Buy” button would increase their chances of purchasing a product, 23% of users prefer to buy a product after seeing likes and reading comments on social media. (GlobalWebIndex)
- 70% of consumers want brands to take a stand on social and political issues, 47% of users want brands to voice their opinion on social media, 53% believe that brands only take a stand for marketing purposes. (SproutSocial)
- 55% of users would discontinue using a product if their brand didn’t align with their personal views. (SproutSocial)
- Healthcare (39%) was the top issue that consumers wanted brands to speak out on, followed by labor laws (38%) and climate change (36%). (SproutSocial)
- 66% of consumers believe that brands can make a real change when they take a stance on social media, while 44% believe that brands are trustworthy when taking a stance. (SproutSocial)
- 99% of users access social media from their mobile devices, which is 3.91 billion people. (HootSuite)
- A 9% increase of social media users was recorded in 2020 with a total of 3.96 billion users, that’s half the population of Earth. (HootSuite)
- Among users aged 13+, the largest social media user base is located in Central America (86% of the population) while the lowest user base is in Middle Africa (13% of the population). (HootSuite)
- 90% of US millennials (born between 1981-1996) use social media, 77% of US Gen X (born between 1965-1980) use social media, and US Baby boomers (born between 1946-1964) use social media. (eMarketer)
- 71% of consumers that had a positive experience with a brand on social media recommend it to their friends and family. (LyfeMarketing)
- 49% of social media users rely on influencers to make their buying decisions. (ION)
Social Media Consumer Key Learnings 2023
- Hire an Influencer to Sway Consumers. Followers of influencers are extremely loyal and usually take notice when an endorsement is made. Unlike celebrities, influencers are seen with a credible and trusted mindset. Collaborating with a popular one is an easy way to gain access to millions of followers.
- Provide a Positive Experience to Customers. Whether it’s a query or after-sales, brands that communicate well always gain loyalty. Customers that are impressed by a brand usually spread the word around town about the great experience they had and bring in even more sales through excellent word-of-mouth.
- Maintain a neutral view on political and social affairs. Taking a stance is much-needed but it’s necessary to not lose half your customer base because you went with an unpopular opinion. It’s important for brands to speak up but with a neutral viewpoint to avoid controversies and hurt public sentiments.
- Avoid Bots and Spam. Bots make a marketer’s life easy, they spam brand messages, they add fake followers, they even extract email addresses for further spamming. A majority of customers can identify bots and their spam and if they trace it back to your brand, your hard-earned reputation is at stake.
- Ad blockers are the future. Every marketer’s worst nightmare is a world where 100% of its users use ad blockers. But luckily, the impact of ad blockers isn’t bad as 45% of users end up making a purchase. Also, impressions aren’t counted if an ad is blocked, saving the ad buyer from spending an excessive amount of ad budget.
Most Used Social Media Monitoring Tools 2023
Marketing on social media without understanding audience behavior is like navigating at night in a swamp without a flashlight. It’s going to be disastrous and you’ll never find the answers to these questions –
- How effective is your social media strategy?
- How well are your audience responding to your promotions?
- What percentage of customer visits convert to sales?
- Which part of the world connects with your products the most?
- What keywords/hashtags have performed the best?
- Which social media provides the most referral traffic?
- How do I schedule posts and videos via cross-platforms?
Every business needs to track social media analytics to leverage growth.
I don’t just provide you with generic information, I actually “listen” to how successful social media marketers operate and the tools that brought them success. In my search for the best social media monitoring tools, I asked myself– how can I get the most bang for the money spent?
The answer was to find tools that work across multiple social platforms and perform a variety of key functions. It can get expensive if every tool supported just one platform and you had numerous other social media accounts to monitor.
Today, I present to you a list of 7 powerful tools that help you analyze and gather information on audience behavior and social media trends.
Want a tool that controls your entire social media engagement for as little as $49 per month?
Look no further, AgoraPulse helps you schedule posts, monitor audience traffic, track keywords, growth analytics, and much more. The best part about this tool is that it supports multiple social networks like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
It also monitors comments made to your Instagram and Facebook ads.
HootSuite is a serious social monitoring tool that allows you to not only gather keywords, locations, user behaviors, and hashtags but also share it with your team.
The ‘Streaming’ feature allows you to assign roles to your team members and opens up a discovery channel for your social marketing campaigns.
HootSuite can be accessed for free with a 30-day trial. It supports a variety of networks – LinkedIn, Facebook, WordPress, Twitter, and Foursquare.
If delegation is the core of your work, Hootsuite is the perfect solution for your social marketing needs.
3. Sprout Social
If it’s one thing that Sprout Social does best – it’s social media engagement.
Did someone mention your brand without tagging you on Instagram or Twitter? No problem! get instant alerts to your Sprout Social’s Smart Inbox.
Know the latest trends and social conversations that are happening from around the world. Gain insights on how to grow your marketing strategies. Automatically schedule and publish posts.
If knowing your audience is your main priority and you had one software to choose from this list, we’d highly recommend Sprout Social for its superior social engagement across numerous platforms. Not convinced? Try out their free demo before you pay.
Hashtags are a pretty big deal. Especially with the top 3 social networks using them – Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. A single hashtag is a portal to an audience with strong intent for your product.
Control your hashtags, control your audience. There’s no better way to measure the impact of your hashtags than Keyhole.
With historical and real-time data, Keyhole provides information through heat maps and measures activity levels across the globe. The tool even provides an ROI for your marketing campaign to measure how successful your latest ads were.
Keyhole provides a free trial for new users.
Do you have numerous reviews spread across many websites that are hard to manage?
The name says it all, ReviewTrackers lets you compile all the customer feedback from over 100+ business websites and share them on social networks. Managing your reviews is critical to ensure customer loyalty and happy customers scale the brand to new heights.
ReviewTrackers lets you leverage the best keywords]]>
To access ReviewTrackers, first create an account and proceed to access the free demo.
How well does your brand compare against your competitors? Allow a tool to do the hard work.
Mention compares popular social networks and comes up with a report to showcase how further ahead or behind you currently are compared to your competitors. Team features allow you to collaborate and track the progress of your social marketing efforts.
Listen to over 1 billion conversations over the web such as review sites, blogs, news sites, and forums. Know how your audience is reacting to your products. Mention supports Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
Get a 14-day free trial of Mention.
Is there a tool that truly defines social media automation?
Yes! While it comes at $45 per month, it performs a host of functions to build the best marketing campaign of your life.
Features include landing page optimization, email templates, social media brand mentions, ROI measurement, ads ROI tracker, salesforce integration, and a ton of analytics and marketing automation.
HubSpot is a powerful social media tool that in the right hands can leverage unequaled growth. It’s also the only tool on the list that has a steep learning curve. But once you spend the time understanding the platform, social media marketing struggles will be a thing of the past.
Use These Social Media Marketing Statistics for Your Marketing Strategy and Next Campaign
Phew! That was quite a read! If you’ve made it this far, we are sure you’ve gained useful information from these marketing insights to draw a roadmap on how to plan your next successful marketing venture.
Now then, what are you waiting for?
The numbers are in front of you. The day is yours. Now all that’s left is the action plan to convert into success.
Here is a quick summary to get things moving.
- Understand the demographics and interests of your audience
- Utilize ad targeting to take advantage of user intent
- Focus on long-term relationships over one-time buyers
- Don’t worry about spending money on ads, the ROI is excellent
- Consider video marketing for superior engagement
- Utilize a social-media monitoring tool to track your marketing performance
- Be authentic and humanize on social media platforms, your customers connect better
- Finally, be consistent before you give up on a marketing strategy
Remember, it’s important to set the ball in motion before things begin to roll your way. Social media marketing isn’t an overnight success, if it were, everyone would be millionaires.
But by learning from these stats, you’ve saved years of trial and error and have put yourself in a real mission to succeed where others have failed. In fact, most failures are the stepping stones to success.
Good luck and share your thoughts with us below!