150 million monthly active users are in Twitch in 2023.
Today, we’re going to explore some of the most valuable Twitch statistics for 2023.
Let’s get started.
Key Twitch Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- 71 million hours of content is viewed every day.
- Twitch has 30 million daily active users.
- Twitch has 150 million monthly active users in 2023.
- In 2015 Twitch only had 55 million active users.
- More than 2.2 million users make the most of the stream feature every month.
- Their biggest viewership sits at 6.5 million views.
- Twitch has 9.2 million active streamers every month.
- 65% of Twitch users are male.
Twitch Stats 2023: Monthly Unique Twitch Users and Year-on-Year Growth
- Twitch has 159 million monthly unique users, 31 million daily active users, and about 8 unique streamers go live every month.
- Twitch is the 2nd most popular website in the “Video Games Consoles and Accessories” category among US Twitch users.
Twitch Stats 2023: Twitch User Demographics
- Approximately 65% of Twitch users worldwide are male, with the remaining 35% of Twitch users being female viewers.
- Music (68.3% of viewers cited it), gaming (68.1% cited it), and technology (67%) are the top interests of Twitch viewers.
Twitch Streaming Statistics 2023: Twitch Views, Concurrent Viewers, Active Channels, and Twitch Partners
- Twitch.tv had 10.9 million unique channels streaming as of April 2022. Twitch.tv has 10x more unique channels than YouTube and 50x more unique channels than Facebook.
- Creators on Twitch streamed 229 million hours of clips in the first quarter of 2022, which is 91.5% of the total streamed hours on live games platforms. YouTube Gaming Live (3.5%) and Facebook Gaming (5%) account for less than 10% of total streamed hours.
- There are about 51 thousand Twitch partners worldwide. At any given minute, Twitch has about 2.73 million average concurrent viewers.
- Ninja has the most number of followers (as of May 2022), with over 17.45 million followers. At the same time, the second-ranked broadcaster is Auronplay, with over 11.6 million followers.
Twitch Usage Statistics by Device 2023
- Only 35% of Twitch viewers access the platform via mobile. At the same time, 70% of YouTube traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Viewers downloaded the iOS app over 5.6 million times. Of which, 2.6 million downloads of the Twitch app came from the US.
Twitch Stats: Channels and Games 2023
- Just chatting (14.7% of total views), League of Legends (9% of total hours watched), and Grand Theft Auto (6% of total hours watched) are the most-watched streams in 2022.
- Gaules (28.71 million hours watched), xQc (25.56 million hours watched), and Asmongold (15.40 million hours watched) are the most-watched channels in April 2022.
Critical Stats For Twitch Partners and Marketers 2023
- Unique viewers who chat during their first visit are 50% more likely to return to your future broadcast.
Twitch viewership highlights that viewers are most engaged in the first 15 minutes and the last 15 minutes of the broadcast. So, Twitch broadcasters can use CTAs during the selected time period and engage spectators.
For instance, Twitch broadcasters can conduct polls or have a reward system (Channel Points) to increase user engagement. Twitch viewership highlights:
- Broadcasters and teams who create polls to receive feedback, on average, see 10% more engagement.
- Broadcasters with channel points reward systems, on average, see a 13% lift in chat participation.
- At the same time, the channel points reward system, on average, increases the time spent by 18% (per week) spent by the spectators.
Moreover, discussing the MegaCheer event during the event will increase the Bits usage by 30%. (In a MegaCheer event, Twitch streamers reward a viewer with emotes and gifts randomly).
Twitch Monetization Statistics 2023
- The top 1% of paid Twitch broadcasters made more than half of all the money paid out to streamers in 2021. 25% of all payouts went to the top 1000 streamers.
Although there isn’t any official report on the payouts made by Twitch in 2021, a leak due to an error in a Twitch.tv server configuration indicates that the top 100 streamers made about US$ 82 billion in 2021. (From July 2020 to September 2021).
The next 900 top streamers made about US$ 138 million. In comparison, almost 75% of paid broadcasters — the ones that make money — made less than US$ 120 in 2021. In fact, only the top 5% of the streamers have made more than US$ 1000 during the selected time period in 2021.
Comparing revenue earned against the US median household income, only 0.06% of active streamers received the amount of, or over, US$ 67,521.
Twitch Revenue Statistics 2023
- Twitch monthly payouts almost tripled in the last two years (July 2019 to September 2021), owing to the exponential growth as viewers and new streamers flocked to the site during the pandemic.
Considering from July 2020 to September 2021, Twitch.tv paid out about US$ 893 million to the broadcasters, up from US$ 519 million paid from July 2019 to September 2020.
Back in September 2019, Twitch.tv paid out US$ 36.51 million to the publishers. In comparison, the latest data suggests that Twitch.tv paid over US$ 101.3 million to publishers last September.
On a side note, Twitch.tv stats outlines that for every 100 followers a user has, they have the potential to earn up to US$ 250 per month. At the same time, the majority of revenue comes from active channel subscriptions and ads.
Why Are These Twitch.tv Statistics Important?
For decades, famous brands and businesses have partnered with athletes and basketball players to promote their brands. However, the past few years have proved that a video game athlete partnership could be valuable and has the potential to attract a wider audience. Understand that 44% of internet users aged 16 to 44 have stated that they watched live streams of games online.
As highlighted earlier, almost 75% of the spectators on the platform are under 35; moreover, Twitch.tv is a male-dominated landscape. So, if your product is looking for such demographics and country (US), considering Twitch.tv in your video marketing strategy could be valuable.
At the same time, the partners and broadcasters can increase their followers and grow their channel by attracting unique spectators, regular streams, and broadcasting during peak hours.