Today, we’re going to explore some of the most valuable Video Conferencing statistics for 2023.
Let’s get started.
Key Video Conferencing Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- Video conferencing has improved communication for up to 99% of people
- 90% of video call users find it easier to get their point across if they are seen
- 65% of all video calls are done with audio-only
- Up to 51% of people see businesses that use video conferencing as more innovative
- The projected value of the worldwide video conferencing market in 2021 was $6.03 billion
- Zoom is the #1 video meeting app for teams
General Video Conferencing Statistics 2023
- Video conferencing has improved communication for up to 99% of people.
- Almost 47% of video conference users have significantly reduced their business travel costs.
- Video conferences help improve productivity by 50%.
- Up to 76% of remote employees use video conferencing for work.
- 90% of video call users find it easier to get their point across if they are seen.
- Up to 35% of people use video conferencing tools to feel more included and valued at their company.
- Worldwide IP video traffic will increase by 4x the 2017 volumes by the end of 2022.
Video Conferencing Trends Statistics 2023
- 65% of all video calls are done with audio-only.
- 87% of work colleagues have stated that they felt more connected to each other while using video conferencing.
- Up to 51% of people see businesses that use video conferencing as more innovative.
- 77% of attendees join video meetings on desktop or laptop computers.
- The use of video meetings increased by 48% before the start of the COVID-19 pandemic
- More than 50% of people predict that video will be more important than AI and other forms of the future.
- Up to 47% of webinars are used to onboard and train new employees
Statistics show that B2B (business-to-business) companies host the most webinars – up to 61% of total webinars. Additionally, 29% of webinars are in regard to demand generation and marketing.
The biggest number of webinars (26%) are in the technology and software industry. Furthermore, real estate agents have been reported to host the highest amount of webinars each year (up to 34 webinars).
When it comes to webinar registrations, webinar statistics show that only around a third of all those who registered will actually attend the webinar.
Top webinar software includes Riverside, Livestorm, and Demio.
- A quarter of employees aged 18-29 use video calls while working each day.
- Up to 17% of Hispanic people switched to video calls for training and fitness purposes.
Video Conferencing Market Size and Growth Statistics 2023
- The projected value of the worldwide video conferencing market in 2021 was $6.03 billion.
- Poor meeting organization leads to a $399 billion loss each year.
- 9 out of 10 people claim that video conferencing helps save money as projects are completed faster.
Video Conferencing Software Statistics 2023
- Zoom is the #1 video meeting app for teams.
- In 2020, video meetings via Zoom had a 535% rise in daily traffic.
- Up to 83% of businesses with more than 250 employees are likely to purchase a web conferencing tool.
- During the first half of 2020, there were approximately 40 million users on Skype video calls daily.
- A new video-calling app called Gather already has 4 million users.
- Cisco Webex had 25 billion meeting minutes in April 2020.
How Can You Benefit From These Video Conferencing Statistics?
Video conferencing and the numerous apps on the market are not going away any time soon. According to various video conferencing statistics, its popularity and usage are only going to continue to grow, especially if remote work continues to be a thing.
Recent trends even show more and more virtual meeting rooms around the globe, where laptops and mobile devices are being replaced with ultra-high-quality LED screens for better viewing.
Similarly, video conferencing is set to replace regular conference calls almost entirely in the future. Those who work remotely have almost completely shifted to the daily use of video communication.
The tech world is very quickly moving away from the previously daunting process of making sure your video conference is properly set up and connected to the Internet, all while using a ton of cables and unnecessary equipment.
Video conferencing statistics also show that video conferencing has become an essential part of any workplace, remote working or on-site, with many companies reporting better communication, increased productivity, and shorter turnover times among teams and employees.
The future of video conferencing is definitely bright, as the market is slated for further growth, which will be massive.