Virtual Private Servers (VPS) have become increasingly popular among businesses and individuals who require greater control and customization of their web hosting environment.
There are numerous VPS providers in the market, each with different offerings and features.
In this article, we will provide you with statistics on the top VPS providers in the market, along with an overview of the features they offer.
Key Virtual Private Servers (VPS) Providers Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- DigitalOcean – With over 570,000 customers worldwide, DigitalOcean is one of the most popular VPS providers, offering scalable cloud hosting solutions with pricing plans starting at $5/month.
- Linode – With more than 400,000 customers, Linode is another top VPS provider, known for its reliability, speed, and security. Pricing plans start at $5/month.
- Vultr – With over 100,000 customers, Vultr is a fast-growing VPS provider known for its high-performance cloud infrastructure and competitive pricing plans starting at $2.50/month.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – As one of the largest cloud hosting providers, AWS offers a range of VPS solutions with pricing plans that vary based on usage. As of September 2021, AWS had over 1 million active customers.
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) – With over 500,000 customers worldwide, GCP is another top VPS provider, offering scalable cloud infrastructure with pricing plans starting at $10/month.
- Microsoft Azure – With over 85% of Fortune 500 companies using their services, Microsoft Azure is one of the largest VPS providers in the world. Pricing plans vary based on usage, with a free trial available.
- OVH – OVH is a popular VPS provider based in Europe, with over 1.5 million customers worldwide. They offer a range of VPS solutions with pricing plans starting at €2.99/month.
Top Virtual Private Servers (VPS) Providers Statistics
To begin with, we have compiled a list of the top VPS providers in the market, based on market share and customer reviews. The list is not in any particular order.
When it comes to market share, there are a few big players in the VPS industry. According to our research, the top three VPS providers by market share are:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) – 32%
- Microsoft Azure – 20%
- Google Cloud – 9%
Customer reviews can provide valuable insights into the quality of service offered by VPS providers. Based on our research, the top three VPS providers by customer reviews are:
- DigitalOcean – 4.7/5
- Vultr – 4.5/5
- Linode – 4.4/5
VPS Provider Features
Now that we have discussed the market share and customer reviews of the top 100 VPS providers, let’s take a look at some of the features they offer.
The location of a VPS provider’s servers can have a significant impact on website speed and performance. The top VPS providers typically have server locations in multiple regions around the world. According to our research, the top three VPS providers by server locations are:
- AWS – 69 regions
- DigitalOcean – 13 regions
- Google Cloud – 26 regions
Pricing is a crucial factor when it comes to choosing a VPS provider. VPS providers typically offer different pricing plans based on the resources allocated to the server. According to our research, the top three VPS providers by pricing are:
- Vultr – Plans starting at $2.50/month
- DigitalOcean – Plans starting at $5/month
- Linode – Plans starting at $5/month
Scalability is another important factor to consider when choosing a VPS provider. A provider that offers easy scalability can help businesses and individuals handle sudden traffic spikes without any disruption. According to our research, the top three VPS providers by scalability are:
- AWS – Offers automatic scaling
- Google Cloud – Offers automatic scaling
- Vultr – Offers scalable plans
Security is a critical consideration when it comes to VPS hosting. A provider that offers robust security measures can help prevent data breaches and ensure the safety of sensitive information. According to our research, the top three VPS providers by security are:
- DigitalOcean – Offers two-factor authentication and SSL certificates
- Linode – Offers two-factor authentication and SSH key management
- AWS – Offers a wide range of security features, including DDoS protection and encryption
Apart from the standard features, some VPS providers offer advanced features that can further enhance the performance and flexibility of the server. Below are some of the advanced features offered by the top VPS providers.
AWS Advanced Features
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the largest VPS provider in the market and offers a wide range of advanced features, including:
- Elastic Load Balancing – Automatically distributes incoming traffic across multiple servers to improve performance and availability.
- Amazon RDS – A managed database service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database.
- AWS Lambda – A serverless computing service that lets you run code without provisioning or managing servers.
Google Cloud Advanced Features
Google Cloud is another leading VPS provider that offers several advanced features, including:
- Google Kubernetes Engine – A managed container orchestration service that automates the deployment, scaling, and management of containerized applications.
- Google Cloud Functions – A serverless computing service that lets you run code in response to events without managing servers.
- Google Cloud SQL – A managed database service that makes it easy to set up, maintain, and administer relational databases on the cloud.
DigitalOcean Advanced Features
DigitalOcean is a popular VPS provider that offers a range of advanced features, including:
- Block Storage – A high-performance storage solution that lets you scale your storage independently of your compute resources.
- Load Balancers – A service that automatically distributes incoming traffic across multiple servers to improve performance and availability.
- Managed Databases – A service that provides fully managed, highly available databases with automatic scaling, backup, and recovery.
Choosing the right VPS provider is crucial for businesses and individuals who require greater control and customization of their web hosting environment. By considering factors such as market share, customer reviews, server locations, pricing, scalability, and security, you can make an informed decision about the VPS provider that best suits your needs. We hope that this article has provided you with valuable insights into the top VPS providers in the market.