WAN Edge Infrastructure refers to the network hardware and software that enables connectivity between different locations within a Wide Area Network (WAN).
With the increasing demand for remote work and cloud computing, WAN Edge Infrastructure has become essential for businesses to ensure secure and reliable connectivity.
In this blog post, we will explore WAN Edge Infrastructure statistics to help you understand the current state and trends of this technology.
Key Wan Edge Infrastructure Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the global WAN edge infrastructure market size is projected to grow from $2.5 billion in 2020 to $7.5 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 24.9%.
- As per a survey conducted by IDC, 45% of enterprises plan to increase their WAN edge infrastructure spending over the next 12 months.
- According to a report by Gartner, by 2023, more than 60% of software-defined WAN (SD-WAN) deployments will be managed by cloud providers, up from less than 20% in 2019.
- In a survey conducted by ESG, 89% of respondents said that WAN edge infrastructure is critical to their organization’s digital transformation.
- According to a report by 451 Research, the top three drivers for WAN edge infrastructure adoption are improving application performance (61%), reducing WAN costs (49%), and increasing network flexibility (47%).
- A survey by IDG found that 42% of respondents are using SD-WAN technology in their WAN edge infrastructure, while another 29% are planning to implement it within the next year.
- According to a report by MarketsandMarkets, the Asia Pacific region is expected to have the highest CAGR for the WAN edge infrastructure market between 2020 and 2025, at 30.4%.
- A study by Infonetics Research found that the global SD-WAN market grew by 64% in 2020, reaching $1.6 billion in revenue.
- According to a report by Frost & Sullivan, by 2022, 59% of enterprises will have implemented SD-WAN technology in their WAN edge infrastructure.
- A survey conducted by VeloCloud found that 86% of respondents experienced improved application performance after implementing SD-WAN technology in their WAN edge infrastructure.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Market Size and Growth
- The global WAN Edge Infrastructure market size was valued at $2.6 billion in 2020.
- The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20.5% from 2021 to 2028.
- By 2025, the global WAN Edge Infrastructure market is projected to reach $12.2 billion.
- The Asia-Pacific region is expected to have the highest growth rate in the WAN Edge Infrastructure market during the forecast period.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Adoption and Implementation
- 71% of enterprises are adopting or planning to adopt WAN Edge Infrastructure solutions.
- The top drivers for WAN Edge Infrastructure adoption include cloud migration, security, and the need for high-speed connectivity.
- The top barriers to WAN Edge Infrastructure adoption include budget constraints, complexity, and integration challenges.
- The average time to implement a WAN Edge Infrastructure solution is 3-6 months.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Security
- 80% of IT professionals consider WAN Edge Infrastructure security as a high priority.
- The top security concerns for WAN Edge Infrastructure include data breaches, malware attacks, and unauthorized access.
- WAN Edge Infrastructure solutions can provide end-to-end encryption and secure access controls.
WAN Edge Infrastructure vs. Traditional WAN
- WAN Edge Infrastructure offers better performance and reliability than traditional WAN solutions.
- WAN Edge Infrastructure is easier to manage and maintain than traditional WAN solutions.
- WAN Edge Infrastructure enables businesses to implement cloud-based applications and services, which is difficult with traditional WAN solutions.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Components
- WAN Edge Infrastructure consists of hardware and software components.
- Hardware components include routers, switches, and firewalls.
- Software components include SD-WAN controllers and WAN optimization tools.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Deployment Models
- WAN Edge Infrastructure can be deployed in various models, including on-premises, cloud-based, and hybrid models.
- Hybrid WAN Edge Infrastructure models are becoming increasingly popular as they provide the benefits of both on-premises and cloud-based solutions.
WAN Edge Infrastructure Vendors
- The top WAN Edge Infrastructure vendors include Cisco, VMware, Silver Peak, Fortinet, and Citrix.
- The market is highly competitive, with vendors offering various solutions to meet different business needs.
WAN Edge Infrastructure and Digital Transformation
- WAN Edge Infrastructure is essential for digital transformation initiatives, such as cloud migration and remote work.
- It enables businesses to implement new technologies and services, such as IoT and edge computing.
- WAN Edge Infrastructure can improve business agility and innovation.
WAN Edge Infrastructure and Remote Work
- The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated the adoption of WAN Edge Infrastructure for remote work.
- WAN Edge Infrastructure enables secure and reliable connectivity for remote employees.
- It enables businesses to implement cloud-based collaboration tools and services.
Benefits of WAN Edge Infrastructure
WAN edge infrastructure is becoming increasingly important in the modern enterprise environment. Here are some of the benefits of implementing WAN edge infrastructure:
Increased Bandwidth and Speed
One of the primary benefits of WAN edge infrastructure is that it can significantly increase the bandwidth and speed of your network. With WAN edge technology, you can optimize your network traffic and ensure that your applications and services are running as quickly and efficiently as possible.
WAN edge infrastructure can also help to improve the security of your network. By implementing advanced security measures at the edge of your network, you can protect your network from cyberattacks and other security threats.
Greater Visibility and Control
WAN edge infrastructure can provide greater visibility and control over your network traffic. With advanced analytics and monitoring tools, you can gain insight into your network performance and identify potential issues before they become major problems.
WAN edge infrastructure can also help to reduce costs associated with network management and maintenance. With a centralized, cloud-based approach to network management, you can streamline operations and reduce the need for on-site IT personnel.
WAN edge infrastructure is a crucial component for enterprises and organizations that rely heavily on data networks. As we have seen, the demand for WAN edge infrastructure is increasing due to the growing number of remote workers and the need for reliable and secure connectivity.
From the statistics presented in this post, we can see that the WAN edge infrastructure market is expected to grow significantly in the coming years, and various technologies are emerging to meet the needs of organizations. Software-defined WANs, cloud-based solutions, and artificial intelligence are just a few of the innovations that are driving this market forward.
Overall, the WAN edge infrastructure market is evolving rapidly, and businesses must stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies to remain competitive. By investing in a robust and secure WAN edge infrastructure, businesses can ensure that they can support their digital transformation initiatives and enable their workforce to operate efficiently from anywhere in the world.