Web Content Management (WCM) is a crucial aspect of managing a website. It involves creating, managing, and publishing digital content on a website.
As the internet continues to evolve, WCM has become increasingly important for businesses looking to create a strong online presence.
In this blog post, we will discuss statistics related to Web Content Management that businesses should be aware of.
Key Web Content Management Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- WordPress powers 40.8% of all websites on the internet, as of 2021. (Source: W3Techs)
- Drupal, another popular CMS, is used by 1.7% of all websites. (Source: W3Techs)
- 90% of marketers say that content marketing is important to their overall marketing strategy. (Source: HubSpot)
- Companies that blog generate 97% more leads than those that don’t. (Source: HubSpot)
- Content marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates about three times as many leads. (Source: DemandMetric)
- Websites that publish new content frequently get 4.5 times more leads than those that don’t. (Source: HubSpot)
- 38% of website visitors will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive. (Source: Adobe)
- More than half (55%) of website visitors spend less than 15 seconds on a website. (Source: Chartbeat)
- 86% of buyers are willing to pay more for a great customer experience. (Source: Oracle)
- 83% of businesses that prioritize customer experience see revenue growth. (Source: Forbes)
- These statistics demonstrate the importance of web content management and content marketing in today’s digital landscape, and show how effective strategies can have a significant impact on a company’s bottom line.
Importance of Web Content Management
Web content management is vital for businesses looking to establish and maintain an online presence. Here are some statistics that highlight its importance:
- 88% of online users are less likely to return to a website after a bad experience. (Source: The Gomez Report)
- 47% of users expect a website to load in 2 seconds or less. (Source: Akamai)
- The bounce rate of a website increases by 50% if the page takes 2 seconds longer to load. (Source: Google)
- 75% of users judge a company’s credibility based on its website design. (Source: Stanford Persuasive Technology Lab)
- 64% of consumers make a purchase after watching branded social media videos. (Source: Tubular Insights)
Web Content Creation
Creating high-quality web content is critical to the success of any website. Here are some statistics that highlight the importance of content creation:
- Content marketing generates 3 times more leads than paid search advertising. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
- 91% of B2B marketers use content marketing to reach customers. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
- 61% of marketers say improving SEO and growing their organic presence is their top inbound marketing priority. (Source: HubSpot)
- 72% of marketers say that the most effective SEO tactic is creating relevant content. (Source: Ascend2)
- Websites with blog content have 434% more indexed pages than those without. (Source: Tech Client)
Web Content Management Systems
Web Content Management Systems (WCMS) are used to create and manage digital content on websites. Here are some statistics related to WCMS:
- WordPress powers 40% of all websites on the internet. (Source: W3Techs)
- Drupal is used by 1.5% of all websites on the internet. (Source: BuiltWith)
- Joomla is used by 2.2% of all websites on the internet. (Source: BuiltWith)
- 85% of companies with over 1,000 employees use a WCMS. (Source: Capterra)
- WCMS market size is expected to grow to $12.6 billion by 2025. (Source: MarketsandMarkets)
Web Content Management Best Practices
Following best practices when it comes to web content management can help businesses create a successful online presence. Here are some statistics that highlight best practices:
- 60% of mobile users expect a website to load in 3 seconds or less. (Source: Google)
- Content with relevant images receives 94% more views than content without images. (Source: Optimind Technology Solutions)
- 72% of marketers say that videos have improved their conversion rates. (Source: Wyzowl)
- Long-form content generates 9 times more leads than short-form content. (Source: Curata)
- 70% of consumers prefer to learn about a company through articles rather than advertisements. (Source: Content Marketing Institute)
User Engagement and Analytics
Once your web content is published, it’s essential to monitor user engagement and track key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the effectiveness of your content strategy. Here are some statistics related to user engagement and analytics:
- The average time a user spends on a website is around 15 seconds.
- According to a survey, the most critical website metrics tracked by marketers include website traffic (63%), bounce rate (56%), and conversion rate (54%).
- 89% of marketers use analytics tools to measure website performance.
- The average bounce rate for a website is around 55%.
- Companies that publish 16+ blog posts per month get 3.5 times more traffic than those that publish less than four blog posts per month.
As more users access the web through mobile devices, optimizing your website for mobile is essential to ensure a positive user experience. Here are some statistics related to mobile optimization:
- More than half of all internet traffic comes from mobile devices.
- Google’s mobile-first indexing means that websites with a mobile-friendly design are given priority in search rankings.
- Mobile users are five times more likely to abandon a website if it’s not optimized for mobile.
- The average load time for a mobile landing page is 15 seconds, but 53% of mobile users will abandon a page if it takes longer than three seconds to load.
- Mobile-optimized websites have an 8.9% higher conversion rate than non-optimized sites.
Effective web content management is a critical component of any successful online business strategy. By understanding the latest trends and statistics in web content management, you can make informed decisions to create, manage and optimize your website for maximum engagement and conversions.
Whether you’re looking to improve your content creation process, track user engagement metrics, or optimize your website for mobile, there are plenty of tools and strategies available to help you achieve your goals.
By staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in web content management, you can stay ahead of the competition and drive sustained growth and success for your business.