Workflow management refers to the process of automating and optimizing business processes, such as tasks, activities, and operations.
With the advent of new technologies, workflow management has become a crucial aspect of business operations.
This blog post will cover workflow management statistics that will help you understand the importance and benefits of implementing a workflow management system in your business.
KeyWorkflow Management Statistics 2023 – MY Choice
- According to a survey conducted by McKinsey, workflow management software can improve productivity by up to 25%.
- The global workflow management system market is expected to reach $9.87 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 22.6% from 2020 to 2025.
- In a study conducted by IDC, organizations that implemented workflow automation reduced their error rates by 45%.
- A survey by Nintex found that 87% of organizations believed that workflow automation helped them reduce manual errors.
- According to a survey conducted by Formstack, 68% of companies still use manual processes for at least one business process.
- A report by TechValidate found that implementing workflow automation helped one organization reduce their administrative workload by 50%.
- In a study conducted by AIIM, 43% of organizations reported improved employee productivity as a result of workflow automation.
- According to a survey by Kissflow, 64% of businesses reported that automating their workflows resulted in increased revenue.
- A report by the Aberdeen Group found that companies that implemented workflow automation saw a 15% reduction in their cycle times.
- In a survey conducted by Quick Base, 88% of respondents believed that automation would help their business run more efficiently.
Workflow Management Market Statistics
- The global workflow management system market size was valued at $4.7 billion in 2020 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.6% from 2021 to 2028.
- The North American region holds the largest market share in the workflow management system market, accounting for 38.2% in 2020.
- The healthcare sector is expected to witness significant growth in the workflow management system market due to the increasing adoption of digital technologies.
Workflow Automation Statistics
- Companies that have automated their workflows report a 15% increase in productivity.
- Workflow automation can reduce operational costs by up to 30%.
- 88% of businesses that have implemented workflow automation report an improvement in their compliance with industry regulations.
- 86% of companies that use workflow automation report that it has improved their overall business efficiency.
- Workflow automation reduces error rates by up to 50%.
Benefits of Workflow Management Systems
- Workflow management systems help businesses automate repetitive tasks and increase efficiency.
- By using workflow management systems, companies can easily track the progress of tasks and projects, improving transparency and accountability.
- Workflow management systems help businesses streamline communication and collaboration among team members, leading to better decision-making and problem-solving.
- With workflow management systems, businesses can improve customer satisfaction by reducing response times and ensuring consistency in processes.
- Workflow management systems help businesses adapt to changing market conditions quickly by allowing for agile and flexible processes.
Workflow Management System Adoption Statistics
- In 2020, 66% of businesses reported using some form of workflow management system.
- By 2023, it is estimated that the workflow management market will grow to $9.9 billion.
- Small and medium-sized businesses are increasingly adopting workflow management systems, with 50% of small businesses and 74% of medium-sized businesses using them.
Cloud-Based Workflow Management Statistics
- Cloud-based workflow management systems are growing in popularity, with 62% of businesses reporting that they use a cloud-based system.
- Cloud-based workflow management systems offer businesses more flexibility and scalability, making it easier to adapt to changing business needs.
- 87% of companies using cloud-based workflow management systems report that they have experienced cost savings.
Workflow Management System Integration Statistics
- Workflow management system integration is becoming more common, with 73% of businesses integrating their workflow management system with other software and tools.
- Integration with other software and tools can enhance the functionality of workflow management systems, providing additional features and capabilities.
- The most commonly integrated software with workflow management systems include customer relationship management (CRM) tools, document management systems, and accounting software.
Workflow Management System Security Statistics
- 84% of businesses report that security is their top concern when it comes to workflow management systems.
- Workflow management systems can improve security by providing access controls, permissions, and audit trails.
- Cloud-based workflow management systems are more secure than on-premise systems, with 94% of businesses reporting that they feel their data is secure on a cloud-based system.
Workflow Management System ROI Statistics
- Workflow management systems can provide significant ROI, with businesses reporting an average ROI of 176% after implementing a workflow management system.
- Workflow automation can reduce operational costs by 30-40%, according to research by McKinsey.
- 40% of knowledge workers report that they spend too much time on manual tasks that could be automated with workflow management tools, according to research by ServiceNow.
- Workflow automation can reduce processing time by 50-75%, according to research by Nintex.
- 60% of organizations report that they plan to invest in workflow automation in the next two years, according to research by ServiceNow.
- Workflow automation can improve compliance by up to 80%, according to research by Forrester.
- 84% of IT decision-makers report that their organizations use some form of workflow automation, according to research by Quickbase.
- The global workflow automation market is expected to grow from $4.26 billion in 2020 to $24.8 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 32.3%, according to research by MarketsandMarkets.
- The healthcare sector is expected to have the highest CAGR in the workflow automation market from 2021 to 2026, according to research by MarketsandMarkets.
- The North American region is expected to hold the largest market share in the workflow automation market from 2021 to 2026, according to research by MarketsandMarkets.
- The retail and eCommerce sector is expected to have significant growth in the workflow automation market from 2021 to 2026, according to research by MarketsandMarkets.
Popular Workflow Management Tools
There are numerous workflow management tools available on the market, each with its own set of features and benefits. Here are five popular tools that organizations can consider:
- Asana: Asana is a popular workflow management tool that enables teams to manage tasks, projects, and workflows in a centralized platform. The tool includes features such as task assignment, deadline tracking, and progress tracking.
- Trello: Trello is a simple and visual workflow management tool that uses boards, lists, and cards to manage tasks and projects. The tool includes features such as task assignment, deadline tracking, and progress tracking.
- Airtable: Airtable is a flexible and customizable workflow management tool that enables teams to manage tasks, projects, and workflows in a relational database. The tool includes features such as task assignment, deadline tracking, and progress tracking.
- Monday.com: Monday.com is a customizable and visual workflow management tool that enables teams to manage tasks, projects, and workflows in a centralized platform. The tool includes features such as task assignment, deadline tracking, and progress tracking.
- Zapier: Zapier is an automation platform that enables teams to connect and automate workflows across multiple applications. The tool includes features such as task automation, data synchronization, and notification management.